Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(023) 886 3353...?

• 02-03-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

@1915 this evening, Cork number. They rang my mobile and as I didn't recognise it, I didn't answer.

No sooner had it stopped, than they rang my landline. Guy on the other end said he was doing some survey or other on behalf of BOI. I stopped him at this point, and asked where he'd gotten BOTH my numbers from. He told me they were supplied by BOI. I politely told him I wasn't interested, and asked him to remove my number from any list BOI had supplied.

Is this a scammer call..? If its legit, I don't ever remember allowing BOI to give out my numbers without prior approvement by myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon georgefalls,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We can confirm that the call your received is genuine. This is a regular online satisfaction survey for our customers. Only those who have previously given marketing consent are contacted. This consent is generally given upon account opening.

Participation in market research is completely voluntary, anonymous and under data protection. Should you wish, we can ensure that your details are removed from our contact list. Just send us a Private message here with your name, branch name and contact number and we'll forward this to our team to ensure you do not receive calls like this in the future.

We appreciate your feedback here today and have passed this to the relevant team.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Good Afternoon georgefalls,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We can confirm that the call your received is genuine. This is a regular online satisfaction survey for our customers. Only those who have previously given marketing consent are contacted. This consent is generally given upon account opening.

Participation in market research is completely voluntary, anonymous and under data protection. Should you wish, we can ensure that your details are removed from our contact list. Just send us a Private message here with your name, branch name and contact number and we'll forward this to our team to ensure you do not receive calls like this in the future.

We appreciate your feedback here today and have passed this to the relevant team.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Just tried to PM, but it appears you can't accept PM's... Typical....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP I had a quick look at your PM issue.
    By selecting the rep above http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=671677

In the About Me window there is a link that reads
    Please click here when requested to send a Private Message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP I had a quick look at your PM issue.
    By selecting the rep above http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=671677

In the About Me window there is a link that reads
    Please click here when requested to send a Private Message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

OK, done it now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

OK, done it now. Thanks

Thanks for that, we’ll pass on your request to have your details removed from our contact list.

Tara C

Advertisement