Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nix wrote: »
    Heh i hear ya, the prices for the lite might end up lower, could just be guesstimations on the sites. But unless you just wanna play handheld with everything, the lite is a bad idea..

I was thinking the lite might be a better deal on that front with increased battery life, but its pretty much the same..

I can't see myself using a switch for anything but handheld so that's the main reason the lite appeals to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any suggestions for a long cable for the pro controller? So I can still play from my sofa while it's charging? I could plug it into a wall beside me through usb adaptor but dunno what damage that would do to the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a long cable for the pro controller? So I can still play from my sofa while it's charging? I could plug it into a wall beside me through usb adaptor but dunno what damage that would do to the battery

The battery usually lasts well over 30 hours so you should be grand charging between sessions really.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New joycon colours coming out in October. They look good!

There is also a new Switch revision coming (maybe August?) with 4.5 to 9 hours battery (instead of 2.5 to 6.5 hours).
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/17/nintendo-switch-upgraded-battery-life/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1151461807132938240

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Blue and red, purple and orange. A rose by any other name still drifts like a bastard.
    I mean I like the new looks, but if you Google #1 Joy Con Issue the first result isn't "colour scheme" so I hope this is more than just a lick of paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, just so happened to see an article on Kotaku earlier, talking about it (Joy Con drift).

In other news, there's a new Switch with improved battery life on the way also (AnandTech).

So I collected my Switch this morning from PM. Everything is grand except for the £30 voucher - I'm being told I can't redeem it in my country. Is there any way to bypass this, like creating a second account (UK one) on the console or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

like creating a second account (UK one) on the console or something?

This exactly

Make a new account on nintendo.com with UK as the region and you can redeem and spend the £ voucher, sign the new account in on your switch

maximoose wrote: »
    This exactly

Make a new account on nintendo.com with UK as the region and you can redeem and spend the £ voucher, sign the new account in on your switch

Brilliant, thanks!

maximoose wrote: »
    This exactly

Worked a treat, thanks again. Now just to decide what to buy... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Makes me wonder for Pokemon Sword and Shield if they're being marketed for the Switch lite will the open world gameplay graphics etc be as impressive as BOTW Xenoblade or Skyrim or will it just be a suped up ultra sun/moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ultra SuMo ran terribly on a regular 3ds so there's hope they won't compromise SwoSh for the Lite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Banjo wrote: »
    Ultra SuMo ran terribly on a regular 3ds so there's hope they won't compromise SwoSh for the Lite

Can confirm. Have 100+ hours of Ultra Sun on regular 3ds. Every time I think it's gonna be the time that the game explodes the system.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Switch with 35 e-shop credit and Octopath Traveller for 329.99 sound like a good deal from Gamestop?

(Missed out on the prime day deals)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Switch with 35 e-shop credit and Octopath Traveller for 329.99 sound like a good deal from Gamestop?

(Missed out on the prime day deals)

A new switch is coming out in September. Better battery life...

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-releasing-new-switch-model-with-a-better-batte-1836444569

brevity wrote: »
    A new switch is coming out in September. Better battery life...

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-releasing-new-switch-model-with-a-better-batte-1836444569

Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fcon

Mickeroo wrote:
    Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway

Did you get any in-store credit as part of the deal or anything? Just wondering what bricks and mortar has the best deal at the moment

fcon wrote: »
    Did you get any in-store credit as part of the deal or anything? Just wondering what bricks and mortar has the best deal at the moment

The console includes 35 euro nintendo store credit same as the ones that were on amazon for prime day. I ordered it online rather than in the shop, it wouldn't let me click and collect even thoguh both console and game were in stock so I thought maybe the free game is an online only offer. Might be worth ringing your local to see.

There's a good few games eligible for the offer but octopath traveller looked like the best of the bunch. Seems to be the best deal around at the moment when you factor in the 35 euro credit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

Yeah read a bout that last week alright, not too pushed about the extra battery life tbh. I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

Good for you. Enjoy! I hope to be picking one up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I ordered the one from Gamestop anyway :o

Wooo congrats! :D

One of us! One of us! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wooo congrats! :D

One of us! One of us! :pac:

Got delivered to work today, going to be a long day waiting to get home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You have lunchtime...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your looking a bit unwell there Mick. Better be safe and head home ;)

Any recommendations for extra controller(s) lads? I'm thinking of getting a Pro controller for my main driver, but they're too expensive to be getting a few of them. Any decent third-party pads worth going for, for the likes of Mario Kart, Smash Bros et al, or should I just stick to Joy Cons? What's your collection like, and what games are they best suited to?

Any recommendations for extra controller(s) lads? I'm thinking of getting a Pro controller for my main driver, but they're too expensive to be getting a few of them. Any decent third-party pads worth going for, for the likes of Mario Kart, Smash Bros et al, or should I just stick to Joy Cons? What's your collection like, and what games are they best suited to?

If you dont mind wired ones, check out these..

They appear to be the pro controllers, just wired, havent actually used them myself but if i needed extras id defo go for them.. Anything wireless is gonna be costly.. Unless you go unofficial, which i dont like doing and no clue what to recommend in that department.. :pac:

Supposedly you can use Ps4/Xbox One controllers if you get a dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Do you dock much?

I got the pro controller on the day I got the switch, hooked it all up that evening, and that was the last time I used the dock or the controller.

8-bitdo are after releasing a controller that looks good.

If you dont mind wired ones, check out these..

They appear to be the pro controllers, just wired, havent actually used them myself but if i needed extras id defo go for them.. Anything wireless is gonna be costly.. Unless you go unofficial, which i dont like doing and no clue what to recommend in that department.. :pac:

Yeah, have no problem using wired as my TV isn't foo far back from the sofa
    Supposedly you can use Ps4/Xbox One controllers if you get a dongle?

Actually, I think there's a dongle for GameCube controllers as well, of which I still have a few!

jester77 wrote: »
    Do you dock much?

I got the pro controller on the day I got the switch, hooked it all up that evening, and that was the last time I used the dock or the controller.

8-bitdo are after releasing a controller that looks good.

For some games, I mostly dock, and for others I go handheld. That 8BitDo looks good though.

• Advertisement

Actually, I think there's a dongle for GameCube controllers as well, of which I still have a few!

Yeah thats why i didnt get any of the wired controllers i recommended, i have 2 classic gamecube controllers, so just got the adaptor..

They are fine but they dont have as many buttons as the switch controllers so may not work well for all games.. They dont have the home, +, - and whatever the other button is and the analogue doesnt have the button press (L3)..

This is the adaptor i picked up that works perfectly, the official Nintendo is pricey, like 4 times the price pricey :eek:

Advertisement