Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale Supersix evo vs Synapse vs Gisnt Defy pro 0

Options
  • 03-03-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone suggest which of the above is better than the other 2. Looking at longer endurance type events but the supersix gets fairly good reviews for comfort also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How low can you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Cyclace wrote: »
    Anyone suggest which of the above is better than the other 2. Looking at longer endurance type events but the supersix gets fairly good reviews for comfort also.

Hi
    Don`t confuse comfort from bike with comfort from position on bike.
    I can guarantee you that Supersix Evo are different beast geometrywise than Synapse and Defy.
    To me Synapse and Defy are better bikes for "Longer endurance events" aplication.
    Those bikes gives you more upright position when Supersix gives you more stretched aero position.

What is your experience with cycling?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Try to get a test ride. I've ridden the SSix for weeks at a time on bike holidays, and not suffered any more than I expected. I find it fast, responsive, but it's my first carbon bike, so I've nothing to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ernielove

I bought a supersix evo sram red in 2014 as my uprade from an aluminium with a Tiagra group. Its a night and day difference. The SSix is a very nice machine to ride. It can be a little unforgiving but same time, with a decent set of wheels (I run Mavic Cosmic SLS in Summer and Kysrium in winter) she will serve you well. Im at 7150km on it after todays ride and she is right as rain. Bear in mind cannondale use specific tools to losen the spider on the crank in an effort to get you back to the dealership. However these tools can be bought online.

Advertisement