Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance question.

Options
  • 02-03-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

Just been shopping around for insurance and I got a quote from this company called XS or excess insurance through a broker. I'm happy with the quote but I'm looking to see if anyone else is insured with them and can you pay direct debit? It's just handier for me that way and I was never told when I got the quote and forgot to ask.
    Anyone dealt with them before.?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you understand how xs direct works vs normal insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

I understand that the excess is like 3 grand or something. Which I don't mind too much because I have an open claim (which im not at fault for) and can't get insurance anywhere else. Also need my car for my job so haven't much of a choice.

If you have any info on it I'd appreciate it as I don't know much about them.?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

If you have an open claim, how are they quoting for you? Only your existing insurer can quote for you until it's settled.

I wouldn't know much about xs direct other then the 3000 excess. They are a last resort as you are never going to claim with that kind of excess until there are injuries involved

That is incorrect. There are very few insurance companies that will touch anyone with an open claim but I know for a fact that there are some out there. Xs insurance deal with people who have open claims and so do quote devil. Only thing is the car must have a valid nct to be with xs and the car must be at least a 07 with quote devil.
    Also my own insurance company will not quite me. The max they will insure is 6 grand and they quoted me 9.5 grand even though I wasn't liable for the crash, it's because the other driver put in a personal injury claim.

And yes they are a last resort and as I stated previously that I need my car for work and can't get insured anywhere else so I haven't got much of a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Might be cheaper to rent a car for 28 day intervals from one of the hire companies and get car hire excess insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Learn something new everyday. Because they are a last resort I've never really looked into the criteria. Never dealt with quote devil either.

Normally if there is an open claim and the previous insurers don't want to quote, you just go down the 3 declinature letters route but that is always a crazy price. Never seen a quote as high as that though even with declinature letters

Delacent wrote: »
    Might be cheaper to rent a car for 28 day intervals from one of the hire companies and get car hire excess insurance

Nope checked already pal, it works out dearer to rent a car. My insurance with that xs crowd is 1,000 fully comp for the year.. plus need a car literally every day so I'd rather have a car instead of having to worry about dropping it back and gettin another one.. thanks for the idea though

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Learn something new everyday. Because they are a last resort I've never really looked into the criteria. Never dealt with quote devil either.

Normally if there is an open claim and the previous insurers don't want to quote, you just go down the 3 declinature letters route but that is always a crazy price. Never seen a quote as high as that though even with declinature letters

Everydays a school day pal, and yeah I have 3 letters of declinature aswell from other companies. And the reason the quote I got was for 10k was because they 'had to quote me something' that's exactly what they said.

And yeah I only heard about quote devil the other day doing insurance for people with open claims. The fella on the phone told me it has to be a 07 at least and to make sure I have the car before I ring for a quote, because he said the company they deal with are notorious for upping the price if you give 2 or 3 different regions numbers because they know you've no other option really. But I'm not willing to pay for a 07 car to be told somethin like 4 grand for insurance. So then I tried xs by chance and they said 1,000 fully comp. Which I was delighted with because I've been off the road since Christmas and I need my car for work so I wasn't going to argue 1000 especially with an open claim and now no NCB..

Advertisement