Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Based On Graduate Job

• 03-03-2017 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey so this is my scenario, I am currently ~3 months away from graduating from college, and I am in need of a loan for a car. To make a long story short, I have a job secured upon graduation, I had previously worked for the company as part of my coop so my contract excludes the usual probationary period, as I have worked for them already. In effect, the contract has no stated end date.

I have no history of loans bar a student credit card and various direct debits all of which I pay on time. Pretty much just looking for advice in relation to securing a car loan. Would having this job on the table increase the likelihood of being able to acquire a loan? I've often read that banks want consistent payments from an employer for a few months before they would consider giving a loan. Just looking for any advice or experiences that may give me some insight?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Doubt you'll get a loan based on this unfortunately op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You'll 100% get a loan. I know a group of people who all had graduate jobs secured who got nearly 10k loans in May of last year to go on a mad 3 month holiday and it was approved no problem. They had agreed to delay their repayments for 6 months but as long as you have the contract signed I can't see what the problem is. Just go to your bank and explain the situation.

Advertisement