Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cork

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Guys,

As the title states I'm new to Cork, I'm a 27 year old female. I just moved down staying with a relative at the moment.

I'm working in the city centre. I enjoy all the usual things, gym cinema, nights out etc. I don't know anyone my own age down here.

Just wondering what is best way to go about meeting people and hopefully make a few friends along the way !!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi Bobbles,

There are lots of great groups on www.meetup.com with activities for all ages.
    I run my own group on there but I won't say which one in case I come across as biased :)

Kingtut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Do you or did you ever play any sports? Joining a local team or club is one of the best ways imo to make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

try hiking club , cork hillwalkers best for your age group or join a macra na feirme club .
    I moved to Cork 10 years ago and got involved in things - try volunteering ? even if your volunteering with older people it doesn't matter they don't have to be people you would become best mates with - you will get a sense of place and belonging and that will help you meet other people and settle in.
    I know of other people who moved to Cork but didn't settle - you must put yourself out there.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

forgot to add what about Tag rugby ? seems to be sociable sport and popular with young women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

Salsa classes. Get to know a bunch of people in class, go out social dancing with them on weekends ( once you hit a certain level)

• Advertisement
Advertisement