Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm tempted by Civ VI on the Russian store. Someone talk me out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well if you were tempted by the €4-5 euro price tag, that's just the DLC pack, the real thing is about €33 quid. Other than that, playing Civ with it's compelling "one more turn" gameplay loop on the bog will eventually cause your innards to spill out of your super-relaxed arse, which if you're lucky will kill you but more than likely will just lead to a REAAAAALLLY awkward phone call and wheel-barrow ride to the ambulance in front of all your neighbours on Christmas day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Well if you were tempted by the €4-5 euro price tag, that's just the DLC pack, the real thing is about €33 quid. Other than that, playing Civ with it's compelling "one more turn" gameplay loop on the bog will eventually cause your innards to spill out of your super-relaxed arse, which if you're lucky will kill you but more than likely will just lead to a REAAAAALLLY awkward phone call and wheel-barrow ride to the ambulance in front of all your neighbours on Christmas day.

Ah, reminds me of that old Christmas classic
    "All I need for Christmas is a rectum that's no longer prolapsed"
    Protip: a warm salty bath and ease it back in without nicking it with your nails, or there will be blood...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last two posts sound like they are written from experience. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm tempted by Civ VI on the Russian store. Someone talk me out of it.

Ghandi's a bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    The last two posts sound like they are written from experience. :o

It was, though as a professional rather than as a household necessity...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,054 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just after getting a Satisfye Switch grip. Initial impressions are great. It definitely helps the Switch sit a little more comfortably in hand. I'll report back later after a bit more time with it but for me it's an excellent addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The R button on my right joycon stopped working a couple days ago. From searching online most people having this issue say it's sticky/spongy but mine feels the exact same to press as the L button which is working. Anybody know a fix or will I have to send it in for repair? I bought it on black friday last year so not sure whether they would charge me for repair or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Hey. Need a switch pro controller. Anyone know any deals for a new one? They’re €74.99 in Argos and a bit more on Amazon. So pricey, but really want one because my hands get sore with joycons playing Splatoon 2 for an hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

JustShay wrote: »
    Hey. Need a switch pro controller. Anyone know any deals for a new one? They’re €74.99 in Argos and a bit more on Amazon. So pricey, but really want one because my hands get sore with joycons playing Splatoon 2 for an hour or more.

Try CEX, the 2nd hand ones are about €65.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=045496430528&categoryName=switch-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=nintendo-switch-pro-controller-%2B-usb-c-cable-black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hey folks, got a switch for Xmas but only have Pokemon and super Mario kart for it. Any games out there that you would recommend to buy? Never played any Zelda games but by looking at this forum it’s a must? Any advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hey folks, got a switch for Xmas but only have Pokemon and super Mario kart for it. Any games out there that you would recommend to buy? Never played any Zelda games but by looking at this forum it’s a must? Any advice would be appreciated

Ya Zelda is a must. After that it depends what you're looking for. Most of the first party stuff is fantastic. And there's a tonne of indy games out there that people will recommend. Hollow Knight, Steam world Dig 2, Celeste. Just depends on what genres you're in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Ya Zelda is a must. After that it depends what you're looking for. Most of the first party stuff is fantastic. And there's a tonne of indy games out there that people will recommend. Hollow Knight, Steam world Dig 2, Celeste. Just depends on what genres you're in to.

Great stuff, thanks for your reply! I’d be into games that have a good (preferably long) story to them. Like action and horror games but don’t know if I’ll find much of them on a Nintendo system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Great stuff, thanks for your reply! I’d be into games that have a good (preferably long) story to them. Like action and horror games but don’t know if I’ll find much of them on a Nintendo system?

Super mario odyssey is brilliant. If your not familiar with Mario games don't discredit them without playing them.

Bayonetta 1&2 could fill your story driven needs for a while and is a great game.

Did you ever play outlast? That's a good horror game if you've never played it and there's also resident evil relevations 1&2 which are older rereleases which fall between the events of the main resi titles but are also pretty good.

Both of the Resident Evil games are available and on sale right now, will worth a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'd be into games that have a good (preferably long) story to them.

Forget zelda, get xenoblade chronicles 2 & torna dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hollow Knight and Celeste are long with good stories

Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun! Got my rank today jumped from -C to -B after just a few ranked games. I must be a beast. But anyway, it’s a really great game! Try out the story because it shows you all the weapons, then jump into some online turf wars. So much fun. And Zelda is really good, still haven’t completed it though. Too many games not enough time!

Update: Switch Pro Controller is cheaper on Amazon today: €69 shipped to Ireland ☺️

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4ND1T2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VdljCbQNNMVMV

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun! Got my rank today jumped from -C to -B after just a few ranked games. I must be a beast. But anyway, it’s a really great game! Try out the story because it shows you all the weapons, then jump into some online turf wars. So much fun. And Zelda is really good, still haven’t completed it though. Too many games not enough time!

You need the online subscription for Splatoon 2 yes? The multiplayer side of it anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You need the online subscription for Splatoon 2 yes? The multiplayer side of it anyway?

Yep. Single player is actually decent in it but the most fun is to be had in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Either that or you just ruined Christmas for a team of 4 year olds :p. :D. :D

hnKClCo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Got a switch for xmas one thing that was a bit of shock was the pricing of the online store. Games that are a decade old going for crazy money and/or games that I have bought on steam for a few euro/xbox live games for gold.

Apart from that its a nice little system. Ploughing through Hands of Fate 2 (loved the first one).

Yep same here got mine Christmas day as well the pricing in store is ridiculous. But apart from that it's a great system love Super Smash also Diablo 3. But my biggest surprise is Starlink with Fox McCloud fantastic game and even better when I picked it up at Gamestop for 12 euro 50 cents on special one day deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Longing wrote: »
    Yep same here got mine Christmas day as well the pricing in store is ridiculous. But apart from that it's a great system love Super Smash also Diablo 3. But my biggest surprise is Starlink with Fox McCloud fantastic game and even better when I picked it up at Gamestop for 12 euro 50 cents on special one day deal.

Starlink has been my deal of the year tbh. For €12.50 its been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi guys. Just setup my new switch out if the box today. Having issues when it's docked and the picture on my tv is flashing. Anyone have this issue. Have tried changing settings on console and tv but no joy. It's a Samsung tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Inviere

Hi guys. Just setup my new switch out if the box today. Having issues when it's docked and the picture on my tv is flashing. Anyone have this issue. Have tried changing settings on console and tv but no joy. It's a Samsung tv.

You’re not using an HDMI switcher are you?
    Try a different HDMI cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Try different hdmi cable. Make sure it's pushed in fully on both ends. Check the TV is not using some strange mode / refresh rate for this connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Go into the switch TV Output settings and turn it to either 1080p or 720p or one of the other settings that isn't auto.

Put it back in the dock and select that tv output again.

It might help. Worked for a guy here on a Sony tv Last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks all think I'm sorted. Had tv plugged into extension lead. Plugged into mains and hasn't happened since thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I think the problem with the WiFi I similar to the problem I had. My router is a crappy Virgin Media one and only broadcasts on 2.4GHz/5 GHz at one time, the Switch only connects on 2.4GHz I think. Go back to your WiFi router settings and change the frequency.

Advertisement