If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 3D tv question

Options
  • 02-03-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭

hi i have an LG 3D tv (LM640T model) and i need clarification on a setting

3D viewpoint- Shows images Closer or Farther (Im confused as to what way this setting works is pointing towards - moving the images closer and pointing towards + moving the images farther or is it vice versa ??)

Thanks 

Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hi i have an LG 3D tv (LM640T model) and i need clarification on a setting

3D viewpoint- Shows images Closer or Farther (Im confused as to what way this setting works is pointing towards - moving the images closer and pointing towards + moving the images farther or is it vice versa ??)

Thanks 

Paul
    HI PTH2009.

I believe that there are two setting on the older 3D LG screens:

The Below is taken from a LG rep on another forum.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"The 3D Depth controls the amount of "pop" you will get with 3D images by shifting the "left" and "right" images further apart or closer to together. On the other hand, 3D Viewpoint is only available while using the 2D to 3D conversion feature. It will give more "depth" to the picture by adjusting the spacing of the background in relation to the foreground."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So it would seem that the 3D Viewpoint is only to be used when converting 2D to 3D and really is up to the individual on which way they set it to their own taste. Its really trial and error to see which suits your viewing the best.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'm not 100% on this feature myself but I would say that moving towards would make the image stand out more from the screen and moving further would make the image look as if its spanning backwards from the front of the panel.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Its to do with depth of field and how you want to set it up.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]If watching a 3D movie in the cinema it would look as if it is coming out from the screen.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I hope this is of some help to you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Any questions please drop me a post.[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.