Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain expired but I still can't register it

Options
  • 02-03-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been monitoring a certain domain for 6 months.

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-03-01 T00:00:00.000Z

The above is from the whois of the actual registrar of the site the domain was registered.

I've gone to the domain itself and there is a notice stating "expired domain, please renew or it will be deleted"

As its already past its expiration date, how long until it's actually deleted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Hi, I've been monitoring a certain domain for 6 months.

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-03-01 T00:00:00.000Z

The above is from the whois of the actual registrar of the site the domain was registered.

I've gone to the domain itself and there is a notice stating "expired domain, please renew or it will be deleted"

As its already past its expiration date, how long until it's actually deleted?

Depends on the registrar. Usually they will be given a grace period.
    Check the registrars t&c's and it might mention how long the grace period is.

GoDaddy explains the process here https://uk.godaddy.com/help/when-can-i-register-an-expired-domain-name-572

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Depends on the registrar. Usually they will be given a grace period.
    Check the registrars t&c's and it might mention how long the grace period is.

GoDaddy explains the process here https://uk.godaddy.com/help/when-can-i-register-an-expired-domain-name-572

Thanks a million, seems they offer 30 days grace period. I've put it on back order with go daddy so lets see what happens.

Advertisement