Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You know I could go drumming up that nice picture of you with your nes classic from a few months back, the hague may want a word with Mr Radovan Karadžić lookalike, we thought you was locked up, how you get out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My beard is both luxurious and magnificent.
    You can slag the man, but leave his gods damn beard out of it!

What are you hiding under that beard CiDeRayatollah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What are you hiding under that beard CiDeRayatollah.

I have a family of fieldmice renting by the week, don't judge me, their money is as good as anyone elses...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mr E wrote: »

Do we know how badly the details are saved?

Entering it each time is a few seconds of pain, but fraud is a longer ordeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »

Wow. I know a headline should be a decent high-level overview of the article but that 1 line really is everything they've got on that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Some nice words here from Polygon, a site that I wouldn't think are pro-Nintendo normally
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/7/15569862/nintendo-switch-love
    The Nintendo Switch has become the system people love to love
    It has no frigging games! There is feck all on the horizon and its the same price as a PS4. I just do not understand it, maybe people could love it if it doubled as a tablet they could use on the go but no, Nintendo have deliberately crippled all that, even if it did the battery life is sh1te.

Im not a Nintendo hater or anything I wish them every success but you have to admit the success here is just weird. Id love to see how things would have gone without Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thargor wrote: »
    It has no frigging games! There is feck all on the horizon and its the same price as a PS4. I just do not understand it, maybe people could love it if it doubled as a tablet they could use on the go but no, Nintendo have deliberately crippled all that, even if it did the battery life is sh1te.

Im not a Nintendo hater or anything I wish them every success but you have to admit the success here is just weird. Id love to see how things would have gone without Zelda.

Well my Switch has Zelda, Mario Kart, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Shovel Knight + Expansions, and Kamiko. Thats plenty of high quality games for 2 months after launch, more and better quality than I had on the PS4 after the same length of time.

As for nothing on the Horizon, aside from noting E3 is a month away, we've got very roughly.

Arms in June
    Splatoon 2 in July
    Fire Emblem Warriors in August
    Mario & Rabbids RPG in September
    Pokemon Stars in October
    Mario Odyssey in November
    Xenoblade 2 in December

Not included stuff not announced/that I've missed, or Virtual Console launching.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Id love to see how things would have gone without Zelda.

But it does have Zelda?

Of course it would be worse without it's best game.

But it does have it's best game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It has had 2 of the best games Nintendo have ever made released in the first 6 weeks of launch. Currently I am playing through 9 different games since release and Arms, Disgaea, Minecraft, Thumper, Splatoon 2, Ultra Street Fighter II amongst quite a few more out over the summer it's covering quite a lot of bases. I think peoples tastes and use/non use of portable perhaps skew, not necessarily you, their view towards the Switch when many people are making full use of top games that they never have had the opportunity to do so before. Playing Zelda and Mario Kart everywhere has been a revelation to me, and I say that as someone who had reservations of the whole hybrid thing as I thought I'd be mostly a TV player but the hardware is so good it's a revelation to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have two cartridges and I've downloaded 10 great games, with lots more on the horizon. I have absolutely no complaints.

I have zelda, did have bomberman but found it difficult to play, tried a couple of demos too, I want Mario Kart and Street Fighter too when it's released, Disgaea too if I can get it.

I've already got more games on my Switch than I can find the time to play.
    And it is just nonsense to talk of the system without Zelda, it has it, and it's possibly one of the games of the past decade, if not a contender for one of the greatest games ever.
    And you can play it on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I saw it mentioned elsewhere, I was wondering how the Gamecube VC would work without analog buttons? Like using FLUDD. Do you think we could use the Wii U GC adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since I saw it mentioned elsewhere, I was wondering how the Gamecube VC would work without analog buttons? Like using FLUDD. Do you think we could use the Wii U GC adapter?

It could be you would have to buy a Pro Controller (they could release an analog version if they do release a GC VC), and it wouldn't be an unreasonable request to be honest. Controls have changed a good bit over the years, so you can't expect one to cover all bases.

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've already got more games on my Switch than I can find the time to play.
    And it is just nonsense to talk of the system without Zelda, it has it, and it's possibly one of the games of the past decade, if not a contender for one of the greatest games ever.
    And you can play it on the bus.

I think that might be the case for every single console I own :/

Switch related info from Nvidia earnings results/call Q1 FY2018

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1371678

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

For me it is perfect as a 2nd console

I have a Ps4, which would be my main console, but the switch compliments it perfectly. Its effectively replaced my Vita

I only have two games for it. Zelda took me over a month, then I stopped playing it for a few weeks until Mario Kart came out. Will buy SF 2 soon and then (I hope) some VC games will be announced at E3, so I will buy a lot of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Been stalking this thread for a while now and have decided to bite the bullet and Switch!

Have a few questions!
    • Where is the best place to try and pick up a Switch in the next week or 2?
    • Recommended case?
    • Anyone recommend a tempered glass protector?
    • Recommended memory card? I am going to go all digital download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not sure about where to buy, there seems to be stock shortages in Ireland with some saying no stock in Argos/Smyths until June

I bought these all from amazon:
    Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    Orzly Carry Case (there was an offer buying the case and protectors together)
    Sandisk 64GB Micro SD

Very happy with them all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Did anyone send their left Joy con back to be modified by Nintendo for desynching?

I e-mailed Nintendo a while back to ask what the procedure was doing this, and I got an automatic "We are super busy" e-mail back, and heard nothing since.

I couldn't find anything online on any of Nintendo's official sites, so was hoping someone knew here.

Switch related info from Nvidia earnings results/call Q1 FY2018

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1371678

Some of the enthusiasm seems genuine which is nice. Didn't the other consoles go ATI this gen? The notion that "Consoles are a not a business to us. They're a business to them" seems a little false. How long would they continue to be relevant if all 3 consoles were on ATI architecture, so all the development tools were focused on stability and performance for that architecture? It doesn't matter how powerful your card is relative to the competition if nothing works with it and no-one wants to work with you. And even then, is the PC market really big enough to sustain them and would it continue to do so if they became a secondary concern? Would OEMs continue to spin money for them? Would they end up another 3DFX (albeit under different circumstances)?

Also, when did ATI stop being called ATI?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Just spoke to my friend. He's on the hunt for a Switch. He emailed Argos and they said they won't have them in stock until June...

Likely way too late for this but had decided to avoid the launch and pick up switch after exams! Typically sold out everywhere :'( Got lucky though, there are a couple popping up in Argos. Depends where you're based but Athlone, Longford, Limerick and Letterkenny do have some stock! In case anyone was silly like me and didn't think to get one when there was stock all over the place :)

Some form of Pokemon Stars announcement/Pokemon Direct is imminent, so get hyped.

No thanks.

Pokemon? On the Switch? Time to fake my own death and free up some time. Anyone know where I can get some red scorpion venom at short notice?

No price though. It's $90 in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

No price though. It's $90 in the US.

Whats it say?? Blocked in work ;_;

(thank you in advance)

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Whats it say?? Blocked in work ;_;

(thank you in advance)

Stand alone switch dock being sold from 23rd June.

Advertisement