Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag recommendations?

Options
  • 02-03-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I usually commute to work from Naas to Dublin during the summer months and its a great way to get training in. 
    I have to bring my work clothes with me though and the bag I'm currently using isn't great...  this is the only drawback (if you can stomach the traffic and the juggernauts nearly sucking you under their wheels..).
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a comfortable, cycle specific bag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Here is the one I have been using for a good few years now...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77864208&postcount=36

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Cheers Seweryn, I'll take a look..

Mods, I have mistakenly posted this in the adverts section.. Could you please move to the main forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

I've been using a Deuter Trans Alpine backpack for the last couple of years on my 30km daily round trip - fits everything I need and I really don't notice it!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Transporting

I use this for the daily commute, fits the laptop, lunch and clothes in and its proper waterproof.
    https://www.evanscycles.com/ortlieb-velocity-back-pack-00120638
    The reflective strips are good and nice attachment points included to put a light on the bag also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Lidl have bags at the moment(last weeks specials) for 15 euro. Lots of padding in the straps,lots of room in the main part with two side pockets and i found out last night when the bag tipped over that it has a built in fluro yellow rain cover in a pocket at the bottom of the bag. I used it this morning and the bag is completely dry and its pissing out. I'd check them out before spending lots on any others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

C3PO wrote: »
    I've been using a Deuter Trans Alpine backpack for the last couple of years on my 30km daily round trip - fits everything I need and I really don't notice it!

+1 on the Deuter.

I have the Transalpine 30 and it can comfortably take everything I regularly carry and a bit more in an emergency!!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Thanks all.. off to Lidl this evening..!

Advertisement