Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Debating buying the Switch in the next day or 2.

As a clarification, what sort of customer service/warranties come with this? I know there are issues like dead pixels (which Nintendo claimed wasn't an issue and is to be expected) & left joycon connectivity problems (which, again, Nintendo is claiming isn't an issue), but what could be covered?

Also what's the best way to protect it & ensure no issues happen? Thing like a screen protector, I'm assuming, is absolutely necessary.

Can't clarify the dead pixel issue, but the joy con problem has been acknowledged by Nintendo and they are offering free repairs on any affected controllers. I've heard some reports from people with screen protectors about them melting/bubbling while docked, so they might not be a great idea! That said, i have the official screen protector on mine that came with the case, and have had no issues yet. I use the console docked 90% of the time.

People have scratched the screen taking it out of the dock apparently, but i imagine just being careful is the best solution here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    I want to watch that video but I keep thinking "Hey...you...guys!"

When I read your post I can't help but think of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

3D Printed Cabinet Turns Nintendo Switch into Neo Geo Arcade
    Neo-Geo-Cabinet.jpg

https://all3dp.com/3d-printed-cabinet-turns-nintendo-switch-into-neo-geo-arcade-machine/

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

sligeach wrote: »
    Is the Switch's Left Joy-Con Issue Fixed? We Put Nintendo's Repair to the Test!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpCqUTMuIF8

I watched it. Moral of the story is they've fixed it. Don't know how he managed to make a 9 minute video out of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I watched it. Moral of the story is they've fixed it. Don't know how he managed to make a 9 minute video out of that....
    well known that youtube prioritise videos of 9-10 minutes in length, now that you know, you'll see videos of that length all the freaking damn time!

• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch reviews: Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch, Super Bomberman R, Fast RMX

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/games/reviews/nintendo-switch-reviews-snipperclips-12switch-super-bomberman-r-fast-rmx-35579543.html

Irish media as ever with their finger on the pulse. Just a few weeks late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Nintendo Switch reviews: Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch, Super Bomberman R, Fast RMX

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/games/reviews/nintendo-switch-reviews-snipperclips-12switch-super-bomberman-r-fast-rmx-35579543.html

Irish media as ever with their finger on the pulse. Just a few weeks late.

Gotta love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

I'm heading near Argos and GameStop in a while and just wondering what Switch case people recommend to buy?

crowseye wrote: »
    I'm heading near Argos and GameStop in a while and just wondering what Switch case people recommend to buy?

I went for the official Nintendo one that comes with the screen protector, think it was €24.99. Looks like I will need to buy a new one as I lost that one on the LUAS yesterday evening :-( Called lost and found but no one has handed it in as of yet and I think I'm being very optimistic thinking it will be handed in.....:mad:

madmoe wrote: »
    I went for the official Nintendo one that comes with the screen protector, think it was €24.99. Looks like I will need to buy a new one as I lost that one on the LUAS yesterday evening :-( Called lost and found but no one has handed it in as of yet and I think I'm being very optimistic thinking it will be handed in.....:mad:

It's €24.99 in Argos but only €19.99 in GameStop if you wana save yourself a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Hori wired Switch controller seems to be very delayed with no new information really anywhere but here's a Dutch site with an interesting set of stills/renders of the thing with a view of the cool/bizarre swappable d pad.

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/hori-gaming-controller-pad-switch/9200000073064043/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

It's a crap issue in fairness, and my controller is barely usable right now only roughly 2 meters from the console with no interference between. It doesn't look completely resolved, but it's at least a decent bit better than before.

These joy con's are meant to be a suped up wiimote and are being priced accordingly, so it should work better not significantly worse. I hope Nintendo at least email me back soon. At least the pro controller works flawlessly!

Japan and their wackiness strikes again. Commercial for Super Bomberman R.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got another automated reply from Nintendo
    Thank you for your recent email to Nintendo UK Customer Services.

We are currently experiencing a high number of customer queries. We would like to apologise for the delay in our response and want to reassure you that we are working our hardest to get back to you as soon as possible.

Please do not reply to this email as this mailbox is not monitored or email again as this may slow our ability to reach your initial query.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo UK Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Nintendo are pretty good, i had a similar email when my Wii decided to not read discs and go absolutely insane when loading any virtual console game. They got back to me within a day or two were super apologetic and sent a courier out the next day. Wasn't even in warranty. This is years ago mind so things might have changed.

A month in and Zelda just keeps surprising. Housemate is playing through on the Wii U. Was it worth spending 300+ quid when I could have spent 50 on the Wii U version....

Yep. No regrets. The ability to switch from docked to portable and bring it anywhere really is the unique selling point. I wasn't expecting it to be such a game changer but it really is. I played a game of Fast Rmx in the car on the way to KFC split screen with a friend, two controllers and a screen then Zelda on the way back like some sort of wizardly good Gameboy before docking and playing with the pro controller.
    They have something special here for sure. Need Splatoon to release. Mario Kart will be huge too.

Does the Nintendo Switch download faster in sleep mode?
    If you've already picked up Nintendo's new Switch console and you're downloading your games via the eShop, you might want to take advantage of the console's sleep mode.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/does-the-nintendo-switch-download-faster-in-sleep-mode

Is It FASTER to Download Nintendo Switch Games in Sleep Mode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApNdOMdlP9Q

It's €24.99 in Argos but only €19.99 in GameStop if you wana save yourself a few quid

Excellent! Off to GameStop I go!

Free DLC is coming to Super Bomberman R. For your sanity, I suggest you only watch from 50:45 for 1 minute. Can't stand schmaltzy cringefests like that.

madmoe wrote: »
    Excellent! Off to GameStop I go!

I never thought I'd hear anyone, or read anyone, making that statement... just goes to show really...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I never thought I'd hear anyone, or read anyone, making that statement... just goes to show really...

I had to sully their doors for one of the exact same items to keep my Switch protected from the elements...

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Needs must!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got another automated reply from Nintendo

I got a second automated reply like that this morning, but about 30 mins ago got another email apologizing for the delay and to book a repair slot either over the phone or through Nintendoservicecenter.co.uk.

My left joycon is having sync issues and my right joycon has broken rumble. Not looking forward to sending them in. This launch month has been great for me gamewise :(

PETA doesn't think that 1, 2 Switch shows milking in a realistic enough light. I'm sure Nintendo are making the changes as we speak. :rolleyes:
    17457434_10155201459194586_1968923773566780729_n.jpg?oh=f522f3eb9690e3792caf97614a1da065&oe=59576F14

https://www.facebook.com/official.peta/photos/a.55746449585.62921.5647744585/10155201459194586/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So if they accept the challenge, we have to simulate raping a cow before we can play the milking or calf-knapping minigames?

Can't see how the controls will work but I have faith Ninty can make them fun. Bring on the cow rape patch!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

PETA doesn't think that 1, 2 Switch....

I was 100% sure this was a joke. Utter cretins

A little strong there Banjo....

I don't imagine Peta get to go to many rooftop parties with Karen...

F*#k you Karen!

PETA doesn't think that 1, 2 Switch shows milking in a realistic enough light. I'm sure Nintendo are making the changes as we speak. :rolleyes:
    17457434_10155201459194586_1968923773566780729_n.jpg?oh=f522f3eb9690e3792caf97614a1da065&oe=59576F14

https://www.facebook.com/official.peta/photos/a.55746449585.62921.5647744585/10155201459194586/?type=3&theater

I genuinely thought that this was a p*ss take until I went to PETA's website and found out its actually true!
    Have they nothing better to be doing, hard to be taken seriously when this is what you're dedicating your time towards as an organisation!!

Now if Nintendo were to remove the cow milking game, what scenario could they put in instead that used similar hand gestures..... I wonder... Now that'd be a patch that'd be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PETA are a joke and a constant source of ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mr E wrote: »
    PETA are a joke and a constant source of ridicule.

You can't really some them up in less words than this.

Feck me those boys want to get their heads out of their arses, "the violent insemination" on the "rape rack".

Every single one of the many famers I've ever met, give a lot of ****s about their cows, it's a very time consuming profession/hobby, and not at all one where the 'product', so to speak, receives violent treatment on a whim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

My girlfriend is a vegan
    I showed her petas letter
    She is still cringing

Advertisement