Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 heating Zones + hot water, single programmer

• 02-03-2017 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking at the likes of Nest, Tado and etc.
    Does any of them (not so) smart heating control can simply replace the programmer and not require at least two relays?
    I'm looking for a one for all soultion where the 3 channel Programmer is replaced with a single box in a single backplate and thermostats as required with one hub.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'd need 2 nests in that set up, 1 nest can do 1 zone and hot water and the other for the second zone.
    Great device.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

You'd need 2 nests in that set up, 1 nest can do 1 zone and hot water and the other for the second zone.
    Great device.

Thanks, but I was wondering if there's a solution that doesn't require to Relays, I understand the requirement for replacing the Thermostats, but nest usually requires 2nd relay which adds a second box to the wall where the programmer was

Relay would be in the hot press you wouldn't be having it on display. I've 2 relays in the hot press, one portable nest and another one fixed upstairs.

Relay would be in the hot press you wouldn't be having it on display. I've 2 relays in the hot press, one portable nest and another one fixed upstairs.

So is the 3 channel programmer downstairs replaced with one device and the hot press upstairs get a relay?

The programmer/timer will be replaced by the relays. You can put the nest where ever you want.
    Your probably going to use the app more than anything to control the heating/water.

• Advertisement

The programmer/timer will be replaced by the relays. You can put the nest where ever you want.
    Your probably going to use the app more than anything to control the heating/water.

Cheers, I don't want two relays, rather have like to like swap with hub, Thermostats and a single back plate to replace 3 channel programmer.
    I've also no interest in Nest to be honest, no need for Google to know what I had for lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

arikv wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does any of them (not so) smart heating control can simply replace the programmer and not require at least two relays?
    I'm looking for a one for all soultion where the 3 channel Programmer is replaced with a single box in a single backplate and thermostats as required with one hub.

Thanks

Have you checked out the climote

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

I have to get a replacement element for emersion currently not working , I have a nest one zone is it possible/expensive to get the hot water connected to this assume I will need new wifi control for emersion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

arikv wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Have you seen the Ember system from EPH controls? Might be what you are looking for. It's wired in place like a normal programmer but you can add a gateway to make it 'smart' and control via app if you want/need that too.

/T

londonred wrote: »
    I have to get a replacement element for emersion currently not working , I have a nest one zone is it possible/expensive to get the hot water connected to this assume I will need new wifi control for emersion.

Depends on what version nest you have the latest ones do two zones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement