Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

made a wrong payment online using credit card..

Options
  • 03-03-2017 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

due to the site stalling i ended up paying more than i should ..paid 75€ instead of 15€,is it possible to get refunded back to my card?Ulster back adviced me to talk to merchant then Visa dispute,i live alone on welfare so refund to the account isnt viable it would have to be to the credit card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Assuming all details are described accurately..

First option is probably best, contact the company you paid into (in this case Electric Ireland, I assume), explain the situation and they'll refund the difference.

If they don't, contact your bank/VISA again and chargeback the amount you paid extra.

Then cancel your account on account of Electric Ireland due to them being pricks and not sorting you out in what appears to be a simple situation.

Assuming there aren't other details that aren't told about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

they changed the site around instead of the amount being paid being processed under card details you have to change it from the full amount which is on other side of screen,mine was 75€,had done that but wheel was spinning as i clicked under all details from card filled in to pay.it hadnt verifed that i changed it to 15€.i contacted bank but Ulster bank are spose to be pretty bad at letting people charge back.should really be option on their online banking for it in this day and age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi mcdaids69,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order for us to look into this matter for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this query for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

PM sent thanks

Advertisement