Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I had no issue with the $50 one. Isaac and World of Goo ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,475 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

thanks all !! Isaac now downloading , the third different platform i've bought it on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

sligeach wrote: »
    See I couldn't care less for that feature yet I've to pay for that while getting a very underwhelming home console.

Are you trying to justify buying one or what are you doing?? I can tell you now, from just watching the missus play zelda it's far from underwhelming. Even when it's undocked at 720p it just looks amazing. I've seen a couple of your posts and you seem to just want to moan about the switch like, dude if you don't like it, that's fine, but comparing PS4 & Xbox Ones price tags as some sort of smoking gun is just bull****.. I have both next gen consoles and I bought the wife a switch with no second thoughts.. it's a fantastic piece of gear and the fact you can use it as a handheld also it's just unreal. I'd buy another PS4 to use the same features as the switch has no problem. Stop trying to put the system down when you've never even used it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Zelda undocked is fantastic, smooth, crisp and steady. Zelda docked randomly falls to blighttown levels of framerate issues. It seems so random that it must be firmware causing it because I've been in the same area one day and it's silky smooth then returned (same weather etc) and been a stuttery mess.

Game is gorgeous at times. Splatoon too was really impressive and had no issues that i noticed.

Being able to play anywhere then dock seamlessly to the tv IS the main feature of the console. People might think it's not important, it very quickly becomes the best thing ever ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have to say I wasn't entirely sold on the portability side of it, thinking I'd just use it docked. But being able to undock it and use it around the house is a massive plus. Being able to free up the tv and play at the same time is great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

While my Mrs Ciderman always seemed to frown at my using the WiiU off screen, she has had no issues, so far at least, with my playing on the Switch, and I've no idea why....
    But, it is pretty nice to chill, play some Zelda, Isaac or Bomberman of an evening.
    As I've changed roles in work I've no opportunity to play it on the go really, but Cidonalad thinks it's fantastic!

It'll be interesting to see what the likes of Ubi/EA and Activision might have lined up for the E3, looking forward to that!

But, Splatoon 2, Arms and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are must haves, so can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Banjo wrote: »
    Well, since the NX/Switch speculation thread was closed on launch, this is surely the only place to discuss the Switch whether you have one or not ?

there's a separate thread for people without a switch
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712843

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

May not be the place, but if anyone fancies swapping a digital code for a physical copy (unlicked!) of Zelda, let me know. I'm going to go all digital for this thing. No interest in carrying around cartridges!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Are you trying to justify buying one or what are you doing?? I can tell you now, from just watching the missus play zelda it's far from underwhelming. Even when it's undocked at 720p it just looks amazing. I've seen a couple of your posts and you seem to just want to moan about the switch like, dude if you don't like it, that's fine, but comparing PS4 & Xbox Ones price tags as some sort of smoking gun is just bull****.. I have both next gen consoles and I bought the wife a switch with no second thoughts.. it's a fantastic piece of gear and the fact you can use it as a handheld also it's just unreal. I'd buy another PS4 to use the same features as the switch has no problem. Stop trying to put the system down when you've never even used it

Look again.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=133250&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=578

I've been very fair and balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

"I have to pay for that feature while getting an underwhelming home console"

No you've been talking out your arse lad.

PSYONIX 'EVALUATING' WHETHER TO BRING ROCKET LEAGUE TO NINTENDO SWITCH
    "We’re looking to see what kind of true community demand there is."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/psyonix-evaluating-whether-to-bring-rocket-league-to-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PSYONIX 'EVALUATING' WHETHER TO BRING ROCKET LEAGUE TO NINTENDO SWITCH
    "We’re looking to see what kind of true community demand there is."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/psyonix-evaluating-whether-to-bring-rocket-league-to-nintendo-switch

When i first saw a video clip of Rocket League on youtube the first thing that came to mind was the football game in Excite Bike 64. Had some great fun playing that with friends

Snake Pass - Switch vs. PS4 Graphics Comparison (Direct-Feed Footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAppjktmF6c

Warner Bros. have issued a statement following the internets meltdown yesterday to clarify the situation regarding Lego City Undercover.

WB COMMENTS ON LEGO CITY: UNDERCOVER SWITCH DOWNLOAD
    No download required for the physical version.

"The information is listed incorrectly on the packaging of LEGO City Undercover for Nintendo Switch. Players who purchase a physical copy of LEGO City Undercover on Nintendo Switch at retail are getting the complete game, and do not need to download additional content to enjoy the full experience. An internet connection is not required to play the game. The only internet connection suggested is to download the typical content update patch."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

"I have to pay for that feature while getting an underwhelming home console"

No you've been talking out your arse lad.

Mod: Absolutely no need for that. Keep it civil please people.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

The kids flogged the Xbox One and got a switch over the weekend. I didn't look too closely before getting it & suspected it was a bit basic & toyish, but glad to be proven wrong. Spent most of my time so far playing 1-2 switch just to get used to capabilities. Also have Zelda but really looking forward to multi player games. Agree with the statement above, its like iPad where a re-touch of existing tech gives a positive experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rocket league would be a hit, depending on the online service Nintendo provide. It's been a smash on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Dead N64 brought back to life as a Switch dock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Danonino. wrote: »
    Zelda undocked is fantastic, smooth, crisp and steady. Zelda docked randomly falls to blighttown levels of framerate issues. It seems so random that it must be firmware causing it because I've been in the same area one day and it's silky smooth then returned (same weather etc) and been a stuttery mess.

I recall reading that it might be caused by an issue with the Switch scanning for wifi networks and putting an extra strain on the CPU. Try putting it in flight mode and see if it improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Snake Pass - Switch vs. PS4 Graphics Comparison (Direct-Feed Footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAppjktmF6c

Not looking bad on switch at all, although I really dislike sub-native resolutions. I'd take slightly lessened effects to keep 720p native.

Not a deal breaker or anything, just a preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I recall reading that it might be caused by an issue with the Switch scanning for wifi networks and putting an extra strain on the CPU. Try putting it in flight mode and see if it improves.

This might explain why it seems to be running better since the Splatoon testfire, i set up the LAN adaptor for the testfire so the switch is wired when docked now. Interesting. Korok forest is still a bit rough but I did notice less frames dropping. Could be coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

This is probably not the correct forum. But seems to be closest. My left joy-con seems to be one of the glitchy ones. Almost unusable unless it's on handheld mode. Has anyone else had to return one? What is the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I found out. They said they will post a label and it will arrive in a few days. Then you post that back. That will take 2-3 weeks. Ahh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Moved the above posts from the Bargain Alerts thread, as it's certainly not a bargain alert!

Contact Nintendo support, and they'll let you know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

My left joycon is pretty bad for losing connection and I'll swear it happened a couple of times with the right one too. It's always when it loses line-of-sight with the docked system.
    I'll live with it for now. Not sending it back to be without for 2 weeks and I didn't buy the pro controller

Kid Makes A Cardboard Nintendo Switch Because Mom Won't Buy The Console
    w44oowaxjjge4z96x5ln.png

http://kotaku.com/kid-makes-a-cardboard-nintendo-switch-because-mom-wont-1793756296

Edit: And video Tweet.

How cool and impressive is that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know Sligeach
    It looks pretty underwhelming compared to cardboard PS4 and cardboard Xbox One.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

alekito wrote: »
    I found out. They said they will post a label and it will arrive in a few days. Then you post that back. That will take 2-3 weeks. Ahh!!!

You phone? I haven't got an email reply yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Kid Makes A Cardboard Nintendo Switch Because Mom Won't Buy The Console
    w44oowaxjjge4z96x5ln.png

http://kotaku.com/kid-makes-a-cardboard-nintendo-switch-because-mom-wont-1793756296

Edit: And video Tweet.

How cool and impressive is that?

That actually broke my heart a little.

Advertisement