Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital telephony (VF) in bridged mode?

• 02-03-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi there,

My phone/broadband is with Vodafone with c. 100Mbps FTTC. All was going well until Q4-2016 when VF switched the landline from the old analog system to digital. For customers using the Huawei router provided by VF it's no problem - just disconnect the phone from the wall and reconnect at the back of the Huawei.

However like many of us who need a proper router, I have reconfigured my home network with an ASUS router and VF's Huawei set up as a dumb modem. Only problem is... telephony. Plugging my phone into the Huawei does not work, probably because it is configured as a dumb modem (I think); and the ASUS router has no socket for telephony.

Has anyone found a way to switch to VF's new digital telephony by re-configuring the Huawei in some ways? Otherwise the only other option (short of buying a new router) is to ask my phone line to be switched back to the PSTN. Anyone has a workaround for this?

Many thanks,
    Mr_D

PS: first posted in VF forum but they wouldn't help customers with "non-standard" setup - hope it's not against the rules

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Options:
    A. Get the PSTN reactivated
    B. Stop bridging, use Asus as access point(wifi) only, phone to HG
    C. Buy an ATA and configure it for Vodafones SIP(might take a bit of poking their support for the credentials).

Advertisement