Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motortax scam emails....

• 03-03-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Lads n lasses,just be carefull when you do yer tax online for yer bikes or cages.
    Seems there is a scam going at the moment.
    Me personally,I just wait till the tax crowd sent me a letter in the ppost telling me to renew my tax.:)

Taken from Motortax webpage.

Welcome
    Motor Tax Online is a secure service provided by the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and Ireland's local authorities. Whether you are just browsing or wish to pay your motor tax, we hope you find the site useful and convenient. If you have any queries about the service, please contact us.

PAYMENT OF MOTOR TAX ONLINE
    Information on the online motor tax process
    >> Read Entire Text

WARNING: EMAIL SCAM

This Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport have become aware of fraudulent emails purporting to come from the Department seeking vehicle details and billing information from vehicle owners in connection with their last motor tax transaction.

These emails did not issue from the Department.

The Department never send emails requiring customers to send personal information via email or pop-up windows.

Anyone who receives an email purporting to be from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and suspects it to be fraudulent or a scam, should simply delete it.

Anyone who provided personal information in response to these fraudulent emails should contact their bank or credit card company immediately.

Please see our Privacy and Security page for details on how we secure the transfer of all data between your browser and our site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Road tax IS a scam....:D

Heading to the show now...what a fcuking day...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sorry guard,I did pay for my tax but apparently I'm after getting scammed!!
    Sorry about that again.
    I know,I know,I promise I will sort it out!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Prolly the coppers doing the scam ffs!!!!

Advertisement