Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you think Nintendo will release a Xenoblade 2 complete edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Probably rerelease the main game with the expansion as a dlc code for a very high price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What power banks are people using and where did ye get them?

Need one for an upcoming flight, but obviously Amazon doesn't ship them directly here and I'm not sure if an AddressPal would get here on time. I've no idea where to get a decent one that isn't over 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up a switch lite with games this past week enjoying using it so far playing pokemon shield barely missing the rumble feature battery is t too bad neither I used my regular switch solely in handheld mode and the lite really isn't as much of a step down as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Wing126 wrote: »

Need one for an upcoming flight, but obviously Amazon doesn't ship them directly here and I'm not sure if an AddressPal would get here on time. I've no idea where to get a decent one that isn't over 40 euro.
    Just noticed the over €40. This is over €40.
    https://www.komplett.ie/anker-powercore-speed-20100-mah/20918155/product
    Although a fair bit cheaper at the minute on amazon with PM/PW/AP/PC

Currys, Harvey Norman, DID, Power City all sell power banks, but they aren't ones that would be highly recommended that I've seen. That's not to say they're not any good.

Edited
    Argos have some too - https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=power+bank&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D
    Memoryc.com might have some too.
    Mymemory.ie is very slow postage so no point in getting those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wing126 wrote: »

I bought one in CEX - It was a Mophie Powerstation XXL, I believe, for around 25. Have it close to a year now, and has done the job beautifully, with around 6 long haul trips in that year charging phone, iPad, and Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Suckit wrote: »
    Just noticed the over €40. This is over €40.
    https://www.komplett.ie/anker-powercore-speed-20100-mah/20918155/product
    Although a fair bit cheaper at the minute on amazon with PM/PW/AP/PC

Currys, Harvey Norman, DID, Power City all sell power banks, but they aren't ones that would be highly recommended that I've seen. That's not to say they're not any good.

Edited
    Argos have some too - https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=power+bank&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D
    Memoryc.com might have some too.
    Mymemory.ie is very slow postage so no point in getting those.

That Anker one is what I would buy if I had the money for it haha

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look through Argos and see if i can find a good one.

chrislad wrote: »
    I bought one in CEX - It was a Mophie Powerstation XXL, I believe, for around 25. Have it close to a year now, and has done the job beautifully, with around 6 long haul trips in that year charging phone, iPad, and Switch.

Awesome, I'll check that out! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Have a One for All voucher to spend this month and decided I’ll go with a new Switch game to play over Christmas. Trying to decide between these few if anyone has an helpful advice to help me make the decision.

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Mario and Sonic Olympic Games
    Super Mario Maker

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

laneykin wrote: »
    Have a One for All voucher to spend this month and decided I’ll go with a new Switch game to play over Christmas. Trying to decide between these few if anyone has an helpful advice to help me make the decision.

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Super Mario Maker

Luigi's Mansion is very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Super Mario Maker

To the best of my knowledge, Smyths don't take One4All vouchers so it's Argos or Gamestop for any purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Super Mario Maker

mario maker definitinty

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Super Mario Maker

In terms of replayability Super Mario Maker is immense. Endless content.

And ironically you don't even have to enjoy making to enjoy the game.

In saying that Luigi's mansion 3 will be my next purchase so that could be good too

Luigis Mansion
    Professor Layton
    Super Mario Maker

Luigi's Mansion, then trade in to get SMM.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Rhyme wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, Smyths don't take One4All vouchers so it's Argos or Gamestop for any purchases.
    Argos will be cheaper than GameStop almost everytime. Mario maker is my shout aswell. I'm playing Luigi's mansion and it's great but probably not for everyone so a safer bet will be Mario maker.

Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One Worldwide - Sales

Switch has sold 45.92 million units; Xbox One has sold 45.24 million units.

sugarman wrote: »
    So my right joycon has just stopped working. Wont connect / sync. Not even getting any lights when I try to manually sync it with the little button.

Any ideas? Tried everything I've seen online to no avail.

Odd one.

I hate to point out the obvious, but are you sure it's not just a dead battery? Could be it's not charging because the connection is a little dirty or something? Try gently cleaning the JoyCon and matching rail on the Switch; cotton buds, or a soft bristle toothbrush would work well.

I can't think of anything else other than that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it possible to game share digital libraries on the switch?

My brother might be buying one for himself so it would b cool to be able to share games like you can on xbox/playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ok so I finally did it. Got me a Switch.

I skipped out on the Wii U cause it didn't seem like enough of a change but I have been eyeing up Breath of the Wild for so long now.

Anyway... I got it with MK 8 which is great. Picked up Bayonetta 2 and Astral chain off adverts for 50 for the both. I'm going to pick Zelda up tomorrow.

What else do we recommend? Also is that pro controller worth it? I have a feeling I'd prefer playing Zelda with a controller than the joycons/handheld mode.

Cheapest I can see Zelda is 55 and the controller 60.

Are there any other recommendations people have? Probably need to get a screen protector too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

The 8bitdo sn30 pro is a good alternative to the pro controller. Im a fan of the pro controller but the d pad isn't amazing. Battery life is fantastic though and it feels great.
    There's an estore sale coming up soon so you're bound to get some good deals on games. I would recommend Steam World Dig 2 and Inside for indy games. Botw wil keep you occupied for a long time so that and Mario kart is a good combo. That's how I started my Switch journey.

The 8bitdo sn30 pro is a good alternative to the pro controller. Im a fan of the pro controller but the d pad isn't amazing. Battery life is fantastic though and it feels great.
    There's an estore sale coming up soon so you're bound to get some good deals on games. I would recommend Steam World Dig 2 and Inside for indy games. Botw wil keep you occupied for a long time so that and Mario kart is a good combo. That's how I started my Switch journey.

Looked that up. Cheers but I don't like the analog stick in that position. It's what I hate about the PS. Been an xbox/Nintendo man for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Looked that up. Cheers but I don't like the analog stick in that position. It's what I hate about the PS. Been an xbox/Nintendo man for years.

Zelda on a big telly is great and the Joy-Cons in the grip was grand for me. I'm eyeing up a Nintendo branded wired controller for sit-down play in the future, a lot cheaper than a pro controller.

Zelda will do you until Christmas or after, so much to see and do.

If I'm on the hunt for a game I tend to look at all games getting between 80 and 100 on Metacritic and look from there. Steamworld Dig 2/Heist, Super Mario Odyssey, Into the Breach, Okami etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Totally agree about the analogue sticks. But it's a good cheap alternative. I also agree that the joy cons in the holder is actually very comfortable to use too.

Could get the Pokemon Wireless Officially Licensed GameCube Style Controller/Super Smash Bros. Umbreon for £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PP74ZQV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DUl-Db3NYN4H9

I have about 5 gamecube pads knocking about but you cant do the analog stick clicks etc.

I got a voucher from work today so I just went all out and got Zelda and the Pro controller.

Next up, Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey and possible Fire Emblem. :D

I have about 5 gamecube pads knocking about but you cant do the analog stick clicks etc.

I got a voucher from work today so I just went all out and got Zelda and the Pro controller.

Next up, Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey and possible Fire Emblem. :D

I'm 99% sure you can click the sticks on the one I linked. It's a Switch pad modeled to look like an GameCube one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It even has the extra left bumper switch the original Gamecube controller did not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I haven’t been keeping track of the Switch at all. Is there any talk of a longer battery life version coming out?

I’m in no rush and the longer the battery life the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

I haven’t been keeping track of the Switch at all. Is there any talk of a longer battery life version coming out?

I’m in no rush and the longer the battery life the better.

The longer battery life switch has been out for a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

brevity wrote: »
    The longer battery life switch has been out for a couple of months

How long does it work for proper games like Zelda or Doom. Not indies or low power consuming games

• Advertisement

How long does it work for proper games like Zelda or Doom. Not indies or low power consuming games

About 5-5.5 hours playing Zelda. Pretty impressive really, my DualShock 4 used to last about 6 hours between charges so for a console actually running and playing a game it's fantastic.

Advertisement