Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scraping food off your fork with your teeth

• 02-03-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Is this bad manners? it drives me crazy one of my small fellows does it a bit and i pull him up on it, but am I being unfair?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Nope, I can't sit in a room with a person who does it either. It just seems to grate off some interior bit of my head and i can't block it out!
    I've a cousin who always does it and I cannot sit through a meal with him. Even with soup, fecking SOUP, he uses his teeth on the spoon. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I can't stand that either, but if he's only a little lad he might just be going through a phase where he likes the feel of the fork scraping along his teeth. If you keep pulling him up on it he'll keep doing it - ignore it and he'll get fed up doing it eventually )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Is this bad manners? it drives me crazy one of my small fellows does it a bit and i pull him up on it, but am I being unfair?

If it's his "greens" he's scraping off I wouldn't give a sh1te ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I can't stand that either, but if he's only a little lad he might just be going through a phase where he likes the feel of the fork scraping along his teeth. If you keep pulling him up on it he'll keep doing it - ignore it and he'll get fed up doing it eventually )

He's 11... And a good grubber as they say, but listen what I'm trying to find out is it bad etiquette on a social level. Should i pull him up on it, I sound very mean :(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    He's 11... And a good grubber as they say, but listen what I'm trying to find out is it bad etiquette on a social level. Should i pull him up on it, I sound very mean :(

Hardly, on a "social level" you say "bad etiquette" you say, he'll be grand, if he starts picking his nose at the table well then....personally I've never heard of this matter, or maybe it's been there and I've just never noticed...like most people I suspect.

You might ask in the parenting forum? might be more helpful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If he's 11 then it's more than likely a phase and as vicwatson said, you might try asking in the parenting forum. To be honest, and as someone who has raised children, I wouldn't be worried about it being bad etiquette. It's more a case of you trying not to let it bother you ;)

Advertisement