Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

$30 for a 7 year old Wiiware game(and later 3DS), nevermind that it's even older elsewhere. And isn't it free on PC? The Switch needs new games not old ports that are looking to make a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Switch will get new games, releasing games like this is not sacrificing anything. The physical release for this will actually sell decently I think. Price point seems a little high for sure but games like these have a market all for themselves, especially physical copies of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's a month old and E3 is still two months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Corholio wrote: »
    Cave Story+ launching June 20th on physical release in NA for $29.99.

cave-story-plus-boxart.jpg

Cave Story is a fantastic game, but sorry, there's no way it's worth 30$. It's 15 at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Sarn

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch consoles are apparently warping, ours included

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/04/03/nintendo-switch-console-warping-bending/

I'd like to see if there's a slight curve on a new unit before it's used.

There's a slight curve on mine. I haven't used it enough for it to have happened under use. I would say some are made that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    Cave Story is a fantastic game, but sorry, there's no way it's worth 30$. It's 15 at a push.

It's officially free on the PSP, you can download the game and install it on an unmodded PSP if you like.
    I have the 3ds port, and it's lovely.
    They'd better do something interesting with it to make it worth the money, otherwise I'll pass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nice reddit thread about the switch here : Switch - March in Review / April Look Ahead.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/62je2d/switch_march_in_review_april_look_ahead/

Lego City Undercover On Nintendo Switch Doesn’t Fix The Game’s Crippling Load Times

http://wwg.com/2017/04/03/lego-city-undercover-on-nintendo-switch-doesn-t-fix-the-game-s-c/

Lego City Undercover Load Times Comparison (Switch VS Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HK8fq7V2I

To load the games open world takes:

64 seconds on Wii U

vs

51 seconds on Switch.

Yikes! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Lego City Undercover On Nintendo Switch Doesn’t Fix The Game’s Crippling Load Times

http://wwg.com/2017/04/03/lego-city-undercover-on-nintendo-switch-doesn-t-fix-the-game-s-c/

Lego City Undercover Load Times Comparison (Switch VS Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HK8fq7V2I

To load the games open world takes:

64 seconds on Wii U

vs

51 seconds on Switch.

Yikes! :eek:

Load times were a bastard for sure. Still played it through with a friend and enjoyed every bit of it. Wouldn't buy again though. Is there much extra content/stuff?
    It was good, but not buy/play again good.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Load times were a bastard for sure. Still played it through with a friend and enjoyed every bit of it. Wouldn't buy again though. Is there much extra content/stuff?
    It was good, but not buy/play again good.

No it's pretty much the same. They kept the Nintendo Easter eggs in the Switch version. And there's now a co-op mode, there's some other mode I think but I can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

hi, promised my daughters one for easter, wondering if anyone could tell me what should i get with it like sd card size, do i get another controller and i see here people on about a battery bank and what games they are 7 and 5. thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are there optional downloads to make the load times quicker in LCU I wonder?
    Or perhaps it's something that can be patched.
    It was never a day one purchase for me anyway, so I'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Those load times are still awful. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

hi, promised my daughters one for easter, wondering if anyone could tell me what should i get with it like sd card size, do i get another controller and i see here people on about a battery bank and what games they are 7 and 5. thanks

if your going to buy your daughters all their games digital i'd say you can get a decent 128gb off amazon for a cheap enough price but if your gonna buy her all games on carts no need for an sd for now or not a very large one. samsung and sandisc could be the way to go if you do just keep an eye on the read and write times on the description the higher they are the faster it will load others may be able to give better advice here.

most ( if not all ) 2 player games use 1 joy con each so unless your looking for more than 2 players your grand without buying more for now again.

as for powerbanks it depends on if you'll have them playing it for long periods away from charging, you get 3-6 hours depending on the game, i went with one of the anker powercore range they themselves charge fast with a usb c charger port and also charge pretty well.
    check out this as a good guide:

as for games they may be a little young for zelda but its fantastic, i've seen kids around that age get great enjoyment out of 1, 2 switch, if they hadn't a wii u then lego city undercover is just out/coming out, snipperclips is a great game on the estore, as is snake pass both are good options for their age. mario kart 8 deluxe is out later this month(not in time for easter) but thats a certain for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are there optional downloads to make the load times quicker in LCU I wonder?
    Or perhaps it's something that can be patched.
    It was never a day one purchase for me anyway, so I'll wait.

Maybe that's what the 13GB required internet connection thing is about?

Daughters and Zelda : My eldest is 8. She loves playing BotW right up to the moment she gets in a fight and then it's "Daddy! Help!" which loses it's charm really fast if, say, you're in the shower and thought you had bought yourself 5 minutes of peace. But with Mariokart coming this month, and with the console shipping with everything you need for on-the-go 2 player, that would be the way to go. In my limited experience 2/3 kids love mariokart, and the third only hates it because she wants to win the race without earning it. But I'm working on her - a few laps of Baby Park should build her confidence up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Banjo wrote: »

Daughters and Zelda : My eldest is 8. She loves playing BotW right up to the moment she gets in a fight and then it's "Daddy! Help!" which loses it's charm really fast if, say, you're in the shower and thought you had bought yourself 5 minutes of peace. But with Mariokart coming this month, and with the console shipping with everything you need for on-the-go 2 player, that would be the way to go. In my limited experience 2/3 kids love mariokart, and the third only hates it because she wants to win the race without earning it. But I'm working on her - a few laps of Baby Park should build her confidence up.
    LOL - My eldest is 7 and her sister is 4 and they are the exact same - as soon as any bad guys show up they're yelling for help :)
    I can't play the switch at all in their vacinity; if they see me I'll have no peace, and they hound me until I give it to them

My son is better at games than I am.
    I have to accept it and get over it.
    He's cruising through the Souls games at the moment and I can offer no advice at all.
    Bugger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son is better at games than I am.
    I have to accept it and get over it.
    He's cruising through the Souls games at the moment and I can offer no advice at all.
    Bugger.

Sure that's a good thing. Don't we want our kids to be better than us. I lost my undefeated Connect 4 title to my 8 yr old recently - I was severely distracted at the time. Yep, had to have been something like that for me to lose. :P

Shame about the still crappy load times with Lego City on Switch. It's still the best Lego game out there even with that minor annoyance, certainly not 'crippling'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Agree. The load times from the main menu was the ones I remember and I don't normally enjoy Lego games. Played every bit of it and enjoyed it. The Arnie impressions I remember in the building site were hilarious and the sense of humour throughout was great.

Maybe I'll take a punt on it, we'll see what the fundage is like.
    With feck all time to invest in essentials like BotW, I would wonder how much time I could invest in LCU!

• Advertisement

Sega Countdown Site Teases Bayonetta News Next Week
    Could we be getting Bayonetta 3?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/sega_countdown_site_teases_bayonetta_news_next_week

These are the 15 best-selling Nintendo Switch games

Below, you'll find a list of the 15 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, though keep in mind that this is only digital downloads, which is why Breath of the Wild isn't at the top of the list.
    1. Snipperclips
    2. Snake Pass
    3. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
    4. FAST RMX
    5. Has-Been Heroes
    6. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
    7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    8. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug
    9. Blaster Master Zero
    10. 1-2 Switch
    11. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug 3
    12. Super Bomberman R
    13. I Am Setsuna
    14. ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters '98
    15. World of Goo

http://bgr.com/2017/04/04/nintendo-switch-games-list-best-selling/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

God, I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have mixed feelings about a potential Bayonetta 3. 2 was amazing, sure, but I don't think I want to be playing that out and about where people might see....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/sega_countdown_site_teases_bayonetta_news_next_week

Bayonetta in Smash / Bayonetta Amiibo more likely perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I would doubt it could be Bayonetta 3. Nintendo would surely hold that for E3, presuming it's not coming out anytime soon. It's more than likely something like a remaster for PS4/Xbox, something like that.

• sligeach wrote: »

200.webp#8

Japan's teardown firm Fomalhaut thinks Nintendo Switch costs $257 to manufacture, predicts it'll sell 30 million units by the end of 2018.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/column/15/363874/032700069/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

17798931_685193014997099_4915494257143078352_n.jpg?oh=c1b14fc4a0b9de97a803b927d821f5b5&oe=59900AC5

It was a really very good deal I got, and I got it in the right colour this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

It was a really very good deal I got, and I got it in the right colour this time!

Have they started doing bundles?

Advertisement