Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is there a language menu in rabbids (can the langiage be changed to English in a foreign version)?
    Does the collectors edition have all of the DLC or just the amiibo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Suckit wrote: »
    Is there a language menu in rabbids (can the langiage be changed to English in a foreign version)?
    Does the collectors edition have all of the DLC or just the amiibo?
    Normally the game uses the language the Switch is set to, I bought physical Japanese versions of Okami and Katamari Damacy while in Taiwan and they both defaulted to English when I popped then into the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If the cart has EUR on sticker it's multilingual if Fra De Esp etc it's not

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Normally the game uses the language the Switch is set to, I bought physical Japanese versions of Okami and Katamari Damacy while in Taiwan and they both defaulted to English when I popped then into the Switch.
    If the cart has EUR on sticker it's multilingual if Fra De Esp etc it's not

Great thanks. I have a set of speakers coming from mailboxde this week, and I saw Rabbid collectors edition on sale for €32 (Deutsch version) so I am planning on adding it, as it wouldn't add anything to to the shipping price.

I am guessing the collectors edition also has the DLC that the gold has?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Great thanks. I have a set of speakers coming from mailboxde this week, and I saw Rabbid collectors edition on sale for €32 (Deutsch version) so I am planning on adding it, as it wouldn't add anything to to the shipping price.

I am guessing the collectors edition also has the DLC that the gold has?

No, I don’t think so. Collectors edition is mainly the statue and maybe some pre order DLC

chrislad wrote: »
    No, I don’t think so. Collectors edition is mainly the statue and maybe some pre order DLC

Right then I won't order that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1227396904654426114?s=19

Pretty underwhelming additions but additions nonetheless

Faxanadu would be epic a boy can only dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's two snes games i wanted to play but never got around to. Smash tennis had 4 players right? Could be fun online

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is more appropriate for "Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases", but however...

Pokémon Home launches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Not sure if this is more appropriate for "Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases", but however...

[URL="https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/11/21134050/pokemon-home-grand-
    oak-professor-nintendo-switch-app-release"]Pokémon Home launches[/URL]

The news is thin on the ground at the moment. So every little helps.
    Waiting for nintendo to drop those big AAA trailers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone here use wireless headphones with the Switch? Thinking of picking up a wireless dongle so I can connect the Switch to my Bose headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Quick, possibly stupid, question. I have my switch set as the main account with my daughter linked, if I download Mario Rabbids on my own switch from the US store, is it possible for her to also play it through her own switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

TitianGerm wrote:
    Does anyone here use wireless headphones with the Switch? Thinking of picking up a wireless dongle so I can connect the Switch to my Bose headphones.

I'm awaiting delivery of this... Hopefully next week. Id read positive review on it, and I like its small form factor.

Grassey wrote: »
    I'm awaiting delivery of this... Hopefully next week. Id read positive review on it, and I like its small form factor.

Nothing linked there?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Nothing linked there?

This is the one (or very similar to) that has been mentioned here a couple of times. It can do two headsets at the same time, and when docked. Could be the one they are referring to.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L9SL7ZT

Edited
    This one seems to be similar but cheaper - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WD39PZM

this is the one (or very similar to) that has been mentioned here a couple of times. It can do two headsets at the same time.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L9SL7ZT

Great thanks. I had come across this one and that's what had me asking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WD39PZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EQNuEb6SE3PG8

Great thanks. I had come across this one and that's what had me asking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WD39PZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EQNuEb6SE3PG8

Had edited post to incude that but hadn't seen yours :)

Had edited post to incude that but hadn't seen yours :)

If I needed a headset for the Switch I'd probably go for this though.

SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WDD4PTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_14NuEbQ3GEHFN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I picked up one of these - Gulikit Route Air - a few months ago - havent used it that much. There is some small lag thats noticeable but my headphones do not support APTx Low Latency (just standard APTx) which is what you need for lagless audio. So make sure you have that codec support before you buy new headphones (those headphones linked above do not have any APTx support so I would avoid buying them for this use)

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote:
    Nothing linked there?

Weird... But yes the gulikit one linked above from amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Finally jumped on the Switch bandwagon yesterday, picked up an OG model with BOTW.

Also signed up for Nintendo online - seems outrageously good value at €19.99 for 12 months, given all the NES & SNES game access etc. Also Tetris 99 is wildly addictive.

Can any of the NES or SNES games be downloaded for offline use at all?

Sorry, probably been answered several times before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Finally jumped on the Switch bandwagon yesterday, picked up an OG model with BOTW.

Also signed up for Nintendo online - seems outrageously good value at €19.99 for 12 months, given all the NES & SNES game access etc. Also Tetris 99 is wildly addictive.

Can any of the NES or SNES games be downloaded for offline use at all?

Sorry, probably been answered several times before!
    You don't need to be online to play the nes or SNES games, they are already downloaded. You need online access once a week I think it is to check your subscription is active.

iamtony wrote: »
    You don't need to be online to play the nes or SNES games, they are already downloaded. You need online access once a week I think it is to check your subscription is active.

Oh wow, fantastic! Thank you

Grassey wrote:
    Weird... But yes the gulikit one linked above from amazon

Which arrived yesterday, and I'm using it paired with redmi airdots and all good so far!

I may even start playing games with sound on again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Grassey wrote: »
    Which arrived yesterday, and I'm using it paired with redmi airdots and all good so far!

I may even start playing games with sound on again!

Does this work in handheld only, or can it be used while docked?

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Does this work in handheld only, or can it be used while docked?
    According to the questions on the amazon page

Question: Does this work when its in the dock ?? Or do i have to buy extra bits for it
    Answer:
    Yes it does! It comes with a USB 3.0 to USB C adapter to plug into the USB socket on the side of the dock. I have tested this, and can confirm it works

I've been given a Splatoon 2 bonus gear code, its of no use to me as I don't have the game.

Free to whoever shouts first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see that tomorrow is the Switch's third anniversary. It would be a lovely day for a Nintendo direct, a nice shadow drop (MP trilogy?) or maybe a chunky firmware update.

Wishful thinking? :o

Pikmin 3. Bayonetta 3. No more heroes 3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Half Life 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

manual_man wrote: »
    Pikmin 3

As much as I'd love to see 3 again, I would rather see 4, which had been supposedly almost finished years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I think it's terrible value for money but will keep it as its needed for the Mario maker levels.. also no harm in me completing a link to the past again.

Overall though I love the switch, I don't know why I waited so long to get it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I see that tomorrow is the Switch's third anniversary. It would be a lovely day for a Nintendo direct, a nice shadow drop (MP trilogy?) or maybe a chunky firmware update.

Wishful thinking? :o

Kinda called it. Firmware 9.2.0 out now. Just stability though....

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Poor ol' nintendos ceaseless battle againt stability :D

Yikes. Castlevania Symphony of the Night just launched on mobile. Switch version please? Pretty please?

https://www.droidgamers.com/2020/03/04/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-suddenly-materializes-on-android

Konami need to launch a classic collection too many to name really Metal Gear Silent Hill Mystical Ninja Castlevania etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SotN on the Switch would be simply excellence incarnate.
    If they could also release The Orange Box and have Black Mesa/Portal 2 on there it would be the greatest thing of all time, forwards and backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the new season of Castlevania out this week, it would be a good time for a Switch release for both Castlevania and netflix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yikes. Castlevania Symphony of the Night just launched on mobile. Switch version please? Pretty please?

https://www.droidgamers.com/2020/03/04/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-suddenly-materializes-on-android

Need a controller, I hate touch screen controllers!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

brought it and rondo of blood in the xmas sales. must get around to it soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How do I identify the Switch model number if buying from CEX?
    Or are they most likely to be gen 1?

If you’re buying a used Switch, there might not be any box to examine. So another way of verifying that it’s the newer hardware model is by glancing at the serial number. If it starts with XKW, that’s the new one. Anything else (such as XAW), and you’re holding an original-release Switch. The serial number can be found on the bottom of the Switch console.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/12/20802539/nintendo-switch-v2-new-updated-battery-console-how-to-buy

Mine starts with XKJ

Has anyone here bought a second Switch and if so was it easy setting things up in terms of your account, games library etc? I'm toying with the idea of getting a Switch Lite to go with my regular.

PS. I suppose I'm wondering as well is it easy to just pick up one Switch and pick up where you left off in a (digital) game that you'd last played on your other Switch. I have Switch Online subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

manual_man wrote: »
    Has anyone here bought a second Switch and if so was it easy setting things up in terms of your account, games library etc? I'm toying with the idea of getting a Switch Lite to go with my regular.

PS. I suppose I'm wondering as well is it easy to just pick up one Switch and pick up where you left off in a (digital) game that you'd last played on your other Switch. I have Switch Online subscription.

I got a lite as well as the normal one. And using both is okay but not seemless.

You just log into both with the same accounts and download your games, very simple.

You can only have 1 primary console though, the other one needs to check your licence online each time you try to play a game. So carry the primary one in any locations with poor internet.

You can't swap SD cards between them as it gets tied to the one machine. If you try to put your SD Card into the 2nd Switch you will need to format it before it can be used. You can use multiple SD cards on the same switch.

But cloud saves work well (you might need to manually up/download it).

But otherwise no issues.

In Short, no really blockers, but no massive value either. I prefer my OG and the limitations of the lite far out weight the small boost in portability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

When are we getting the N64 games on the Switch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The Nal wrote: »
    When are we getting the N64 games on the Switch?

No one knows. It's not been announced, so may never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

pasta-solo wrote: »
    No one knows. It's not been announced, so may never happen.

Seems very odd that they haven't monetised the N64 games. Maybe its an issue with Rare? No Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, Conkers, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement