Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TESCO MOBILE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

Lyca mobile have same price but unlimited texts and 30GB data what I really want to see is low price 4G plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tesco use "3" network right? How about Lyca?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tesco use "3" network right? How about Lyca?

Tesco use old O2 network same as lyca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

jimmynokia wrote: »
    New €15 plan might be worth a look for some http://www.tescomobile.ie/plans.aspx#prepayPlan

On this package 2 months now, finding the mobile data slow but I use it so rarely it doesn't really matter.

With the fact that you get to keep your credit you could potentially build up credit then not top up for as long as it lasts you therefore getting it for cheaper than the €15 pm. Or do what I do and give the unused credit to charity

140490 wrote: »
    Tesco use old O2 network same as lyca

And as this is now "3" is that different? I used to use 3 at one point and reception was dirt so cancelled the contract and moved to Tesco/o2 and it was A1. So even though 3 bought o2 they are still using seperate networks??

Sorry for digression but it's an interesting bargain

• Advertisement

And as this is now "3" is that different? I used to use 3 at one point and reception was dirt so cancelled the contract and moved to Tesco and it was A1. So even though 3 bought o2 they are still using seperate networks??

Sorry for digression but it's and interesting bargain
    Yes it is different. The old O2 network is still technically separate from 3. So having good 3 coverage doesn't guarantee good Tesco coverage and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

And as this is now "3" is that different? I used to use 3 at one point and reception was dirt so cancelled the contract and moved to Tesco/o2 and it was A1. So even though 3 bought o2 they are still using seperate networks??

Sorry for digression but it's an interesting bargain

TESCO and the likes are on the old O2 system which Three now own. Three and ID ( I think) customers are on the newer system hence 4G.

Older system suits me so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Is this in anyway different to 15euro plan they had running last year or have they basically started up the same thing again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I'm on this plan for a year or two unless I'm missing some minor change here?

10Gb data, free calls and your 15 to spend has been going ages anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

remember that 5 euro of tesco clubcard vouchers gets you 15 euro of credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Says it ends July '17, does this deadline get extended indefinitely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I see that postfone have an offer of 10Gb data when you top up by €20. So can you get their unlimited calls and texts bundle for €20 and when you top up, do you automatically get the 10Gb data with it? [don't postfone use Vodafones 4G network?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Says it ends July '17, does this deadline get extended indefinitely?

The offer with 10GB data only started last July. Hopefully July/Aug this year is when they switch 4G on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TheDriver wrote: »
    I see that postfone have an offer of 10Gb data when you top up by €20. So can you get their unlimited calls and texts bundle for €20 and when you top up, do you automatically get the 10Gb data with it? [don't postfone use Vodafones 4G network?]

Yep. Postphone will inherit the best coverage going from Vodafone. A far far cry from Tesco and Lyca.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tesco have been saying 4G is coming for years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm using iD currently with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Id used to have an awful reputation for stuffing things up etc. Has that changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Id used to have an awful reputation for stuffing things up etc. Has that changed?

My wife uses it with no issues

Terrible ime, and their customer services is non existing, they are debt collector happy instead of engaging/responding to a customer, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

looking at their website it seems to be either/or - you either get 10GB of data and then you keep your €20 credit for calls and texts; or you opt for a different plan where you get unlimited calls and texts but no inclusive data. You don't get both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Doubt it, its one or the other going by their website..

W.

They confirmed that free data is an actual plan hence cant combine

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Does anyone know if I have to pay up the 15E every month to get this deal or can I top-up 15E in the 1st month and then in then 2nd month purchase a data add-on for 5E/10E from my topup?

Then in Month 3 I would top-up 15E again and so on....

Not sure if that is possible.

I am currently with 48months paying 10E for 1GB data but there you don't keep the topup.

I checked IDmobile thread on boards.ie and seems a lot of users had pretty bad experience with them. Not sure if that was fixed. I also can't find a list of add-on's on their site like Tesco has (e.g. 1GB mobile data). Perhaps I just didn't find it.

Thanks

Correct, you must top up to get the deal but can just use the credit a different month to buy other add ons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

rh5555 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I have to pay up the 15E every month to get this deal or can I top-up 15E in the 1st month and then in then 2nd month purchase a data add-on for 5E/10E from my topup?

I am currently with 48months paying 10E for 1GB data but there you don't keep the topup.

I checked IDmobile thread on boards.ie and seems a lot of users had pretty bad experience with them. Not sure if that was fixed. I also can't find a list of add-on's on their site like Tesco has (e.g. 1GB mobile data). Perhaps I just didn't find it.

Thanks

Yes you can. That's what I do or else i'd never spend my credit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

loyatemu wrote: »
    looking at their website it seems to be either/or - you either get 10GB of data and then you keep your €20 credit for calls and texts; or you opt for a different plan where you get unlimited calls and texts but no inclusive data. You don't get both.

Irritating choice and no add on option and other plans are ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭pjq

rh5555 wrote: »

Thanks

I'm with Lyca,
    month 1; €15 top up = unlimited calls and texts + 10gb, Credit is €16.50
    month 2; use credit for €15 bundle = unlimited calls and texts + 30gb
    so €15 covers 2.1 months (30days) = annual cost of €87 or €7.20/mth.
    But you have to top up or buy a bundle every 30 days,

If you are happy with a €9- bundle of 300 calls and texts + 1gb the annual cost falls to €65 or €5.40

pjq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭homingbird

pjq wrote: »
    I'm with Lyca,
    month 1; €15 top up = unlimited calls and texts + 10gb, Credit is €16.50
    month 2; use credit for €15 bundle = unlimited calls and texts + 30gb
    so €15 covers 2.1 months (30days) = annual cost of €87 or €7.20/mth.
    But you have to top up or buy a bundle every 30 days,

If you are happy with a €9- bundle of 300 calls and texts + 1gb the annual cost falls to €65 or €5.40

pjq

Is it on day 30 you top up or on day 31 with bounus credit as on day 30 you are still on 1st month credit day 31 you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Thanks pjq,

Thats actually an even better offer than Tesco.

Just had 2 additional questions.

1st The 15E Top up offer says 10GB Data + Unlimited National calls but it doesn't mention unlimited texts. I rarely use regular texts anymore but just wanted to check. Source: http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/top-up-offers

2nd I can definitely use my 15E (or E16.50) topup to purchase one of the bundles here in Month 2: http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle Correct?

Almost forgot, if Lyca says unlimited national calls that includes calls to landlines too I am assuming. Only asking as 48month seems to make a difference between landline/mobile calls.

Also, how is Lyca in general? Are they also using Three network just like 48month + Tesco in which case I am assuming they are pretty equal.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement