Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sod it, gonna put 25 beans on Shovel Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I saw someone looking at the switch section in Gamestop. No proof though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

OwaynOTT wrote: »

In Patrick st cork today loads looking at the switch section and people buying stuff. Was also in smith's toys and people looking at the switch section never seen a nentendo area so busy since the switch came out.

Other news I ended up picking up Lego city undercover today for the switch can't have to start playing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OwaynOTT wrote: »

It happens but you have to be quick to catch them. Only takes a minute or so to look at all 3 game cases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Director talks about bringing Star Wars: Battlefront II to Nintendo Switch and Project Scorpio

.......As for the Nintendo Switch, the director simply mentioned “that one is a question for another day,” nevertheless, he did not rule out the possibility to see the game on the new console of the Big N. In any case, we will have to wait for more information on this.......

http://gametransfers.com/director-talks-about-bringing-star-wars-battlefront-ii-to-nintendo-switch-and-project-scorpio/

Just 1 line regarding a Switch version and not really an answer.

• Advertisement

Played 1,2 Switch and Snipperclippers with my 60+ year old mother, who never really played video games her whole life and she absolutely loved it. She especially loved the likes of Quick Draw on 1,2 Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up Lego City undercover as i done the bold move and traded in Zelda (Being honest I am not that much of a fan and its not really a game i can pick up and play at random and not use my brain).

Other then the longish load times for lego city undercover its really good and really funny and easy to pick up and play at random so fair.

I have Mario Kart and Street fighter on pre order and cant wait to get them in a few weeks time now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My problem with LCU is that I can get it for around €25 for the WiiU.
    I think I'll wait until it drops in price for the Switch, then pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Other then the longish load times for lego city undercover its really good and really funny and easy to pick up and play at random so fair.

You're not seeing issues with the frame rate? Reddit was complaining that the game was borderline unusable with it dropping to single digits in places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

You're not seeing issues with the frame rate? Reddit was complaining that the game was borderline unusable with it dropping to single digits in places.

Digital Foundry didn't mention that in their video, they're usually very good for that kind of thing. They said it compares pretty well to the PS4 version of the game. It's locked to 30fps i think, and hits that most of the time according to DF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have been playing it in two player mode the last couple of days and I have only noticed a few dips, outside of that, it has been excellent and I am really enjoying playing through it with my son.

Firmware 2.20 available, stability update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

sligeach wrote: »
    Director talks about bringing Star Wars: Battlefront II to Nintendo Switch and Project Scorpio

.......As for the Nintendo Switch, the director simply mentioned “that one is a question for another day,†nevertheless, he did not rule out the possibility to see the game on the new console of the Big N. In any case, we will have to wait for more information on this.......

http://gametransfers.com/director-talks-about-bringing-star-wars-battlefront-ii-to-nintendo-switch-and-project-scorpio/

Just 1 line regarding a Switch version and not really an answer.

Does anyone seriously believe that these games are going to be available on Switch?

It seems pretty obvious to me that the console will be for indie games and for Nintendo exclusives.

Even if they did have a Switch version of Overwatch or Battlefront 2 or Shadow of War etc then it would be a significantly inferior version of the game and probably not worth the developers time and money to port.

When I hear people saying developers are enthusiastic about porting games to the Switch I am thinking about indie developers.

People expecting the next BIG titles on XBOX and PS4 to also appear on Switch is going to be disappointed.

Better to focus on what the console can do rather than constantly expecting things that aren't going to happen.

• Firmware 2.20 available, stability update.

Aww, I was expecting an update to you know, make things more pleseant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Firmware 2.20 available, stability update.

How is the WiFi bar?

Any changes?

Mine is still off in UK... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Sales holding up well in Japan this week, up about 10% on last week. Good news as it's been relatively quiet on the games side of things. MarioKart should boost it a bit when its released as well

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/media-create-sales-41017-41617

Shovel Knight is really fun. Feels like it might be short though, so I'm pacing myself playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shovel Knight is really fun. Feels like it might be short though, so I'm pacing myself playing it.

It's not really short. It takes about 4 hours per campaign, but the controls and attacks are so different for each Knight that even though some of the levels are recycled, it feels like a different game. There's also the challenge modes (which I've not looked at too much) and New Game+ (which I've also not looked at yet) - Total, probably took about 12 hours for all 3 campaigns. The Spectral Knight one was my favourite, but it is the easiest of the three. The Plague Knight one is definitely the toughest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally got a reply from Nintendo by email. Basically says to contact customer support either by phone or livechat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. What happens to my save games if I switch SD Card? I had a 32gb Micro SD that I used when I got the switch. Now I have it I'm thinking about going more digital because I use it in portable mode so much. If I get a bigger SD card will my saves be gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. What happens to my save games if I switch SD Card? I had a 32gb Micro SD that I used when I got the switch. Now I have it I'm thinking about going more digital because I use it in portable mode so much. If I get a bigger SD card will my saves be gone?

i presume if you transfer everything from sd card to sd card you'll be fine but have not tested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I would imagine that the saves themselves are on the Switch itself, could be wrong though. If there was a way to move them onto the Switch, change out the card and re-download the games you have.

I don't have an SD in my Switch so this is all guesswork on my part. I bought a physical copy of Zelda and have downloaded a few games and have barely made a dent in the Switches internal storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

fixxxer wrote: »
    The save data is stored on the switch's internal memory (see here: https://www.google.ie/amp/kotaku.com/nintendo-confirms-switch-save-data-cant-be-transferred-1792972788/amp) and you can transfer games to another SD card following this guide : https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.imore.com/how-transfer-nintendo-switch-games-microsd-card

Haven't tried it myself though. Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Bomberman R 60fps Update! Before & After Comparison (Ver. 1.3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwKkt6bYC8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gonna pick up a Pro Controller today. Herself find the Analogue sticks on the Joy-Cons to be too fininky (shirt sticks, low range of movement, clicking them in often by accident) and they keep needing to be charged in the Dock with the screen. Why you can't just charge them and still be able to play with the Joy-Con holder is anyones guess. Bad design

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Why you can't just charge them and still be able to play with the Joy-Con holder is anyones guess. Bad design

You can. Just not the free one :D

if the charging was your only issue, it'd be cheaper to buy the charging holder, but no amount of chargeability will change the sticks.
    (BTW the pro-controller comes with a USB-A to USB-C cable that you can plug into the dock, apparently the "inner" port behind the cover is 3.0 and will charge it quicker)

Frankly, if you don't have the tiniest of hands. The Joy-Cons are kind of s**t as far as comfort and ease of use

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I have big hands, long fingers and a bulbous thumb on each hand and the Joycons nestle perfectly in my gross gibbon-mitts. It takes a small bit of rotation to reach the snapshot and home buttons but as far as the worst problem I have with the Joycons, it's a pretty insignificant one. I thought I'd have problems with the plus and minus buttons but they're easy to reach.

You must have even stranger hands than mine or an extremely low tolerance for annoyance. Or both.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I have big hands, long fingers and a bulbous thumb on each hand and the Joycons nestle perfectly in my gross gibbon-mitts. It takes a small bit of rotation to reach the snapshot and home buttons but as far as the worst problem I have with the Joycons, it's a pretty insignificant one. I thought I'd have problems with the plus and minus buttons but they're easy to reach.

You must have even stranger hands than mine or an extremely low tolerance for annoyance. Or both.

Just having used controllers that are more ergonomic (PS4, X-Box 360) and Analogues that are more reactive and have larger radius, I just find it a bit finnicky. I mean, it's WAY better than say a Gameboy SP. Just wish the sticks were a few mm longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Konami are adding new DLC characters from some of their franchises to Bomberman in the near future. The support from Konami is very...well....un-Konami, especially in recent years. Would love for them to finally realise they have a goldmine of franchises worth using.

_2069873_650x.jpg
    _2069883_650x.jpg
    _2069893_650x.jpg

Advertisement