Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

sligeach wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be announced for Switch at E3.

Highly unlikely methinks.
    I would however, love it.

If thats announced at the conference Nintendo will have won E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Highly unlikely methinks.
    I would however, love it.

If thats announced at the conference Nintendo will have won E3.

And Sony didn't win it last year by announcing it in the first place?

• Isn't Sony funding the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Isn't Sony funding the title?

I don't think they are funding it - I think it said it was coming to PS4 first, so I'd say it's a timed exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It would be ironic that Square and Final Fantasy left because of cartridges on Nintendo's home console and then for it to return to the Switch that's reintroduced cartridges.

• Advertisement

I think its gonna be just like the Switch reveal conference.
    Rumours were abound of Mario for launch, Smash Bros for launch, a Metroid revival for launch, the man and the moon for launch and 1st half of 2017.
    Then when Nintendo actually announced their games, which were decent, people were upset as "We were expecting Mario/Metroid etc, the rumours lied!!"

If rumours are abound before E3, such as a Final Fantasy return, and they don't come to fruition people will start blaming Nintendo again....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

All I want from E3 is a Virtual Console, an announcement of certain Wii U games being ported (Mario World, Smash, Zeldas), and I will be happy, moreso if the VC includes GameCube games.

If they put GameCube VC then the first game better be Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I'd love to play that on the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

GC VC debut has to be FZero GX. Just think of all the laughs you'll get reading the news of hilarious deaths caused by the blunt force trauma of whacking one's head off the sink or cistern because you leaned into a turn or a flip while on the toilet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had trouble downloading Dragons Trap, turned out I had to remove the SD card to get it to download properly.
    Word online was that it is ropey Micro SD cards that is causing issues, but I got mine in Argos, a 64GB one, so there should be no problems that counterfeit cards are developing.
    All rather frustrating tbh.
    One answer might be to remove the card and give it a proper format with the SD Formatting utility, then try redownloading everything, could be done overnight.
    I will report back any further progress!!

• Advertisement

Disgaea 5 Complete - Opening Animation (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YkcXa68x0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

YES
    Disgaea 5 Complete - Opening Animation (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YkcXa68x0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It would be ironic that Square and Final Fantasy left because of cartridges on Nintendo's home console and then for it to return to the Switch that's reintroduced cartridges.

So Call Of Duty: WWII is being shown at 6pm. If Switch misses out on this, it's going to be a big negative against it. It needs these kinds of massive AAA 3rd party chart mainstays like this to have mass market appeal.

https://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxI7cPQxAPc

Except that the WiiU had Ghosts and Blops 2, didn't appear to make that much of a difference tbh

Nintendo Switch Rated 80 out of 100 by Famitsu Readers in New Survey
    Famitsu readers pass positive judgement on the Nintendo Switch, but have doubts on the software lineup.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/04/26/nintendo-switch-rated-80-100-famitsu-readers-new-survey/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't care about COD on Switch.

I've never cared about the WW2 setting either but its absence is a big deal. It's not coming to Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meh. I don't think it's that big a deal, but again, that's personal. I've not played one since Modern Warfare 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's not a make or break big deal, but I'd like to play it on Switch rather than PS4 honestly.

• Advertisement

Nintendo has made a huge bet on the Switch console, and tomorrow we'll see how well it's selling

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/26/nintendo-has-made-a-huge-bet-on-the-switch-console-and-tomorrow-well-see-how-well-its-selling.html

Some commentary from analysts mixed in there also including one notable muppet at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

COD being absent isn't surprising or a big deal. The switch isn't a console to replace the three options already there to play COD online with a player base installed. That's a mission that is unsupportable at the moment.
    If it did come to switch it would sell terribly just like the Wii U versions of Black ops and ghosts did and surprise nobody.

My opinion of course, but I'm actually glad the console isn't getting directly comparable ports right now. It gives the console some time to breath and become its own thing. If that thing is a secondary console, one where a game of COD on the PS4 is followed by a game of Mario Kart on the bus..... then I see no loss at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

I seem to have the bogiest switch on the planet. Not only does it have the synch issue, but the console and the dock seem to be warping, and the joy-cons are wiggling and creaking about the place while in handheld mode since the day I opened it. The analog sticks also make an annoying spring sound when you use the. I thought all these issues were pretty common, but they're obviously not that common.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Late to the party on the Final Fantasy VII possibilities but I did say quite a while ago the Amiibo while announced ages ago always pointed to at that time a 3ds port of Final Fantasy VII, this year is the 20th anniversary of the game so Square Enix do the right thing and give me a portable Final Fantasy VII.

Late to the party on the Final Fantasy VII possibilities but I did say quite a while ago the Amiibo while announced ages ago always pointed to at that time a 3ds port of Final Fantasy VII, this year is the 20th anniversary of the game so Square Enix do the right thing and give me a portable Final Fantasy VII.

You mean a Switch port?

Nintendo predicts Switch sales of nearly 13 million by next April

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/27/15447342/nintendo-switch-sales-forecast-earnings-2016

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

Switch: 2.74 million units shipped worldwide

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild: 3.84 million sold (2.76 million Switch, 1.08 million Wii U)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You mean a Switch port?

No he means 3DS. Nintendo are being nintendo and releasing it on the 3DS instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭geotrig

Nintendo predicts Switch sales of nearly 13 million by next April

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/27/15447342/nintendo-switch-sales-forecast-earnings-2016

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

Switch: 2.74 million units shipped worldwide

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild: 3.84 million sold (2.76 million Switch, 1.08 million Wii U)

so at least 20k sealed copies being kept as investments !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

So Call Of Duty: WWII is being shown at 6pm. If Switch misses out on this, it's going to be a big negative against it. It needs these kinds of massive AAA 3rd party chart mainstays like this to have mass market appeal.

Is there anyone on this thread who actually thinks a Switch version of CoD would actually be worthwhile?

I don't see it as a negative at all. Any version of any major multi-platform AAA release will be inferior on Switch and will be compared endlessly.

"Shadow of War on PS4 Pro vs Nintendo Switch looks bad for Nintendo"

It's a waste of everyone's time and only looks negative for Nintendo.

I am happy enough for them to keep releasing indie games and Nintendo exclusives. Not really interested in playing an inferior version of COD. (not interested in playing any COD ever but that's another story)

People are going to be SO disappointed when they realize that the Switch version of Skyrim will be the original game and not the remastered version and, to be honest, I think that's the fault of silly articles that continually compare the Switch performance to the PS4 performance.

I think the Megadrive vs Super Nintendo console war has left behind a legacy of stupidity when it comes to people comparing consoles.

"It's not as powerful as PS4!" You don't say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

looking forward to some mario kart battles tomorrow night :-)

Advertisement