Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I played through both shenmue games and they are both just awful. No idea where the hype for those games came through. Rose tinted nostalgia I imagine. All those sonic games are also terrible, as is Phantasy Star. I'm not keen on fighting games either.

I've always been a Nintendo over Sega fan but :

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is it Shen-moo or Shen-moo-e?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »

It's pronounced Sham-poo. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

wasnt he an orca?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    It's pronounced Sham-poo. :p

I own them, both of them for the DC and the remastered edition for the Xbox and found them to be terribly boring.
    I own them because, as a gamer, I'm told I should but I'll never actually play them at this stage, ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I started getting this weird problem since the weekend where my switch keeps waking itself from sleep. If I sleep it and put ti in the dock it wakes, and changes the input on the tv to it's input....very annoying.
    Doing a full power down and restart fixes the issue but it's happened a few times now.

Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've seen a heap of posts about it on /r/nintendoswitch, hasn't happened to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

lafors wrote: »
    I started getting this weird problem since the weekend where my switch keeps waking itself from sleep. If I sleep it and put ti in the dock it wakes, and changes the input on the tv to it's input....very annoying.
    Doing a full power down and restart fixes the issue but it's happened a few times now.

Anyone else getting this?

Do you have Minecraft installed? It seems like there is a bug in Minecraft that causes screenshots to be taken randomly, the only way to stop it is to fully power off the switch but once you start Minecraft again it starts the bug again. Minecraft doesn't need to be kept open for the switch to keep taking screenshots, you can open other games after Minecraft and it will continue randomly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sonic Forces: Custom Hero Trailer

A Sonic game allowing you to make your own original characters feels like part of reality just folded in on itself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, that looks like sh1te.
    Don't they ever learn, learn that no one wants this tripe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sonic Mania looks good though! Granted thats practically a fan project but still!

Ubisoft say they've an unannounced Switch game in development.

Sorry, I should say this information came from Ubisoft's investor meeting.

Eugh, just that rubbish sounding Mario/Rabbids game I guess. Unless it's Assassins Creed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote:
    It's pronounced Sham-poo.

Like the samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Dermo wrote: »
    Do you have Minecraft installed? It seems like there is a bug in Minecraft that causes screenshots to be taken randomly, the only way to stop it is to fully power off the switch but once you start Minecraft again it starts the bug again. Minecraft doesn't need to be kept open for the switch to keep taking screenshots, you can open other games after Minecraft and it will continue randomly

Yep, that makes sense too, it's only since I bought Minecraft for my son.
    Wonder if they'll patch it soon, it's pretty annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I am getting my son a switch for his birthday

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is it ruled out that if I set his up his with the same account as my own switch can we share digital games like, on PS4?

I only just realised, downloads are attached to the account/NNID, not the console!

R.F. wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is it ruled out that if I set his up his with the same account as my own switch can we share digital games like, on PS4?

Afaik you can only have your games on one account that's active.
    You can decide that the active account is on one of the two Switch consoles, but not both, so you won't be able to have the digital content available on both at the same time.
    There is the potential for this to change, but as of right now it's not a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New Harvest Moon coming to Switch, PS4 and PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

New Harvest Moon coming to Switch, PS4 and PC.

I'd be excited for this if Stardew Valley wasn't also on the way. It beats Harvest Moon at its own game.

I'm going to guess that the Ubisoft title will have towers to unlock areas of the map... just like BotW most other Ubisoft games! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

R.F. wrote: »

No. Your account can only be active on one switch console.

A bunch of Arms stuff has leaked early from tonights direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Cant see anything good hitting switch soon, I love it but its all ****e shovelware.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Cant see anything good hitting switch soon, I love it but its all ****e shovelware.

Not really. Lot of great stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thumper tomorrow.
    Rime on the 31st.
    Arms on June 16th
    Cave Story+ on June 20th
    Splatoon 2 on July 21st

Buying all of those (apart from Arms - I'll see what the reviews are like first).

Probably a few unannounced indies along the way too.

Arms will offer test matches on certain dates. Check the e-shop shortly for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

safetyboy wrote: »

Shovel Knight.

• Advertisement

Not really. Lot of great stuff on it.

Yeah, whoever is curator of the eshop has maintained quality, certainly if this is maintained in terms of standards as well as quantity, it'll be a nice selection by Xmas this year.
    The Neo Geo selection in particular is a who's who of great titles, Puzzle Bobble /2 please!

Advertisement