Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How much is the Darksiders remaster going to be?

Because I got it and a mound of other titles, including its sequel, via Humblebundle for another format for €15....
    So, just wondering the kind of value represented by the Darksiders release on the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€20 I think, CiDeR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cidey, what do you care? You're never going to play it anyway. Just buy it and stick it in the vault for when the moon men come and try to figure out our culture.

Is Darksiders I the one that's more God-of-War-y than pre-BotW-Zelda-y? Not that I've played GoW but Darksiders II was the first game I got on WiiU, seems like a good way to bookend that console experience (unless Kerbal gets it's arse in gear)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much is the Darksiders remaster going to be?

Because I got it and a mound of other titles, including its sequel, via Humblebundle for another format for €15....
    So, just wondering the kind of value represented by the Darksiders release on the WiiU.

Here is where my order has been for what seems like an eternity.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/darksiders-warmastered-edition-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-darksidewiiu.htm

£12.85 plus £1.29 for postage. ~€16.50 total.

Anyone else experience WiFi connectivity issues since the recent update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems slow to reconnect. After waking from sleep, can take 10-15 seconds for the wifi icon to go white.

Works fine once connected, though.

Seems to be a common issue reported by people after the update. Supposedly the fix is to delete the network settings, shut down fully (not sleep mode) and re-enter the details for the network.

Haven't tried it yet, but will report back.

'NO PLANS' FOR DESTINY 2 ON NINTENDO SWITCH
    "I think it's pretty unrealistic."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/19/no-plans-for-destiny-2-on-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    'NO PLANS' FOR DESTINY 2 ON NINTENDO SWITCH "I think it's pretty unrealistic."

Pretty unrealistic is the best way to put it. If the game has still a port to 360 or PS3 it's more likely as the system just ain't powerful enough to port stuff more demanding games like Destiny 2. If it can't get more than 30fps on PS4/One what'd the switch manage in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

After playing Tetris Vs Puyo Puyo Pop a lot, I think what the switch REALLY needs is a port of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Yeah, it kind of is a bit like that.
    Except you think of a game or a system​ and it's probably there... somewhere....

Virtual Boy
    Turbo Grafx 16
    3DO
    Vectrex
    Amiga CD32
    Atari Pong
    Retron5
    Wonderswan Crystal
    Neo Geo Pocket Color
    And then most other consoles as well
    And then the games...
    Steel Battalion is awesome.

I've got an N64 that's missing a power cable, and a K.K. Slider amiibo :cool:

...I picture you having the closet under the stairs converted to a dedicated Steel Battalion room, all kitted out to look like the claustrophobic insides of a giant robot. Don't tell me if that's not true, leave me with my dreams :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Destiny was never coming to Switch of course. IGN love their obvious non stories for sure, gotta keep that clunky homepage full I guess. Stories like that make it sound it's a hit against the Switch which it's not, it was never even going to remotely happen in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got an N64 that's missing a power cable, and a K.K. Slider amiibo :cool:

...I picture you having the closet under the stairs converted to a dedicated Steel Battalion room, all kitted out to look like the claustrophobic insides of a giant robot. Don't tell me if that's not true, leave me with my dreams :pac:

I've a spiral stairs up to the gamesroom, so no room for the mech cockpit there.
    Sure, come along to the Arcade and Retro gamesnight next month, in my house, and you can try it for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've a spiral stairs up to the gamesroom, so no room for the mech cockpit there.
    Sure, come along to the Arcade and Retro gamesnight next month, in my house, and you can try it for yourself!

I want to live in your house. It sounds magical.

Seems to be a common issue reported by people after the update. Supposedly the fix is to delete the network settings, shut down fully (not sleep mode) and re-enter the details for the network.

Haven't tried it yet, but will report back.

Quoting myself, but if you encounter WiFi issues, delete the network settings, power off, and re-enter it all again.

Did it just there and it's back working now.

I want to live in your house. It sounds magical.

Don't get too worked up, it's a bungalow with a converted attic.
    That said, the room that houses the spiral stairs also house the PC, the Atomiswave Arcade Cabinet and an African Grey Parrot....

But not necessarily in that order...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Apparently a patch has been released to fix that Minecraft screenshot bug if anyone has had that problem. The developer has also said they are looking into bumping it up to 1080p in docked mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corholio wrote: »
    Destiny was never coming to Switch of course. IGN love their obvious non stories for sure, gotta keep that clunky homepage full I guess. Stories like that make it sound it's a hit against the Switch which it's not, it was never even going to remotely happen in the first place.

And sure the first one wasn't even on PC. Crazy! :)

So registered the left joy con on the service centre during the week and asked for the delivery label to be sent by email. When I entered all the details and hit next, it gave me an error page. I didn't get the label and when I go into the page, it shows the joy con as registered and I can't do anything with it.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So registered the left joy con on the service centre during the week and asked for the delivery label to be sent by email. When I entered all the details and hit next, it gave me an error page. I didn't get the label and when I go into the page, it shows the joy con as registered and I can't do anything with it.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

Use AskMii. I registered a 3ds, didn't receive the label, AskMii got it resent and I had it within the week. Obviously, this time on a Friday you shouldn't be disappointed if they leave it till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Neon stock back in Smyths

Banjo wrote: »
    Use AskMii. I registered a 3ds, didn't receive the label, AskMii got it resent and I had it within the week. Obviously, this time on a Friday you shouldn't be disappointed if they leave it till next week.

Had to send an email. The AskMii didn't work even though was within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know if the joy cons bought separately experience the connection issues?

anyone know if the joy cons bought separately experience the connection issues?

I haven't heard any complaints on here, seems to be an early error in design that was quickly sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't get too worked up, it's a bungalow with a converted attic.
    That said, the room that houses the spiral stairs also house the PC, the Atomiswave Arcade Cabinet and an African Grey Parrot....

But not necessarily in that order...

Human slave opportunity and you let it slip by, that's a damn shame is what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lego city is €38 in Argos and I risk the wrath of the high council, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is horribly over rated and as boring as green tea is bland, oh im gonna get it now ain't I.

Lego city is €38 in Argos and I risk the wrath of the high council, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is horribly over rated and as boring as green tea is bland, oh im gonna get it now ain't I.

Not at all, you are as entitled to be terribly, horribly wrong as the other person to express that view!

It's no Need for Speed on the 3DO, that's for sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Mario Kart 8 deluxe is horribly over rated and as boring as green tea is bland, oh im gonna get it now ain't I.

The core racing mechanics are rubbish. There's also no real point in trying to get out in front early because of how quickly it can turn around. It's a lottery. I imagine it's a good laugh with a few mates. And in fairness Nintendo market it as a party game, not a 'proper' racer. So it does what it's supposed to. I'm glad I picked it up because the series has been on my bucket list for a long time. I just can't believe I paid €55 for it.

• Advertisement

Compared to the original, it possibly is a little, I don't know. They didn't really do a whole lot besides fix the Battle Mode. All the other things are minor, like adding a few characters or adding double items. The original game was an 8 or maybe at a stretch 9 but now the only real concern has been addressed so do you give it a 10? Newbies to game might say yes but they didn't exactly break their back, push on the series. They didn't add any new tracks or majorly overhaul the graphics. It's still a fantastic game, just not one I'd spend another €60 on after spending ~€75 already.

Advertisement