Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths all over dublin have the grey switch 15+ for many stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths all over dublin have the grey switch 15+ for many stores.

Really wanted the Neo. Jervis Smyths have 15+ grey ones. Should I wait? Gah! Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You could get a grey now, and get some fancy multi coloured joy cons later on.

You could get a grey now, and get some fancy multi coloured joy cons later on.

True. trying to keep the cost down though, just wanted the neon joy cons and want to get a pro controller too. Ffs Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch sales exceeding Wii sales by 10 percent in US

https://fenixbazaar.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-exceeding-wii-sales-by-10-percent/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch. More info will be shared at the Monster Hunter Championship 2017 on Saturday.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/

monster-hunter-xx-switch-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Corholio wrote: »
    Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch. More info will be shared at the Monster Hunter Championship 2017 on Saturday.

[IG]http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/monster-hunter-xx-switch-2.jpg[/IMG]

Just saw that.

After I jumped the gun on the whole 'Capcom dropping Switch if street fighter has sh*tty sales' mistranslation :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just saw that.

After I jumped the gun on the whole 'Capcom dropping Switch if street fighter has sh*tty sales' mistranslation :o

Ah to be fair, everywhere who reported the Capcom thing got caught by the early translation. Rule of thumb with foreign interviews, wait 24 hours :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch sales exceeding Wii sales by 10 percent in US

https://fenixbazaar.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-exceeding-wii-sales-by-10-percent/

Good old Sligeach...
    Mr Blue Sky...
    All good news, all the time! ;)

Actually that's great news.
    All the system needs is more content!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Good old Sligeach...
    Mr Blue Sky...
    All good news, all the time! ;)

Actually that's great news.
    All the system needs is more content!

I really didn't see it doing as well as it is, it's great news. Mario at Christmas should be a huge seller, they really need to advertise it like crazy around then and make sure there's plenty of stock in stores. If they fu*k it up I'd be amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos strikes again €63 must be their trigger figure for Switch games first Mario Kart 8 deluxe now Disgaea 5.

You do get a €5 voucher but that's beside the point, too high a price.

http://checkargos.com/product/7030877

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got my copy of Disgaea 5 for 33 pound cant go wrong so about 40 euros ?.

I wonder when i might get it as the last switch game i got from amazon got lost !!!! and they ended up having to send me another copy of maro kart !!!.

Hope this one does not get lost ha

Monster Hunter XX is coming to the Switch.

That franchise is a license to print money. Expect it to sell Switch's by the mountain load, especially in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sligeach wrote: »
    Monster Hunter XX is coming to the Switch.

That franchise is a license to print money. Expect it to sell Switch's by the mountain load, especially in Japan.

Thats what I came in to post. :)

So yeah, as soon as,that bad boy hits the switch, I am all over it. Even if its the only game I get switch for. I have a bit of a addiction history with monster hunter games. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could this be the first Monster Hunter game I actually play after buying?

No...

Probably not...

It'll be bought and, sadly, join the pile :(

Now some potentially bad news.
    FIFA ON NINTENDO SWITCH IS ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO BE FIFA 18

You can find the full list of games that EA will be showing at EA Play below:

FIFA 18
    Madden NFL 18
    NBA LIVE 18
    The latest Need for Speed™ experience
    The Sims™ Mobile and The Sims™ 4
    Battlefield™ 1: In The Name of the Tsar
    New content from Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes and Titanfall 2
    Madden NFL Mobile
    NBA LIVE Mobile
    EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2017/05/26/fifa-nintendo-switch-almost-certainly-not-going-fifa-18/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

That Monster Hunter news is just brilliant, there are hundreds of thousands of people who will buy a Switch purely to play that game alone. It's almost a cult in Japan.

Wasn't ever expecting a full-on version of FIFA this year, EA are always pulling this crap. Maybe FIFA 19 will arrive if hardware sales hold up. I'll still buy this year's version even assuming it's not FIFA 18, I'll admit to buying FIFA 64 back in the day, maybe the worst football game I ever witnessed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

EA - Here's a terrible years old FIFA port.
    Ubisoft - Here's a just dance game and a rayman legends port.
    Capcom - Hey here's a street fighter port. Pay us 45 quid for it.

'Wait our ports of old tat didn't sell well? Guess switch owners don't want 3rd party games.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭geotrig

Good , we dont need a yearly update of a game that doesnt change much ...so other games have made more improvements with patches .. but i actually think fifa would be a great fit on the switch !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ubisoft - Here's a just dance game and a rayman legends port. And a Rabbids/Mario crossover game!
    Capcom - Hey here's a street fighter port. Pay us 45 quid for it. And Monster Hunter will be coming too!

'Wait our ports of old tat didn't sell well? Guess switch owners don't want 3rd party games.'

FYP!

Hopefully the Fifa game won't be merely a port of an older version, and be something they've put some effort into. But doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

geotrig wrote: »
    Good , we dont need a yearly update of a game that doesnt change much ...so other games have made more improvements with patches .. but i actually think fifa would be a great fit on the switch !

Except it's missing two buttons in mini-con mode, which is always a design choice that seemed strange choice. A six a side street style game might have been a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭geotrig

fixxxer wrote: »
    Except it's missing two buttons in mini-con mode, which is always a design choice that seemed strange choice. A six a side street style game might have been a good idea.

yeah a good 5/6 a side game would be good ...im not gonna miss any buttons i've barely mastered using 4 in any fifa game ..im fairly sure i really only use 2-3 ,through ball , shoot and run fast !:pac:

Ubisoft - Here's a just dance game and a rayman legends port.
    Capcom - Hey here's a street fighter port. Pay us 45 quid for it.

They're all at it though with ports. Nintendo themselves with Zelda and Mario Kart. WB with Lego City Undercover. Minecraft, World of Goo, Disgaea 5, Shovel Knight, I Am Setsuna, Binding of Isaac, Skylanders and more besides with more on the way. Even this Monster Hunter game is a port. The only 2 games Capcom put on the Wii U were 3DS ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Beston-20m-carnival-ferris-wheel.jpg

Don't you mean...

Beston-merry-go-round-for-sale.jpg

swings and roundabouts :).

I thought you meant the same old merry-go-round. They'll put this out to die, claim 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo, then move on.

nope I meant round and round we go with the same ports story. I used a ferris wheel to depict this, you used a merry-go-round, which is swings and roundabouts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monster Hunter may be great to boost sales of the Switch. If only there were Switches available to take advantage of the boost

• Advertisement

Nintendo's share price increased by over 5% due to the Monster Hunter XX announcement. The timing was very deliberate. The markets are now closed for the week. Capcom's share price went up too but not as much.

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=0&chdd=0&chds=0&chdv=0&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1495791681071&chddm=903&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=TYO%3A7974&ntsp=0&fct=big&ei=PvgnWaGVLZXAugTW06LwDw

Advertisement