Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

07 Opel Astra dash lights

• 02-03-2017 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

Started car this morning and Orange Engine management and oil light both stayed lit.
    Drove about 50 yards hoping they would go off.
    Stopped engine and restarted and off they went
    Got to work,stopped engine and restarted and they both stayed on again
    Dipped for oil after 15mins...plenty on dipstick
    2 weeks ago had an oil pump seal/gasket fitted at an Opel dealer as there was small amounts of oil on drive after parking overnight

Any ideas would be most appreciated? :confused:
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Without a fault reader it's a case of checking almost everything in the car that could cause the light to come on, likely though seeing as a recent change was made to the oil pump seal/gasket that fault would be there, I'd go back to the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Thanks Atlantic Dawn
    Can I ask? Even if the lights are off when I take it to the dealer tomorrow will the fault be logged on the car do you know?
    Thanks Steve

M

Steve F wrote: »
    Thanks Atlantic Dawn
    Can I ask? Even if the lights are off when I take it to the dealer tomorrow will the fault be logged on the car do you know?
    Thanks Steve

Yes the historical faults will be logged seperately until they are cleared so dealer will be able to see what previously caused it to display.

Yes the historical faults will be logged seperately until they are cleared so dealer will be able to see what previously caused it to display.

Just came back from the Opel dealer
    Said I have faulty ABS unit.Odd as it was the OIL LIGHT and engine management lights that were coming on???? ABS light never lit apart from when ignition was first turned on but went out as soon as engine started :confused:
    Said new one will be 1000 euro + fitting
    Second hand maybe 250 + fitting
    Any thoughts on this woud be appreatiated
    Steve

M

ABS modules are expensive, it's odd though that the ABS warning light has not come on to show there's a fault. Have you had to do any emergency stops recently where the ABS kicked in or stopped suddenly on gravel or ice where it was activated?

• Advertisement

Hi Atlantic Dawn
    I had to clamp the ol Anchors on there a bit swift the other day :eek:
    The ABS kicked in yes but it operated correctly...it didn't stop halfway through or anything like that
    I was told the car is safe to drive
    It will be interesting to see if the lights come on tomorrow when I use the car after a 24hr lay up,I am not due to use the car today at all
    Steve

Atlantic Dawn
    No lights at all this morning..where does that leave me? ;O)

M

Do you know if the dealer did any kind of investigation on the ABS unit to say it's faulty other than reading the fault codes? I thought by design that if there was a fault the warning light would be on. Brakes are not really something that you like to gamble on though, perhaps take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion?

Do you know if the dealer did any kind of investigation on the ABS unit to say it's faulty other than reading the fault codes? I thought by design that if there was a fault the warning light would be on. Brakes are not really something that you like to gamble on though, perhaps take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion?

Don't know if there was any investigation..I was waiting about 30-35 mins
    Would it have to be another Opel dealer or are these diagnostic tools generic?

No lights lit again this morning
    Have I dodged a 300 euro bill?

• Advertisement
    M

I've had faults before that would pop up a week after they were reset, all depends what is triggering it as to when it would appear again if it's still there.

Thanks for all your advise Atlantic Dawn
    Looks like I could be in limbo for a week or two? :(
    Steve

Advertisement