Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

receivers letter...what next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

newacc2015 wrote:
    Receivers are literally the bottom rung of society. Not from the POV of that they are repossessing houses, but that they are pretty much completely unregulated, unskilled and you have no recourse with them. Anyone can be a receiver.

Be that as it may the situation is as it is and the tenant has no other options.

What do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

4ensic15 wrote: »
    If the receiver accepts rent he has to pay the deposit.
    Have never heard of that one. Usually they say they don't have the deposit, and to chase it up with the LL (used to see this quite often, and still see it from time to time on here). Do you have a link for this, so I can link back to it in future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mischascha

mad to do what? what procedures are there to be expected?A letter from court?

mischascha wrote:
    mad to do what? what procedures are there to be expected?A letter from court?

An eviction order could be issued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

the_syco wrote: »
    Have never heard of that one. Usually they say they don't have the deposit, and to chase it up with the LL (used to see this quite often, and still see it from time to time on here). Do you have a link for this, so I can link back to it in future?

There is an RTB decision on it.

0615-001211 1114-15295 Appellant: Colin Farquharson (Receiver), Luke Charleton (Receiver), Michael Finnegan - Respondent: Karolina Prochownik, Ibrahim Mohamed Deposit Retention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

OP were you given a Deed of Appointment of Receiver?

I would be worried about your housemates thinking of "wait and see". Please do not pay the rent in cash over to the landlord. He is not going to hand it over to the bank or the receiver for the mortgage. He is going to put it into his back pocket and claim he never got it. You will then have the Receiver onto you looking for the rent and they can begin proceedings to have you evicted from the house.
    As someone else said, engage with the Receivers. Ring them up this morning and ask them what has to be done going forward.

so is it obvious that the mortgage is for the rented house we r talking about or might be diffrent one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    OP were you given a Deed of Appointment of Receiver?

I would be worried about your housemates thinking of "wait and see". Please do not pay the rent in cash over to the landlord. He is not going to hand it over to the bank or the receiver for the mortgage. He is going to put it into his back pocket and claim he never got it. You will then have the Receiver onto you looking for the rent and they can begin proceedings to have you evicted from the house.
    As someone else said, engage with the Receivers. Ring them up this morning and ask them what has to be done going forward.

The receiver won't know how much the rent is so he can't issue a demand.

thats the thing, they don't know who lives here , how much we pay, and so on, why they don't or didn't ask LL about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

mischascha wrote: »
    thats the thing, they don't know who lives here , how much we pay, and so on, why they don't or didn't ask LL about it?

Receiver: "Hi I'm here to tell you we're talking the rent off you and repossessing your investment property"

LL: "WTF!!!"

Receiver: "Yes could I get all the details of the tenants please"

LL: "No Feck off"

Slams door.

This is from my new screenplay - A receiver calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

so is it obvious that the mortgage is for the rented house we r talking about or might be diffrent one?

if your landlord has other properties/land he may have a joint sum mortgage, where bank if he gets behind on other mortgage repayments the bank can appoint receivers to any of the properties. Do you know does he have other property?

id say so

id say so

In the op you said the LL said:

"he only took the first correspondence saying that its about the land"

What did he mean by that?

too many people involved in transferring this statement to me so at this point all i can say that he only assured that everything is at it was before.

sounds like yet another fellow trying to pocket as much rent in cash before it all catches up with him.

too many people involved in transferring this statement to me so at this point all i can say that he only assured that everything is at it was before.

I'm not sure what your post means but if you mean the LL told you everything would be as before you can not believe him. If there's a receiver involved you must talk to them.

I can't express this enough OP, out of concern for you getting ripped off. If you continue to give the LL cash now you could easily get evicted anyway.

thanks, can you tell me when can I read more about it? its fine with me if they want to sell the house, evict me and the rest, its not my house anyway, but just don't want to pay more then i have to, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Here is some info on threshold.ie http://www.threshold.ie/advice/dealing-with-problems-during-your-tenancy/has-a-receiver-taken-over-the-property-you-rent/

You can ring them if you have further questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Big thrill. Threshold often put people wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

Withholding of rent is illegal. Any posts advocating this have been/will be deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement