Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote: »
    Mario Kart (physical + wheels), Puyo Puyo Tetris and Kamiko. That's tonight sorted. :)

No more Switch purchases in May. Unless Tumbleseed is good. Or Shakedown Miami. Or Minecraft Switch. Or any other number of unannounced indies.

Damn it.

Whats Kamiko all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailer below. €4.99 (or $4.99) in eshop.

That seems crazy like old-school top-down Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

That seems crazy like old-school top-down Zelda.
    It's very simplistic though. It's fun enough to play, but there are no power ups in the game. I completed it with one character in under 2 hours. I'll probably do it with the other characters too.
    But for 5 yo-yos it's a bit of fun - just don't expect anything deep !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

deadl0ck wrote: »
    It's very simplistic though. It's fun enough to play, but there are no power ups in the game. I completed it with one character in under 2 hours. I'll probably do it with the other characters too.
    But for 5 yo-yos it's a bit of fun - just don't expect anything deep !!

Looks good actually, if only I had my Switch back from Ninty I probably would have bought it... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

18199237_698302890352778_6869567044302602112_n.jpg?oh=555c5e50b5c31c038730324494a37070&oe=5978210D

I'm a weak, weak man. But Mario Kart won't be arriving till Wednesday/Thursday at this point, so this will make up for it.

Gamestop stores across the country may have gotten new shipments of the Nintendo Switch in advance of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe release, but if you didn't already know that probably missed them. Nintendo's new hybrid living room/portable console started flying off of store shelves on day one, and it shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. It's good news for Nintendo, a company that badly needed a win with its core console business after the tepid response to the Wii U and good news for the Nintendo fans that have managed to get their hands on one of the things.
    "It's exceeding our expectations," he said. "We knew it would be a high demand product, but our Switch allocations are selling out not in days, but in hours...the demand is so high that consumers have to react quickly to be able to get their hands on them."

And while specific predictions about future supply or demand are tough to come by, nobody seems to be banking on supply stabilizing any time soon. At this point, demand still seems to be riding a launch window peak where machines are selling out immediately, at least for all intents and purposes.

"Right now we're not seeing sales going down at all, and I would expect that to continue for quite some time," said Bright

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/04/27/gamestop-nintendo-switch-selling-out-in-hours-not-days/#78d2ae55e525

Reminder: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — and any Switch game — has free online for a limited time
    You’ll be paying for it soon enough

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/28/15474452/mario-kart-8-deluxe-online-features-nintendo-switch-price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for reminding us all in bold type for no apparent reason.
    Typically it's used to highlight a word or sentence for emphasis rather than the body of a post.
    If used for posts it's typically when a moderator is making a post with that hat on.
    Just saying.

sligeach wrote: »
    Reminder: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — and any Switch game — has free online for a limited time
    You’ll be paying for it soon enough

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/28/15474452/mario-kart-8-deluxe-online-features-nintendo-switch-price

Well I'm glad you put that in bold, and its on the tweet. Good to read the same thing twice.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding us all in bold type for no apparent reason.
    Typically it's used to highlight a word or sentence for emphasis rather than the body of a post.
    If used for posts it's typically when a moderator is making a post with that hat on.
    Just saying.

Are you talking to me? That's the headline. I've always bolded headlines. For years. It's formatting. Centre Youtube and Tweets. Size 4 for headlines, size 3 for subheading. It's what people do on loads of sites and it's part of a whole slew of writing options on this site. It is not, nor should be the preserve of moderators. Otherwise why are those options there?

Let's be honest here. It's not the bolding that's the problem. It's the text contained within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

.... snip

Let's be honest here. It's not the bolding that's the problem. It's the text contained within it.

Maybe stop posting troll bait nonsense over and over and over and over (and over) again. Just a thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Eh
    Nope
    I've no problem at all with Nintendo charging for online play.
    I pay MS and Sony already.
    Why should Nintendo be any different.
    And why is this still news, seeing as it's been well flagged since before the system was released.
    What, if anything, has changed?

Danonino. wrote: »
    Maybe stop posting troll bait nonsense over and over and over and over (and over) again. Just a thought.

What I'd really love to tell you. Take a look back at the last few pages of this thread and look at the stories I've posted and that'll prove that nonsense statement a lie. "Over and over and over and over (and over) again." And guess what? They're bolded. "Over and over and over and over (and over) again."

What I'd really love to tell you. Take a look back at the last few pages of this thread and look at the stories I've posted and that'll prove that nonsense statement a lie. "Over and over and over and over (and over) again." And guess what? They're bolded. "Over and over and over and over (and over) again."

I don't have to look back, I've been in the discussion since the start, it got to the point you were stalking out displays in Gamestop. It got weird ages ago. Chill out, buy a switch, play Zelda on the bus, be happy... or don't, whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

With all the moaning effect you put in you could have enjoyed Zelda or Mario kart on a switch at this stage ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm hoping for a reduction on I am Setsuna, suna or later it'll go down in price. :o

I have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus poor Sligeach, you Bastardos are like a lynch mob, relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

So the Switch has no regular camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. Just the one for spying on you in the toilet

• Advertisement

Out of however many games consoles I've used with a camera, I've used the camera on them exactly.... zero times. 3DS, DSi, Vita, PSP camera, whatever else, never ever used it.

With all the moaning effect you put in you could have enjoyed Zelda or Mario kart on a switch at this stage ha

Wow. This post just highlights a lot. Fly-by posters that haven't a clue. Have you visited the Zelda: BOTW thread, at all? I love the game and I don't need a Switch to enjoy it.

My last Miiverse Zelda post.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gL4nvzlw

If only Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had been on some previous platform? Hmm?

C-f9BDsWsAABPVy.jpg:small

And this crap about enjoying a game on a bus to me is irrelevant. I don't travel on the bus. I'd be lucky to travel on it twice in a year. There's plenty the Wii U can do too that the Switch can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Sligeach, trolling boards and Nintendolife now are we ^^

Ha ha. You're some craic.

I personally get a bus/train quite often, I also have a Wii U and have played Mario Kart to death but bought it.... oh wait.... nobody cares

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jebus poor Sligeach, you Bastardos are like a lynch mob, relentless.

Yeah, dudes.

Chill out for jaysus sake.

Danonino. wrote: »
    I don't have to look back, I've been in the discussion since the start, it got to the point you were stalking out displays in Gamestop. It got weird ages ago. Chill out, buy a switch, play Zelda on the bus, be happy... or don't, whatever.

Keep lying, why don't you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Are you talking to me? That's the headline. I've always bolded headlines. For years. It's formatting. Centre Youtube and Tweets. Size 4 for headlines, size 3 for subheading. It's what people do on loads of sites and it's part of a whole slew of writing options on this site. It is not, nor should be the preserve of moderators. Otherwise why are those options there?

The 'you'll be paying for it soon enough' part isn't in bold in the article but you just couldn't resist.

Puyo Puyo tetris is fun. Also Kamiko is a fiver on the e-shop (less than the price of a burger and chips in the chippy) and its fun as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Bought a Nintendo Switch on a whim during the week and also got Zelda and Mario Kart for it. They're both tons of fun! Zelda is massive and I'm still figuring it out as I've never played a Zelda game before but I'm really enjoying it. Mario is just plain fun and it's really handy that the controllers can be used separately for 2 player.

The Switch itself is brilliant. I have used it both on the tv and as a handheld and both are excellent. I have an Xbox and PS4 but neither are as fun or entertaining as the Switch. A good impulse buy!

• Advertisement

Getting a bit rowdy now.
    I was only making a point about a post and bold type.
    I remain glad Sligeach is a regular here, all debates need two sides.
    But personal attacks, from any side, are not on.
    I'd pull back before the mod steps in tbh....

Advertisement