Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

The Switch is a great single purpose device ( like the kindle ).
    Hopefully Nintendo can keep the momentum going for a few generations.
    And keep it backwardly compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://kotaku.com/dad-builds-custom-xbox-adaptive-controller-so-daughter-1841098866

A father has adapted/is adapting the Xbox adaptive controller so his daughter can play the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

CastorTroy wrote: »
    https://kotaku.com/dad-builds-custom-xbox-adaptive-controller-so-daughter-1841098866

A father has adapted/is adapting the Xbox adaptive controller so his daughter can play the Switch.
    Wow. That is amazing :D
    Just reading over his twitter posts for the past while since I saw this :)

Suckit wrote: »
    Wow. That is amazing :D
    Just reading over his twitter posts for the past while since I saw this :)

Yeah - brilliant stuff - brilliant dad and daughter.

Hey Nintendo and co - give your games more accessibility options!

A little can mean a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A bit of help needed here, please.
    I bought my son a Switch Lite for Christmas, and because he uses his device handheld and out and about I made it the primary, including the other region accounts too, so he could play all those games off line.
    I'm happy enough to use my Switch online and docked all the time, so it should be no problem.
    Or so I thought.
    While my local account is fine, I'm having problems with the Japanese Eshop, it won't let me play with my main user account, only with the region specific user account, if you know what I mean.
    Any ideas how to remedy this?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

It's mad how many Switch games there are I never heard of or forgot hearing about.
    was in Game today and saw WILL - A Wonderful World which I don't recall hearing about. when search for it on amazon it brings up other games may be interested in which I never heard of Mostly VN looking games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just came across this today :pac:

https://i.imgur.com/qLQUubd.gifv

Best game ever. Can't understand why there isn't normal fishing in it since it's got all the ingredients for fishing ... Rivers, ponds, lakes, seas, beautiful idyllic locations, fish. But no fishing rod. Just bombs. Which isn't an idyllic way to catch fish.

I bet the next game will have full on fishing !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Needs the hyrule loach again definitely the greatest brag among Zelda fans

Nintendo Switch overtakes SNES with more than 52 million sold
    Nintendo had its strongest Switch quarter ever this holiday season, moving 10.81 million units to reach a total of 52.48 million sold as of the end of 2019. That means it’s now overtaken the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to become Nintendo’s third best-selling home console of all time behind the Wii and the NES. The 16-bit SNES was released in 1990 in Japan and the following year in North America, achieving a total of 49.1 million units sold worldwide.

• Advertisement

So with wonderful 101 going multiplatform, another game I thought was a Nintendo exclusive is coming to Steam - Daemon X Machina
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167450/DAEMON_X_MACHINA/

Looks like you can't save Animal Crossing saves to the cloud or move it to another device.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/you_wont_be_able_to_transfer_animal_crossing_new_horizons_save_data_to_another_switch

Which is a shame for a game people play for years ...
    Better not lose/sell/break that Switch.

(edit)
    or maybe they are listening ...
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/hold_up_nintendo_is_now_considering_animal_crossing_new_horizons_cloud_save_support

Gonna sell or trade my switch lite soon and use it as a deposit for the animal crossing one might stick it on adverts but that place is really difficult to use these days.

Will be buying the three houses and sword dlc later today if there's nothing too great to pass up in the weekly update for my let's go switch I swore I'd never have two on the go switch consoles but that lite was dirt cheap in a bundle so kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

nintendoo wrote: »
    Looks like you can't save Animal Crossing saves to the cloud or move it to another device.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/you_wont_be_able_to_transfer_animal_crossing_new_horizons_save_data_to_another_switch

Which is a shame for a game people play for years ...
    Better not lose/sell/break that Switch.

(edit)
    or maybe they are listening ...
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/hold_up_nintendo_is_now_considering_animal_crossing_new_horizons_cloud_save_support

very bad form when for many years they would keep saves on the users account.

Is there much difference in the standard and gold version of Mario and Rabbids? Both on sale at the minute and going to pick one of them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there much difference in the standard and gold version of Mario and Rabbids? Both on sale at the minute and going to pick one of them up.
    I've heard the DLC is quite substantial(the donkey kong DLC in particular) though i haven't played it yet so can't say

manual_man wrote: »
    I've heard the DLC is quite substantial(the donkey kong DLC in particular) though i haven't played it yet so can't say

Might just jump on the gold one so.

Might just jump on the gold one so.
    At a glance the Russian eshop looks your cheapest bet (well for the regular game anyway, i'm guessing likewise for the gold edition)

manual_man wrote: »
    At a glance the Russian eshop looks your cheapest bet (well for the regular game anyway, i'm guessing likewise for the gold edition)

I've €4-€5 in gold coins on the Irish store so probably work out the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Go for the gold one. I've played through the main game and loved it, and at the time, I wanted more. The DLC wasn't available yet. The DLC is excellent, but I had left it too long since my original playthrough that I had forgotten most things!

• Advertisement

Is there a language menu in rabbids (can the langiage be changed to English in a foreign version)?
    Does the collectors edition have all of the DLC or just the amiibo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Is there a language menu in rabbids (can the langiage be changed to English in a foreign version)?
    Does the collectors edition have all of the DLC or just the amiibo?
    Normally the game uses the language the Switch is set to, I bought physical Japanese versions of Okami and Katamari Damacy while in Taiwan and they both defaulted to English when I popped then into the Switch.

If the cart has EUR on sticker it's multilingual if Fra De Esp etc it's not

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Normally the game uses the language the Switch is set to, I bought physical Japanese versions of Okami and Katamari Damacy while in Taiwan and they both defaulted to English when I popped then into the Switch.
    If the cart has EUR on sticker it's multilingual if Fra De Esp etc it's not

Great thanks. I have a set of speakers coming from mailboxde this week, and I saw Rabbid collectors edition on sale for €32 (Deutsch version) so I am planning on adding it, as it wouldn't add anything to to the shipping price.

I am guessing the collectors edition also has the DLC that the gold has?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Great thanks. I have a set of speakers coming from mailboxde this week, and I saw Rabbid collectors edition on sale for €32 (Deutsch version) so I am planning on adding it, as it wouldn't add anything to to the shipping price.

I am guessing the collectors edition also has the DLC that the gold has?

No, I don’t think so. Collectors edition is mainly the statue and maybe some pre order DLC

chrislad wrote: »
    No, I don’t think so. Collectors edition is mainly the statue and maybe some pre order DLC

Right then I won't order that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1227396904654426114?s=19

Pretty underwhelming additions but additions nonetheless

Faxanadu would be epic a boy can only dream

That's two snes games i wanted to play but never got around to. Smash tennis had 4 players right? Could be fun online

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is more appropriate for "Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases", but however...

Pokémon Home launches

Advertisement