Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Smyths site says June for stock The Neon is €390 boxed in cex outrageous price, through some leg work and homer simpson mind tricks I could get €390 cex credit for about €280 cash or there abouts.

Shame there's none in stock in Dublin anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Westmoreland street has a grey one, Jebus who'd of thought these would be sold out even in cex, mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

fixxxer wrote: »

I always hated the name Famicon...

Looks cool, but I think I prefer the subtlety of this:

supernintendoswitch1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

...and then this appears.

Reminds me of the yellow inside Wobbly Wobbly Wonder ice-pops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rhyme wrote: »

It's like the piss yellow iphone 5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Eeeeek! Not keen on those at all at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Those look like Arms / Splatoon colours - I'm anticipating a limited edition bundle with one of those, the kind of body-warmer case that leaves the joycons exposed. Throw in a soundtrack and a couple of amiibo, bump the price up to 500 quid, catch a few audi driving iphone types over the summer. Sweeeeet

Didn't see any sign of a 3-for-2 in Carrickmines BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's like the piss yellow iphone 5c.

Piss yellow iphone, you should work in advertising :). Backed out at the last minute to buy a launch Switch, now I really want one but there's no stock. Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Piss yellow iphone, you should work in advertising :). Backed out at the last minute to buy a launch Switch, now I really want one but there's no stock. Derp.

They are popping up! Gamestop Dundrum seem to have them right now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

It's over the screen isn't it? That's what I've been doing. :-/

Yeah I put mine over the screen, with the shoulder buttons towards the zipper and the bottom of the Switch nicely places in the "hinge" part.

Protects the screen but also stops the control sticks from being mashed and clicked etc when in my bag.

No problems so far and it's basically in and out of that thing every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You mean Wibbly Wobbly Wonder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    You mean Wibbly Wobbly Wonder. :)

Auto-correct :/

I was going to say 'Pear Picking Porky' but the colour wasn't quite right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A pretty interesting update from the devs of the Rainway app, which would allow you to stream PC games on the Switch. I had big doubts about whether Nintendo would allow this but this sounds positive.

https://twitter.com/RainwayApp/status/862535493996748800

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If they got that to work it could steal a march on the Steam machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Even better, I worked in sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

When I placed my order for a Switch on the Smyths website yesterday, I knew there was a good chance that they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order, but no harm in trying, right? When an email arrived from Smyths today, I was prepared for it to be bad news. Then I read the subject line: "Your Order has been Shipped"

What?? No way!! :pac:

Opened the email, and "It's Dispatched!" Yessss!! "We can confirm that your order has been dispatched from our warehouse." Brilliant!! "Unfortunately, not all items are available to fulfil your order." …Whuh?

I read on, and the penny dropped. When I ordered the Switch, I specifically went for the Mario Kart bundle, as you do. It turned out that Smyths didn't in fact have any Switches they could sell me, but rather than just cancelling the order, they've helpfully sent off (and charged my debit card for) that part of the bundle that they did have in stock—a lonely copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Oh, Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 digibay

Nintendo Switch is really a good console, i like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Corholio wrote: »
    A pretty interesting update from the devs of the Rainway app, which would allow you to stream PC games on the Switch. I had big doubts about whether Nintendo would allow this but this sounds positive.

https://twitter.com/RainwayApp/status/862535493996748800
    i've a feeling if nintendo do end up allowing this there will be some catch or limitations like only certain games or there could be some sort of monthly cost that nintendo get a cut of. they wont likely just say oh yeah play whatever game you want cause then when it comes to multiformat games why would people buy the switch version if they can buy it on steam? losing money for nintendo on the games sales

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When I placed my order for a Switch on the Smyths website yesterday, I knew there was a good chance that they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order, but no harm in trying, right? When an email arrived from Smyths today, I was prepared for it to be bad news. Then I read the subject line: "Your Order has been Shipped"

Opened the email, and "It's Dispatched!" Yessss!! "We can confirm that your order has been dispatched from our warehouse." Brilliant!! "Unfortunately, not all items are available to fulfil your order." …Whuh?

I read on, and the penny dropped. When I ordered the Switch, I specifically went for the Mario Kart bundle, as you do. It turned out that Smyths didn't in fact have any Switches they could sell me, but rather than just cancelling the order, they've helpfully sent off (and charged my debit card for) that part of the bundle that they did have in stock—a lonely copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Oh, Smyths.

lol whoever shipped that order is really taking the piss out of you. That is harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Oh, Smyths.

That happened to my fiend. He just got Zelda shipped. He returned it in store today and Smyths said that they're getting a very small batch of Switches in tomorrow and they will keep him one to apologise for the inconvenience. May be worth a try??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That happened to my fiend. He just got Zelda shipped. He returned it in store today and Smyths said that they're getting a very small batch of Switches in tomorrow and they will keep him one to apologise for the inconvenience. May be worth a try??

Your friend will be glad to know you called them a fiend. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's taken a little while for me to get into BOTW but god I am loving it now.

Biggest danger with the switch is it's too easy to do zero work at my desk all day

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always find it easy to do zero work at my desk. Like by coming on here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Finally got a despatched mail from Nintendo about my Joycon and Switch, 3 days off a month since they received it in the UK...

I'm never bothering with that route again, I'm sure my 80 hours of Zelda save is gone and I'm not sure if I will go though all that again, over 30 years buying Nintendo stuff and the first thing that I ever had to send back to them, a huge lesson - any issues with it, bring it back to the retailer, don't bother with Nintendo repair...

Tempted to flog it after this as I've pined for it since the day it's gone :(

Fieldog wrote: »
    Finally got a despatched mail from Nintendo about my Joycon and Switch, 3 days off a month since they received it in the UK...

I'm never bothering with that route again, I'm sure my 80 hours of Zelda save is gone and I'm not sure if I will go though all that again, over 30 years buying Nintendo stuff and the first thing that I ever had to send back to them, a huge lesson - any issues with it, bring it back to the retailer, don't bother with Nintendo repair...

Tempted to flog it after this as I've pined for it since the day it's gone :(

I saw a comment on Reddit from a guy who got his Switch repaired, he said they cloned his data on to the new machine. Maybe they will do that? Maybe its the hope that kills you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I saw a comment on Reddit from a guy who got his Switch repaired, he said they cloned his data on to the new machine. Maybe they will do that? Maybe its the hope that kills you?

I actually read something similar on Reddit also, so I sent a literal begging letter pretending to be 12 years old enclosed in the box to "Mr or Mrs Switch repair guy" so fingers crossed that's the case... ;)

If they done that well all is forgiven, I won't hold my breath (of the wild) though...

:)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I actually read something similar on Reddit also, so I sent a literal begging letter pretending to be 12 years old enclosed in the box to "Mr or Mrs Switch repair guy" so fingers crossed that's the case... ;)

If they done that well all is forgiven, I won't hold my breath (of the wild) though...

:)

I am now emotionally invested in your plight and eager to hear the outcome :D

Oh f*ck off, GameStop.

Was browsing through their catalogue of Switch products as I distract myself from doing work and saw they're charging 75 f*cking euro for Minecraft. F*cking Minecraft.

Was reading an article and it suggested that it was £19.99 on the eShop. Anyone able to confirm how much it displays as here? Can't look at the Switch now.

How in the f*ck does GameStop have the audacity of charging that much?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/62080/minecraft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think it's 29.99 on the Euro eShop, I was looking at it last night. But that's a digital version, who knows what's in the physical release?

Advertisement