Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The more waste the less cost

Options
  • 02-03-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Bin companies charging "service charges"are completely contrary to the principle "the polluter pays"
    Service charge plus bin lift charge for 2 bins is disproportionate to service charge plus bin lift charge for 20 bins.
    Reduce, reuse,recycle seems to be a joke.
    I believe in paying according to the waste I produce, not to a legally government condoned rip off.
    Any company out there that actually charges for the number,weight etc, of bins collected.?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not viable to drive around roads in the hope there's bins out to make money from, hence service charges. Without knowing where you are nobody can give recommendations - a bin firm that covers Inishowen only is not much use in Cork; and even within Dublin they're regional.

Thornton's (parts of Dublin/Kildare/Meath) charge a flat fee based on the amount you put out the previous year and can adjust up/down if usage changes drastically That's the nearest I've found. This type of charge is currently going away in June but the legislation for that has been kicked down the road so often I wouldn't be surprised at another year.

Advertisement