Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Walmart's item sure are quoting the rrp of $89.99.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Dock-Set-Nintendo-Switch-N-A/521857297

That lower price must be either an introductory offer or a mistake by the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone else get lego city undercover ?.

As got it thr day it came out played it for about 2 hours and never touched it again no idea why?.

But have been playing the binding of isaac none stop for thr past 2 weeks on the way to work such a good game so basic but it takes skill to get good at. I was lucky the girlfirend got me this for val day.

Desssida 5 now Friday can't wait never played the 4th one but it took me about a year and a bit to finish the 3rd on the vita so I hope this will be the same.

I really hope the switch gets some GameCube games on thr VC at E3 if so with the 1st party support this is maybe tj3 best console since the PS vita for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

It's payday today but there's nothing to buy. I hate the first few months of a new console.

Paleblood wrote: »
    It's payday today but there's nothing to buy. I hate the first few months of a new console.

What kind of games do you like ?.

AS there is planty there at the moment for the switch for a console that has been out for 2 months there is quite a lot of good games !!!.

As there is load of good indies and a good retail games now.

What kind of games do you like ?.

AS there is planty there at the moment for the switch for a console that has been out for 2 months there is quite a lot of good games !!!.

As there is load of good indies and a good retail games now.

Ah yeah I'll definitely pick up an indie or two. I'm being slightly facetious.

I picked up the Switch specifically for first party Nintendo titles (this is my first Nintendo console) and to build up a physical collection of games. It was an absolute pleasure picking up the Zelda and Mario Kart cartridges. I felt like a 10 year old picking up my first few Mega Drive carts.

Anyway I think I'll hold off until Friday and pick up Disgaea 5. I'm also interested in Street Fighter 2 but I think I'd be wasting my time without a proper D-pad. Hopefully the reviews will tell us it plays well on the joycons.

• Advertisement

the binding of isaac is what you should try ans import in.

I think it's about 45 euros on VG+ well worth but now it's the 2nd print run of copys so different cover and notting in the box now.

Well worth it if you never played it simple game but you could get 100s of hours out of it no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just made the switch myself. Can you recommend any other games apart from Zelda. That's coming too. Played Mario Kart on Wii U, no chance I'm wasting money on the same game again.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Just made the switch myself. Can you recommend any other games apart from Zelda. That's coming too. Played Mario Kart on Wii U, no chance I'm wasting money on the same game again.

Cheers

Shovel Knight is fab. Kamiko is fun, and its really cheap, only a fiver.

the binding of isaac is what you should try ans import in.

I think it's about 45 euros on VG+ well worth but now it's the 2nd print run of copys so different cover and notting in the box now.

Well worth it if you never played it simple game but you could get 100s of hours out of it no problem.

I'm a huge Isaac fan. I already have it for PS4 and Vita. I'll definitely pick it up. Amazon have it down for a European release in July. I'll be happy with that release. It's a shame to miss out on the booklet but I'm quite happy with the cover art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

764dak wrote: »
    How energy efficient is a docked Switch compared to a Wii U?
    So no one cares about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

764dak wrote: »
    So no one cares about this?

Or more likely that no one knows and are unwilling to do the online research you could do yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Anyone know where I can buy a Switch car charger in Ireland? (Amazon a no no)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

wtlltw wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a Switch car charger in Ireland? (Amazon a no no)

Argos have them

https://goo.gl/u8xUrY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Thanks so much. Checked online and instore and nothing came up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Picked up the Butterfox case from Amazon, not as tidy as the Nintendo one it's replacing but much more storage for battery pack, cables, headphones, hopefully extra joycons will fit in too. Few little issues with it (looks like internal zip might scratch Switch if fully closed) but no show stoppers, seems very sturdy. Well worth the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Butterfox-Nintendo-Carrying-Cartridge-Holders/dp/B06WRWHGRH

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I would have thought that the switch needed more juice than a car charger could give.
    I think that it would just slow down the battery discharge (at best).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd have visions of the car bonnet crumpling inward like the dregs of a capri sun any time you panned around to see how far away Death Mountain was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Level-5 MIGHT be working on something for the Nintendo Switch
    Fingers' crossed

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Switch/Nintendo+Switch/news.asp?c=74078

Nintendo Switch Not Getting Middle-earth: Shadow of War

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-not-getting-middle-earth-shadow-of/1100-6450222/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Level-5 MIGHT be working on something for the Nintendo Switch
    Fingers' crossed

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Switch/Nintendo+Switch/news.asp?c=74078

Nintendo Switch Not Getting Middle-earth: Shadow of War

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-not-getting-middle-earth-shadow-of/1100-6450222/

The former headline is entirely expected, given their output on Nintendo formats up to this point.

The latter headline is another of those things that really isn't surprising at all.

I hope to God it's Pilotwings!

Rather play Mordor on PS4 anyway. Switch needs original games to succeed, not ones that will perform better on other systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Disappointed about Mordor, heard great things about the 1st one. It's Monolith... there's always hope that Nintendo will accidentally buy a controlling interest in them thinking they let some Monolith Soft stock slip by, then capitalise by giving us a Bayonetta-esque Shadow of Mordor / Shadow of War double pack to celebrate their acquisition of Sega and the imminent launch of Shadow of Hedgehog?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm not too fussed about SoM not being on the Switch. The Switch will basically be my Nintendo console for Nintendo games, and for indies. I have my PS4 for the few big games (that said, I've not played much on the PS4 since getting the Switch, not even Horizon, which looks like its right up my alley)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

5uspect wrote: »
    jenno86 wrote: »
    Also, will any normal USB-C wall charger do for the switch?

It's complicated. There was a chart on the Nintendo Switch subreddit - have a look there.

EDIT: here it is.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/66i5gs/choosing_your_nintendo_switch_charger_a/

Basically anything will charge it, however it won't charge fast enough when playing demanding games unless it delivers at least 13-14W or something. An iPad charger is probably the best USB A charger (with an A to C cable) while I'm sure you can find a decent C to C on that list.

Also if you install MK8 internally and then insert the SD you'll be prompted to restart the Switch. All subsequent games get installed there - you can't decide the install location manually. IIRc you'll have to uninstall and reinstall to move it to the SD.

However the internal storage is fastest, while the SD is next and the proprietary carts the slowest.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-best-microsd-cards-for-switch-loading-time-comparison

Switch uses usb-c power delivery profile. So you need an external battery that will push 3amps through the usb-c port in order to charge faster then you discharge while gaming.

https://www.ravpower.com/26800mah-Type-C-external-battery-charger-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It lives. Image was leaked on Twitter and quickly deleted.

oxp12ahx-998474.jpg

18620821_10109767832412465_1798909501768835236_o.jpg?oh=04e1ddecdf5601694bb4b33a0a12d3b8&oe=59AAEC6E

18623265_10109767832532225_8415987120977862674_o.jpg?oh=750c8abf110db4a885acf0891b59eae8&oe=59B283A0

18673088_10109767832537215_4057489379391622142_o.jpg?oh=471c9da82bc0ed83880a60f3e9a9d759&oe=59BE8403

18595519_10109767832691905_2995053020407698796_o.jpg?oh=e7915c7eedce2c4e053e811cdfee72ac&oe=59A29876

What is it? A DOTA style/turn based thing? No control over heroes?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If it's a Mario RPG/Paper Mario style game, I'm in.

Played all those games on the DS/3DS and loved every one of them (even sticker star).

No more turtle shelves.

Is it a Ubisoft game with Mario characters, or Nintendo with Ubisoft characters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Good thing they have the month of July to convince me :D

Advertisement