Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus stop, Loughrea.

Options
  • 02-03-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, wondering has anyone any remarks to make about the bus stop located beside supervalue in loughrea,
    seems stupid that if you live at this end of town you can not disembark the bus at this stop, and have to travel all the way down to supermacs to get off, and then walk all the way back.

have been on to micheal moegie maher to see if he can do anything about this.
    have allso been in touch with bus eireann and citylink
    no reply from bus eireann, no suprise.
    citylink replied saying their licence doesent cover them to let people off at this stop.

if anyone out their has any suggestions would love to hear them. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

irish2469 wrote: »
    Hi, wondering has anyone any remarks to make about the bus stop located beside supervalue in loughrea,
    seems stupid that if you live at this end of town you can not disembark the bus at this stop, and have to travel all the way down to supermacs to get off, and then walk all the way back.

have been on to micheal moegie maher to see if he can do anything about this.
    have allso been in touch with bus eireann and citylink
    no reply from bus eireann, no suprise.
    citylink replied saying their licence doesent cover them to let people off at this stop.

if anyone out their has any suggestions would love to hear them. thanks.

TBH I don't think there is much can be done if the bus companies refuse to stop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 irish2469

U are probably right, but it does seem stupid to have a perfectly good bus stop,
    the only one in the town with a cover over it, that just stands their as a bit of street decor.

thanks for your reply

but will not give up yet, have a few more options to try out yet to try and get this stop used.

if their is anyone ellse in loughrea who feels they would like to try and get this bus stop up and running please get in touch through this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

irish2469 wrote: »
    U are probably right, but it does seem stupid to have a perfectly good bus stop,
    the only one in the town with a cover over it, that just stands their as a bit of street decor.

thanks for your reply

but will not give up yet, have a few more options to try out yet to try and get this stop used.

if their is anyone ellse in loughrea who feels they would like to try and get this bus stop up and running please get in touch through this post.

Does any Bus Service actually use the Stop in Question.

If you want any thing done, you are talking to the wrong People, as City Link reminded you, they stop where the NTA tell them to...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was looking at this bus stop passing the other day and seems mad alright that the bus would not stop there, is there any reasoning for it?

thanks for reply. have sent Email to the NTA but to date have received no reply.
    will give it another few days and will contact them again.

• Advertisement

It seems like complete nonsense.. Why put one there if it doesnt get used...New to the area so not sure of any of the local politics but would like to know why

seems like their licence doesent allow them to use this stop,
    and in answer to your question milly no bus service uses this stop,
    i think it is just a bit of street decor.

have never seen anything as stupid, perfectly good stop with a cover, and everyone has to stand on the main street in the rain waiting for a bus.

have been in touch with local TD with very little success
    been in touch with bus eireann no reply
    been in touch with NTA and no reply so far.
    trying to get anything sorted or even get an answer in this country is impossible

but will not give up yet.
    thanks for your interest.

Nice to see money being well used then! Are these crowds on facebook then. I know it is bad but sometimes the more public you make an issue the more it gets dealt with..

I have always found local TDs useless (not here again I know im a blow in) but in general unless it is around voting season..I have seen the people waiting in town alright does seem horrible for them...best of luck with your search for an answer

Milly33,
    I contacted micheal maher local councilor,
    Maybe if he got a few more Emails about this he might actually do something.

best of luck

Oh sure maybe ill jump on the bandwagen even just ask for information as to why it isnt in use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

The bus stop was put there by the developer of the shopping complex in the hope it might attract more business. There was no consultation with any bus operator regarding its usage. So therefore it is not an authorised bus stop

Oh thank you for that! Seems a but daft. I still laugh at the apporach to this complex as it seems to be very excessive for two stores.. How long has it been there. Mad to think the developer got away wtih this stop then, it should be taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh thank you for that! Seems a but daft. I still laugh at the apporach to this complex as it seems to be very excessive for two stores.. How long has it been there. Mad to think the developer got away wtih this stop then, it should be taken down.

Think it was opened around 09 or there abouts, I'd say there were plans for more developments but the property developer went bust when the crash happened.

Oh no another one hit with the crash.. Shame as tis a great spot well I must say now I am quite the fan of the supervalie there.. Mind thinking sure what elese in fairness would you put in there, that isnt alreay in town

UPDATE, been in touch with local councillor and he is writing to bus eireann and citylink to see would they be willing to amend their licences to allow them to stop at this stop.

will post again as soon as he gets back to me, with their reply.

Great stuff well done to you OP. Hopefully they will start to use it, that or take it away

have received reply from bus eireann this morning by email,
    and they have assured me that they are looking into the matter,

so hopefully,:rolleyes:

Yeah well done, hopefully they will open it up as tis a shame to have it there unused, and one that people would actually use

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

If the stop is brought into use it will only benefit travel in eastward direction. Wont be of use if you want to get to Galway.

But it will if you are coming back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If the stop is brought into use it will only benefit travel in eastward direction. Wont be of use if you want to get to Galway.

Is this not kind of true of most/all Bus Stops ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Consider the strikes and the massive losses BE are making, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about this.

Advertisement