Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Printable material would be a nice touch. They have released a pdf you can download to replace damaged gates or create more arrow signs. But additional printing options would be a good idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Printable material would be a nice touch. They have released a pdf you can download to replace damaged gates or create more arrow signs. But additional printing options would be a good idea.

You could imagine sticking up A4 sheets around the track, the pattern of which ignites animated pieces of castles, aquariums and rainbows, could be a nice addition.
    Also, the Labo VR would work well with the on-board camera, as well as integration with the vehicle controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Went on a lock down binge today 2 €25 eshop cards Astral Chain and Final Fantasy XII Zodiac. Thankfully I had €15 left to buy grub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Went on a lock down binge today 2 €25 eshop cards Astral Chain and Final Fantasy XII Zodiac. Thankfully I had €15 left to buy grub too.

Heh, just did something similar myself - finished a few games I'd been working on for a while, so needed something new.

Ended up buying Hades and Night in the Woods.

I'm tempted by Hades it looks like an amazing game. Pokemon Sword Dlc gets my full attention on Thursday but I seen recently here Final Fantasy XII Zodiac is in the Vagrant Story Universe I loved that game in my PlayStation One l and I never gave Astral Chain a chance when it came out so very much looking forward to trying it out during BAnk Holiday weekend next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've had Astral Chain on my to try list for ages alright, still haven't played Pokemon Sword or Shield yet either!

I keep complaining that the Switch has too many good games, it's almost impossible to keep up.

Can't believe Luigi's Mansion 3 came out almost a year ago and I still havent played it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Outer worlds is getting a patch on Oct 21st and is going on sale on the 22nd

https://mobile.twitter.com/OuterWorlds/status/1317133451875643395

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son has this on the PS4 but I think it might be a nice purchase for my Switch...
    We'll see what the sale price looks like, it's pretty cheap on Amazon as it stands, £29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

How did this perform overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    How did this perform overall?

It's fairly muddy on the Switch (I played handheld) and even up close it doesn't look great. The core of the game is still there though, combat, some minor exploring and conversation with NPC's. I bought it and found it a lot of fun, playing it like Fallout and finished it all too quickly. Traded it in but still glad I played it.

• Advertisement

If you've played Skyrim on Switch and PS4 Outer Worlds is the same kind of quality experience not as bad looking as The Witcher pre patch but still pretty much a HD ready Vs 4k picture comparison. Hopefully the patch boosts the quality

Thanks. I'll wait on reviews as to how the patch improves things, and what the sale price is. I do technically have this one Game Pass on my sons Xbox so I could play it there if I really wanted to, as I hear it's not that long. €20 will be the sweet spot if performance is good.

Found playing first-person-shooter games in handheld mode sub-par with the joy-cons

However rubber thumbstick extenders - even cheap ones like the ones linked greatly improve this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DLSKN8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Got a switch + Mario party and Luigi as a lockdown present for the family (have Mario kart and odyssey in reserve). It’s been a lovely few hours I have to say. The hardware is lovely (although small for my big fat hands).

A bit disappointed that a game marked as co-op/mp on the box (luigi) doesn’t appear to be co-op until well into the game.

My question is re the eStore - is it any region? If I buy logged in as my account online will it be playable on the switch? Are digital games region locked?

And I have a Nintendo linked account on the switch. The kids just have profiles on the switch. Is any game I buy on my account playable on my kids as well?

Or would it be better to play physical games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

I just get physical for Nintendo first party games. I can sell them if they are not up to scratch. Plus it's just easier for my little brain to understand. Sharing digital seems hard with Nintendo. And you can never sell em. Also physical are cheaper than digital for Nintendo first party.

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    I just get physical for Nintendo first party games. I can sell them if they are not up to scratch. Plus it's just easier for my little brain to understand. Sharing digital seems hard with Nintendo. And you can never sell em. Also physical are cheaper than digital for Nintendo first party.

Hard to disagree with almost anything you say, except there have been done decent sales on the digital front, especially if you add an account to your Switch that is based in South Africa or Russia, some great discounts on even first party games.

Hmmm, my Revolut card has stopped working in Ireland, and South Africa. Anyone else having issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Super Mario Odyssey is 3 years old. What a game. Some ugly levels and repetitive bosses but, apart from that it's golden. Team has to be commended for creating more pure mario magic. Now, people are speculating that, since there was no real DLC we could be getting an Odyssey 2 ...ala galaxy 2.

So, new Switch launch with botw2, odyssey 2 and kart 9 trailers. BOTW2 is happening and what have the other teams been working on all this time? Not just Bowser's Fury I'd say.

Hmmm, my Revolut card has stopped working in Ireland, and South Africa. Anyone else having issues?

To add to this, it seems like I can't use my Irish PTSB card on the Irish eShop either, same error message. Going to have to reach out to Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Is it the physical or the virtual card?

I could never get the physical card to work.

Also seen on the app they have scheduled maintenance planned tomorrow in the wee hours might be causing it?

• Advertisement

Is it the physical or the virtual card?

I could never get the physical card to work.

Also seen on the app they have scheduled maintenance planned tomorrow in the wee hours might be causing it?

Nah, it's not Revolut, as the issue is there with PTSB too. On a related note, I've tried a virtual Visa, a physical Mastercard, and a PTSB Visa - all failed.

Nintendo answer was check with your bank, which is nonsense as different banks are failing. Next one was to not use any credit cards on your switch for 30 days and the console may have locked it, but they couldn't confirm that would work. Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Buying a Switch lite for my niece for Christmas. What should I look out for?

Is there one with a new improved battery?
    Best (cheapest) Irish place to order online/delivery? If there's a problem I'd like to return.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Buying a Switch lite for my niece for Christmas. What should I look out for?

Is there one with a new improved battery?
    Best (cheapest) Irish place to order online/delivery? If there's a problem I'd like to return.

Thanks.

Smyths is probably your best bet.

All the lite consoles are the same, no benefit to one over the other. And you won't often find them cheaper in one place than the other due to Nintendo and the way they operate.

I feel like there will be a massive shortage of them in the coming weeks too so I would recommend picking one up soon.

There is a free trial of Control Ultimate Edition. It is a cloud based game (so you stream it to your switch)

I think this might be the first of this type over here. Going to give it a go now.

Well that was a short trial :)

I guess it is more to make sure it works before you buy rather than a demo. It looks amazing though. Streaming to the switch will really open it up. Bigger games will be playable without a big effort to port it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it out yet? Any price?

Must test it out, just out of curiosity. I have it on PS4, though haven't played yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

40 beans for the Ultimate Edition. Tried it out there, can confirm the future is magic. Plays as smooth as my recollection of the PS4 release.

I prob won't buy bit for 40. I have it on both game pass and ps now and never got around to playing it on either.

But it does play really well. Looks stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wasn't on the direct today but Griftlands is a pretty decent card game with some added bartering, pity its not out until the summer tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    40 beans for the Ultimate Edition. Tried it out there, can confirm the future is magic. Plays as smooth as my recollection of the PS4 release.

The future is magic. Been enjoying the delights of Stadia for the last few months and now Nintendo is getting on board for big AAA games. Great news.

Advertisement