Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of address (can´t send code by sms)

Options
  • 02-03-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I don´t know why, but I can send sms to everybody but not to 50365.

I received by post the code to change my address, but I could not finish the process by sending the code by sms.

What Can I do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Ricardo4000,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

You can change your address on 365Online if your mobile number is registered and activated. Once you submit your request, you receive an email with a link to upload your documents. We have a very useful video which will give you step by step instructions on how to do this here goo.gl/3b7kBZ

As you've mentioned that you're unable to receive codes by SMS, this would indicate that your mobile number is not yet activated. The recent letter you received may be the activation code for your mobile. If this is the case, you can activate it via 'Manage Accounts' and then 'Active my Mobile' on 365Online.  Once your mobile is activated, you can then request a change of address online.

For more information on this process please see here goo.gl/pgjsCQ

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ricardo4000

Thanks Elaine.

I followed your link, but the video is the same process I made before. 

I didn't find the option to receive email.

Lycamobile sent an information that they can't send SMS to short numbers. So that is why I can't send to BOI. Only receive.

If you could send the link to me, I could try this process of sending documents by email, and not to receive a post to send a code by SMS (short).

Ricardo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Ricardo4000,

Sorry, we misunderstood your previous post. Lycamobile are a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) which uses the internet rather than a cellular network to make calls and send messages, therefore the SMS to 50365 will not work. 

In this instance, you'll need to return the letter containing the security code to the address below and they will complete the update:

Banking 365
    Change of Address Unit
    PO Box 365
    Business Reply
    Dublin 18

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

If you do not get a code it may be because your network provider does not support short code texts (i.e 50400). These networks include:
    · Lycamobile
    · 48 Mobile
    · Post Mobile
    · Virgin Mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luiscesarinfo

Hi Ricardo4000,

Sorry, we misunderstood your previous post. Lycamobile are a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) which uses the internet rather than a cellular network to make calls and send messages, therefore the SMS to 50365 will not work. 

In this instance, you'll need to return the letter containing the security code to the address below and they will complete the update:

Banking 365
    Change of Address Unit
    PO Box 365
    Business Reply
    Dublin 18

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi,

Is this information still valid? The same thingt has happaned the with me. I've received by post the code to change my address, however I could not finish the process using my Lycamobile.

Regards,

Luís César

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Ricardo4000,

Banking 365
    Change of Address Unit
    PO Box 365
    Business Reply
    Dublin 18

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi,

Is this information still valid? The same thingt has happaned the with me. I've received by post the code to change my address, however I could not finish the process using my Lycamobile.

Regards,

Luís César
    Hi Luís César,

Yes this would be correct. Please follow the steps in Tara's post above to complete your request to change your address.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement