Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

Thinking of getting Mario tennis aces. Anyone recommend it??

I've never traded a game as fast in my life.

Just found the game boring, I could never quite put my finger on why.

They occasionally put the game free for a weekend, so of you're not in a huge rush to get it, maybe wait a few months, see if they do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone play Blacksad on switch yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just a question about upgrading the memory card size. I got a 400GB card to replace my 128GB card that I’m currently using because it is now full. Is it just a case of taking out the old one and inserting the new 400GB card to use from now on? I’d just need to redownload all my games again, so I can use it from now on and to allow room for the rest of my eshop-purchased games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just a question about upgrading the memory card size. I got a 400GB card to replace my 128GB card that I’m currently using because it is now full. Is it just a case of taking out the old one and inserting the new 400GB card to use from now on? I’d just need to redownload all my games again, so I can use it from now on and to allow room for the rest of my eshop-purchased games.

You can put the sd card into a pc and copy from the 128 to the 400 to save on the download if you aren’t swapping switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

chrislad wrote: »
    You can put the sd card into a pc and copy from the 128 to the 400 to save on the download if you aren’t swapping switches.

I think you have to put it into the destination Switch first and format it or it will complain that it had been used with another Switch and refuse to load from it! Has anyone else experienced that before?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I only had that issue when I moved from Switch 1 to 1.1 that I had to redownload.
    Pretty sure when I was increasing the sizes I just dragged and dropped on a pc and then stuck the new one in. Reformatted it on pc first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

madmoe wrote: »
    I think you have to put it into the destination Switch first and format it or it will complain that it had been used with another Switch and refuse to load from it! Has anyone else experienced that before?

Thanks,
    M

That only happens when you are changing hardware. I updated from 128 to 200 to 400, and was able to transfer using a PC. The only time I had to redownload was when I moved from the original Switch to the newer model, and it asked me to reformat.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Has anyone managed to fix a 'bricked' Switch? ie one with the blue screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Xofpod

john9876 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to fix a 'bricked' Switch? ie one with the blue screen?

Depends how truly bricked it is. In a lot of cases holding the power switch for 30 - 40 seconds will reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

I tried that ... to no avail.

• Advertisement

There's a fair few videos on YouTube might be worth a shot.

https://youtu.be/xijU3FsRUKI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Are the games still more expensive than on PC??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm really sorry to ask as I know it has been discussed before but can someone please help?

I want to buy a game currently on sale on the American eshop, how do I go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Follow the instructions here:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/guide_how_to_buy_nintendo_switch_games_from_the_japanese_eshop_-_region_free_accounts

The instructions are for Japan. Swap out for USA when you're doing it - the steps are the same.

Then you need to buy US credit. Go to https://www.pcgamesupply.com/ and buy US credit (make sure it's not Canadian, which they also sell!)

In the eshop for your new US account, redeem the code to add the credit, then download away.

Mr E wrote: »

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/guide_how_to_buy_nintendo_switch_games_from_the_japanese_eshop_-_region_free_accounts

The instructions are for Japan. Swap out for USA when you're doing it - the steps are the same.

Then you need to buy US credit. Go to https://www.pcgamesupply.com/ and buy US credit (make sure it's not Canadian, which they also sell!)

In the eshop for your new US account, redeem the code to add the credit, then download away.

Thanks so much.

Unravel 2 for $4.99 is a bargain

Anyone know is it possible to buy Nintendo online family support in a cheaper region but to add an Irish or multiple Irish accounts to it. Currently have two active switches with one having a sub that's about to expire (4 weeks) other has none.

I don't think the account region matters. I have a South African family sub (a tenner cheaper than here I think) but my main account is Irish and my niece and nephew (who share the account) also have Irish accounts. Online membership is online membership - I don't think region factors into it.

I'm looking for it cheaper than here so Springboks might be the way to go thanks for the quick response

Can someone who has used the site before tell me how long it takes for the verification code to be sent via text for the payment? I am waiting over an hour now.

Or is it safe just to use a debit card rather than PayPal?

• Advertisement

Can someone who has used the site before tell me how long it takes for the verification code to be sent via text for the payment? I am waiting over an hour now.

Or is it safe just to use a debit card rather than PayPal?

Should be quicker than that. Check your phone number and resend the code request if you can.

Gave up on Witcher 3 traded it in to pay off Tokyo Mirage only owe €15. I'll get it again sometime down the line maybe for the switch pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Gave up on Witcher 3 traded it in to pay off Tokyo Mirage only owe €15. I'll get it again sometime down the line maybe for the switch pro.

What didn't you like about it ?

Should be quicker than that. Check your phone number and resend the code request if you can.

Tried twice again this morning, still no joy unfortunately.

Balls. Time to reach out to their support I think.

Balls. Time to reach out to their support I think.

Do you know if there are other sites to buy the top up? For some reason this one isn't verifying any phone number I've used, no code came through to confirm the payment, no money lost so no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Is fifa any good on the switch?

Don't bother with FIFA 20 get 19 instead the only difference is squad and jerseys updated no gameplay or graphics change whatsoever.

Do you know if there are other sites to buy the top up? For some reason this one isn't verifying any phone number I've used, no code came through to confirm the payment, no money lost so no big deal.

Try Play-Asia.

https://www.play-asia.com/digital/nintendo_eshop/14/711z7#fc=v:4

I've used a fair bit in the past. The eshop cards at a couple of euro more expensive than pcgamesupply, but they are reliable.

• Advertisement

Advertisement