Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Additional USB/12 Volt charge outlets in the Leaf?

• 02-03-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭

There is just one 12V outlet in the Leaf so just wonder did anyone do anything special re fitting additional ones or additional USB outlets.

Somehow a 3 gang 6 foot RadioShack "extension lead" seems out of place in this environment so before I drill the dash.....?

I need ones for the dash cam, charging the phones and maybe the iPod.
    Will wait till summer to solve the beer cooler in the boot problem:D
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There is just one 12V outlet in the Leaf so just wonder did anyone do anything special re fitting additional ones or additional USB outlets.

Somehow a 3 gang 6 foot RadioShack "extension lead" seems out of place in this environment so before I drill the dash.....?

I need ones for the dash cam, charging the phones and maybe the iPod.
    Will wait till summer to solve the beer cooler in the boot problem:D
    Thanks

You can hard wire the dash cam, the fuse board is easy to access, have a look in my Leaf Hunt thread and there's photos of its location...passenger side of dash IIRC

I can't see the photos on this post (work restrictions) but I'm sure it will give you the jist...

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2002-2006-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/444754-how-hardwire-dash-cam-run-wires-clean.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CL3JJT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_GapaWmrmFePPO

I just got one of these. Dash cam is still wired in, and I get great charging speed from the USB ports for my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks guys, I want to go un-switched for the dash-cam as I find it a useful adjunct to the CCTV at night.

In passing, anyone fit anything to confirm that the car is locked, my last 3 Volvos had it and a quick look at the cctv allowed it verified at night?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There are solutions out there for powering dash cams from the OBD-II port, which may provide power when the car is turned off. Not sure how viable a solution this is with the Leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Remember the 12v system in the Leaf shouldn't have more than 1000W drawn from it as the 12V battery will discharge faster than the DC-DC can recharge it.

The i3 is limited by two fuses to only 120/170W depending on the combination of 12V sockets you are using.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dash cam should be no more that 5v or 3amp fuse, both mine are that spec IIRC

Advertisement