Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Taking pictures of folks browsing in a shop? Creepy.

No it wasn't creepy cos reasons like proving sligeach wrong *runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Taking pictures of folks browsing in a shop? Creepy.

No it wasn't creepy cos reasons like proving sligeach wrong *runs*

How much did you pay them to stand within arms length of the Nintendo section? No one stands near or would let themselves be photographed anywhere near the Nintendo section.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This is what's happens when a console is released with too few games. Always ends up with people being arrested for photographing Nintendo displays.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    This is what's happens when a console is released with too few games. Always ends up with people being arrested for photographing Nintendo displays.

Can it be a display if there's no games only ports like sligeach said?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can it be a display if there's no games only ports like sligeach said?

Is it... underwhelming though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Ninty commandos kneeling on the neck of the photographer.
    Black choppers outside to drag him off for reprogramming.
    The guy on the ground shouting "I'm being oppressed, it's nothing but ports!!", while people are taking photos of the Playstation and Xbox shelves with impunity.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is it... underwhelming though?

Depends who you ask innit. I'm sure for certain people, its practically an insult!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Slime-san or The Hidden World, I'm guessing?

I thought it was gonna be a physical release of Isaac on the Switch in the EU.

• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch GAMES LIST: Blizzard reveals why Overwatch may NOT appear on Switch
    NINTENDO Switch owners would love to see Overwatch on the console, but Blizzard isn't sure if the Switch could handle it.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/789519/Nintendo-Switch-GAMES-LIST-Blizzard-Overwatch-min-specs-performance

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch GAMES LIST: Blizzard reveals why Overwatch may NOT appear on Switch
    NINTENDO Switch owners would love to see Overwatch on the console, but Blizzard isn't sure if the Switch could handle it.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/789519/Nintendo-Switch-GAMES-LIST-Blizzard-Overwatch-min-specs-performance

I never expected Overwatch to appear on the Switch.
    That's why I own a PS4 and an XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

How tight is the hold Sony have on persona 5? Is there any chance of it being released on the switch?

That's a game I'd love on it.

Haven't persona games been on Nintendo consoles before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

SK1979 wrote: »
    How tight is the hold Sony have on persona 5? Is there any chance of it being released on the switch?

That's a game I'd love on it.

This was spoken about on Nintendo Voice Chat recently no chance whatsoever.

Haven't persona games been on Nintendo consoles before?

Sure there was one on the 3DS recently, Persona Q, and it was well received.
    Atlus, who make the games, make the Etrian series also for the DS/3DS series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sony gets the Persona branch and Nintendo gets the Shin Megami Tensei branch I think it's how it goes.

I have mario kart on order on amazon for £39, but once you factor in currency exchange and parcel motel fee, I'd be saving about 2 or 3 quid over buying it from Symths or whatever, might as well not bother.

I'm happy enough to just have the Switch with me in the car, nip into Swords on the morning of release and pick it up... Then get nothing done in work all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'm still undecided about getting Mario Kart for the Switch.

Played a huge amount on the Wii U (right up to the launch of the Switch) but the thoughts of having Mario Kart 8 to bring anywhere with me is tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

See, on the one hand I'm thinking "4 Player Mariokart in your pocket! ZOMG!!!11" and buying it Digitally so it's always available on the Switch is very tempting. But think about what that means :
    1. 4 Players need 4 controllers. How often will you be carrying a spare set of joy cons?
    2. Even 2 players will need the slidey-on bits for the individual joy cons. Most slim cases for the switch won't accomodate those.
    3. 4 Players on that tiny screen? I'm not getting any younger you know, and my eyes were ****e when I *was* younger.
    4. Will it even support 4 players undocked?
    5. Hey, remember how you bought this on WiiU and didn't unlock any of the cups higher than 100cc because your missus wouldn't let you play without her for fear that you'd create an unbridgeable skill gap, but it turned out you're just better than her, practice or no, so you were reduced to racing the kids and often having to play an extra 3-6 laps of a course to get them all over the line in order to move on, thereby learning all the courses off really quickly, setting fire to any bridge there might have been over that skill gap? How is a Switch version going to fix *that*?

It's upsetting that the Switch is selling well enough that they won't do a free game promotion like on the WiiU. That was an awesome promotion...

Played Just Dance demo over the weekend. I can Whip and Stanky Leg with the best of them now. Given that that was the only song I recognised on the JD2017 tracklist, I think I've saved myself a purchase there. JoyCon tracking doesn't seem any more advanced than WiiMote tracking was, pretty sure if I busted those moves down in Club 92 I'd get far less calls of "Perfect!" than I do in the game.... Is Club 92 still a thing? Was it ever real? I've never been able to find it when Sober, it's like some sort of magical Tír-na-nÓgesque oasis that only appears to the inebriated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »
    Played Just Dance demo over the weekend.

Played that with the OH myself as well and thought, "hey, that was kinda fun, if there is a good enough playlist I'd pick it up for parties and playing with the nieces and such". Check out the playlist, what the fuck happened to music. Not getting that bullshit.

New Joycons and Snipperclips arrived on Friday so played that instead. We nearly tore each other hair out over the Mockingbird egg puzzles. Nice game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I take it Just Dance has just become "Now That's What I Call Music" in videogame form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

UK sales chart - Individual formats

You can, and people on Reddit are, arguing that Switch software sales are skewed right now because of the relatively small library.

Still, WB will surely be pretty happy with Switch sales of Lego City. Arriving in at 14th in the chart and comfortably above PS4 (26th) and Xbox One (32nd) sales of the same title. Lego-lovers did have a competing title on PS4 and Xbox, I suppose.

I bought it. Again.

I think Sligeach has promised purchasers a slap of a hurley, but I do not fear Sligo people carrying hurleys,

druss wrote: »
    I think Sligeach has promised purchasers a slap of a hurley, but I do not fear Sligo people carrying hurleys,

No one does druss, no one does....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is it likely that we'll have to wait for E3 for an announcement re the virtual console?

Is it likely that we'll have to wait for E3 for an announcement re the virtual console?

If I was to hazard a guess (just a guess) they'll launch the paid online sub with the VC, so around E3 - August time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

If even then! I was hoping for a Direct to give us some additional information.
    Switch seems to be selling well and the initial launch games eem to be getting decent attach rates. Maybe there is a nervousness to detracting from that by giving us VC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Advertisement