Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Wexford

Options
  • 03-03-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm heading down to Wexford from Dublin (UCD) tonight and I'm wondering is there any route I can take that avoids the snarl up getting on to the M50 and out by Bray?

Probably isn't, but it would make for a change and being stuck in Friday night traffic in the wet is never fun.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm heading down to Wexford from Dublin (UCD) tonight and I'm wondering is there any route I can take that avoids the snarl up getting on to the M50 and out by Bray?

Probably isn't, but it would make for a change and being stuck in Friday night traffic in the wet is never fun.

Thanks!

I've done that trip dozens of times, no avoiding it I'm afraid. Up and over the hill to Mt Anvil, turn left at the Goat, straight out passed the Beacon and on to the M50 at J13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

While it is a snarl up, in my experience it rarely adds more than 20 mins to the journey... aim to leave UCD as quick as possible and stop at the Applegreen at Cullenmore Ashford if you need to use facilities, or buy refreshments and stuff, rather than delaying before you set out. At that stage the traffic is free flowing so it is safe to stop, you won't get snarled up again!

Advertisement