Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So has anyone won anything on the Festive Calendar? Wonder if they notify the day after or later.
    I don't expect to win anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So has anyone won anything on the Festive Calendar? Wonder if they notify the day after or later.
    I don't expect to win anyway

Think it says that they will contact you 7 days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Think it says that they will contact you 7 days after.
    Yeah within 7 days according to the Ts&Cs, except entries from the 20th on will be notified by January 10th.

I don't expect to win anything either, but I'm still doing this and two other advent things.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got an email that the gold points on my SA account were expiring 31st of this month ? Do they have a short life ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Got an email that the gold points on my SA account were expiring 31st of this month ? Do they have a short life ?
    12 months (on the last day of the month you earned them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This is the Smitch thread, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

^^^
    It's $165!!!

I thought at most it would be around €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Smitches get stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hi all, I recently set up a US account and got Into the Breach. I have $12.50 in my account. Has anyone got any recommendations please. The only games I have are Into the Breach and Zelda. Thanks

Could anyone recommend a good party/quiz game for Christmas. Multiple players but only the switch controllers that came with it.

Edit - Party Trivia is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Suckit wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good party/quiz game for Christmas. Multiple players but only the switch controllers that came with it.

Edit - Party Trivia is terrible.

What about Drawful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If everyone has a smartphone/device, the Jackbox games are normally a lot of fun

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What about Drawful?
    If everyone has a smartphone/device, the Jackbox games are normally a lot of fun

Thanks will definitely be trying both of them :)

Looks like USA for Jackbox 1, 2, 3 or 6 :)

And Canada or USA for Drawful

Thanks guys. Happy Chistmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Trying to get into the Witcher 3 but I'm just not liking it at all first time playing it properly and it looks impressive but just too many directions and things to do, it's getting sold or traded in tomorrow Dragon quest XI is next to try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Trying to get into the Witcher 3 but I'm just not liking it at all first time playing it properly and it looks impressive but just too many directions and things to do, it's getting sold or traded in tomorrow Dragon quest XI is next to try

😳

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just follow the main quest markers and ignore the side quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah just follow main quest way points, investigate other **** on the way...or dont its up to you. The game is littered with stuff on the map to check out that will sometimes be interesting and sometimes be a waste of time. Play at your own pace, then check out the stuff you missed at the end if yer arsed..

It would be a massive mistake to give up on it so early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

It looks like a have a dead pixel on my switch. I only have used it a few times since I got it at Christmas. Ordered it through Amazon France.

What are my options here. It’s obviously quite disappointing but should I just get on with it? Anyone else have this problem?

brevity wrote: »
    It looks like a have a dead pixel on my switch. I only have used it a few times since I got it at Christmas. Ordered it through Amazon France.

What are my options here. It’s obviously quite disappointing but should I just get on with it? Anyone else have this problem?
    If it was me (any tablet) I would send it back. Dead pixels rarely spread, but I wouldn't want one on something like the switch anyway.

I would contact them first in chat and (if you don't speak or type French) ask for English support.
    Usually (not sure about Christmas period), they will have somebody phone you immediately. If you would like a replacement or a refund they will guide you through the process. It's free and hassle free. The same as sending it back to UK.

You may find more info here:
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202031950

It's also worth knowing, that after you have started the return, you have up to 30 days to return it. So you can return it at a more convenient time that suits you, and use it until then.

Edited: (Similar rights in Ireland, but I think you can still return it within timeframe faulty or not.)
    https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/nintendo/140494-got-the-nintendo-switch-dead-pixel-issue-here-are-your-consumer-rights
    Nintendo Switch problems: Your UK consumer rights

Unfortunately, if you bought the Switch in a UK high street store, you might face problems returning it. UK shops do not legally have to give you a replacement or refund unless a product is faulty, and as Nintendo does not deem the issue to be a defect, many shops are likely to take the same stand. Some might though, so it's worth asking.

If you bought your Nintendo Switch online you actually have a better chance. According to Which?, the Consumer Contracts Regulations have further protection for purchases made online, giving you up to 14 days to return the product for a full refund.

It essentially protects online purchases because sellers need to provide a full description of the goods, and if the description did not include the possibility of dead pixels on the screen, you have a decent chance of getting a refund.

Nintendo Switch problems: Will Nintendo change its mind?
    This has happened with a Nintendo product before. There were reported cases of Nintendo DS consoles having dead pixels from the box and the company took a similar stance on replacements. However, it eventually changed its mind and stance on dead pixels and replaced newly classified defective devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So folks, santa brought my daughter a Switch Lite and I'm going to get the online family membership for me and herself. What do I need to do by way of setting it up? Her account is linked to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

Suckit wrote: »
    If it was me (any tablet) I would send it back. Dead pixels rarely spread, but I wouldn't want one on something like the switch anyway.

I would contact them first in chat and (if you don't speak or type French) ask for English support.
    Usually (not sure about Christmas period), they will have somebody phone you immediately. If you would like a replacement or a refund they will guide you through the process. It's free and hassle free. The same as sending it back to UK.

It's also worth knowing, that after you have started the return, you have up to 30 days to return it. So you can return it at a more convenient time that suits you, and use it until then.

Thank you. This is really helpful.

The dead pixel is quite noticeable so I think I probably will send it back, it’s such a chore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I may jave asked this before but something, I know not what, has me in the mood for some Star Wars gaming.

Anything I might get my hands on for the old Switcherooney?

(Not Lego, though. Hated that.)

Thanks dudes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jedi Outcast is on the eshop

I got an xbox dirt cheap for christmas as i have the ultimate game pass (was using it on PC) and one of the games i was going to download was "Ashen" but it appears the license just expired before christmas and was removed from the game pass :(

So then i see it on the eshop with a 20% discount, so i decided to use all my gold coins on it, as mentioned earlier in this thread, some were going to expire, so i got Ashen for €14 :)

Still mighty annoyed that the coins expire and Nintendo make no actual effort to notify you of this until they're about to expire, it was the only reason i bought new copies of games on the Switch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Treppen

So got Sonic Team Racing... and apparently I can play split screen 2 player local.

So detached the 2 standard issue joypads and went into settings. Pressed the L&R things at the same time but it stays as 1 joypad.

Searched on the net but no joy as to what Im doing wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote: »
    I got an xbox dirt cheap for christmas as i have the ultimate game pass (was using it on PC) and one of the games i was going to download was "Ashen" but it appears the license just expired before christmas and was removed from the game pass :(

So then i see it on the eshop with a 20% discount, so i decided to use all my gold coins on it, as mentioned earlier in this thread, some were going to expire, so i got Ashen for €14 :)

Still mighty annoyed that the coins expire and Nintendo make no actual effort to notify you of this until they're about to expire, it was the only reason i bought new copies of games on the Switch :(

Let us know what you think of it. Tried it on GP but just couldn't get into it despite my live of all things Soulslike.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Treppen wrote: »
    So got Sonic Team Racing... and apparently I can play split screen 2 player local.

So detached the 2 standard issue joypads and went into settings. Pressed the L&R things at the same time but it stays as 1 joypad.

Searched on the net but no joy as to what Im doing wrong!!

It's not obvious, but you need to press the SL & SR buttons on each joycon to switch it into single joycon mode. There are instructions here that should help you get sorted.

sweetie wrote: »
    Let us know what you think of it. Tried it on GP but just couldn't get into it despite my live of all things Soulslike.

Will do, although may be awhile, im currently drowning in games to play, like never in my life have i ever been this spoiled for choice with games to play. :D:(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking of getting Mario tennis aces. Anyone recommend it??

Advertisement