Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mr E wrote: »
    Headup Games are publishing Isaac in Q2 this year (so, by the end of June).

€39.99 when released.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/headup_games_is_bringing_the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirthplus_to_europe_as_a_switch_retail_release

The girlfriend imported mine in from VGP and it cost i think about 45 euros or so.

If you dont wont to wait around just order it from there and in 2 weeks you will have another fantastic game for your switch. To tell the truth I am enjoying this more then Zelda .......

But I went back and played my vita for a bit at the weekend my god how small the thing is compare to the Switch. I used to think the Vita was huge when i 1st got it back in 2012 as its screen was bigger then 99% of phone screens back then. Now the vita is basically the same size of my one plus three 5 years later and i got jeses how did i think this was big ha.

But games that would be fantasic on the switch with the touch screen and controls would be wait for it Hotline Minni 1 and 2 the console is made for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's a mental price considering it's £8 on other platforms. There's a lot of companies showing greed on the Switch. Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros. and Nintendo themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A guy from Thailand made a custom Char Aznable switch :D

imjhitoaafbwplzxcirc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

http://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/851434804105142272

Direct on Wednesday 11pm.

US twitter says it's focused mainly on Arms and Splatoon

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To tell the truth I am enjoying this more then Zelda .......

I'll be shot for saying it, but I'm playing Isaac more than Zelda too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Excellent. While there's a bit I want coming out in the next couple of months, I could do with more firm release dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/851434804105142272

Direct on Wednesday 11pm.

US twitter says it's focused mainly on Arms and Splatoon

What is a Direct? A press release from Nintendo?

I just saw Puyo Puyo Tetris (!?!?!?) and Mr. Shifter were added to the Coming Soon section. 39.99 and 14.99 respectively.

fixxxer wrote: »
    What is a Direct? A press release from Nintendo?

Essentially. It's like a series of game announcements, but in video format!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    That's a mental price considering it's £8 on other platforms. There's a lot of companies showing greed on the Switch. Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros. and Nintendo themselves.

Show me where to get The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ for £8, please.

The Afterbirth+ DLC is €9.99 on its own, but you need Rebirth (€14.99) and Afterbirth (€10.99) to play it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

All of this rebirth and afterbirth; puts me off my soup.

So are the characters from Arms robots are we into Starfox amputation territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nintendo direct April 12th! 11pm!

Nintendo finally explains why it's charging for the Nintendo Switch's online service

http://bgr.com/2017/04/10/nintendo-switch-games-online-service-charge-explained/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nintendo finally explains why it's charging for the Nintendo Switch's online service

http://bgr.com/2017/04/10/nintendo-switch-games-online-service-charge-explained/

Nothing really new there though.

Nintendo charge because they want to provide a better service.
    Users understand but a disappointed as they provided a free service up to now.

That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭geotrig

so basically exactly what they said before .... :pac:

I'm more annoyed about Sony charging for online really. Mainly cos its still free on PS3/PS Vita but paid on PS4.

Overwatch to Switch is off - what else could Blizzard bring to Nintendo?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Switch/Nintendo+Switch/feature.asp?c=73616

I think Hearthstone makes the most sense and has the best chance of seeing a Switch release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hearthstone is surely a trickier option than it initially appears, given the problem it presents :
    1. It's handheld only, and there's only one other game that has dared go that route that I'm aware of. And (almost) no one talks about it :D
    2. Isn't this free for Mobile/Tablet with IAPs? The current Nintendo payment structure doesn't really support this well, but the alternative is to sell at a premium all-in price.
    3. Depending on how they answer #2, where does that leave you with inter-platform connectivity? Aren't you putting one or other market at a disadvantage? And if you don't have interplatform connectivity aren't you drastically limiting your appeal?

If they gave it away for free with IAPs, every Switch owner would pick it up which would be a nice start. Better yet - release Hearthstone and Diablo III digitally, where DIII costs say €20 and Hearthstone is only available through My Nintendo Rewards for exactly the number of gold coins you get for buying DIII. Sold!

Well-known industry insider @Stealth___ has been Tweeting about the upcoming Nintendo Direct. Here's what he's been saying:

"Global direct = at least one new game announcement." 

"Splatoon 2 and ARMs should get release dates. Surprise game is probably Switch.

"We were due for a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct.

"Mario, Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors. Expect none of that on Wednesday.

"Do not be fooled. Nintendo says they are focusing on Arms and Splatoon 2, but global directs ALWAYS have a new game announcement. Always.

"I have been thinking about this, and I think my guess for the surprise Nintendo Direct announcement is a Monster Hunter XX localization."

https://mobile.twitter.com/stealth___

Just some rumours to cause a tumour. And where's Pikmin 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »

Wiiu and 3ds had pay2win free to start games.

"Do not be fooled. Nintendo says they are focusing on Arms and Splatoon 2, but global directs ALWAYS have a new game announcement. Always.

You can't say that anymore. Nintendo will be all global all the time now that the switch is region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Wiiu and 3ds had pay2win free to start games.

True, but how did they fair? (not a loaded question, I have no idea. This is all just supposition). I wouldn't have thought the eShop funding structure - ie fixed rate top-ups - works terribly well with micro-transactions. As a parent, great - I can control my tyke's spending but as a micro-transactor I'm painfully aware of how quickly those micros add up to a macro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »
    True, but how did they fair? (not a loaded question, I have no idea. This is all just supposition). I wouldn't have thought the eShop funding structure - ie fixed rate top-ups - works terribly well with micro-transactions. As a parent, great - I can control my tyke's spending but as a micro-transactor I'm painfully aware of how quickly those micros add up to a macro.

They failed. Just like 9 out of 10 free to play games on consoles. They only really work on phones. Some on pc.

You can top up with a credit card to any amount (under the limit). And the games developers can set up item x for 1.99 etc.

F2P can work, but the game has to be good to play regardless of whether you spend any money on it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

F2P can work, but the game has to be good to play regardless of whether you spend any money on it or not.

Hearthstone is a monster on PC. Surprised so few are familiar with it here.

• Mr Shifty is out tomorrow according to switch news tab. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My switch just arrived :)

Got the joycon/snipperclips bundle and heading over to get BOTW at lunch, verrrr excite.

What's the verdict on the Hori screen protector? Seems pricey compared to tempered glass options on Amazon but I kind of want something on ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Word of advice for anyone thinking of downloading the Just Dance demo - don't!

Possibly the most annoying song I've ever heard and the "gameplay" is absolute rubbish!

(I do know I'm very much not the target audience for it) :eek:

• Advertisement

Just read a review for the Sexy Brutale game this morning. Sounds like an interesting game which could be a cool game to have on the switch.

So you think we can expect any non indie announcements on this Direct?

Advertisement