Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - UCC Staff A.C. 35th Carmel Lynch 10km Memorial Road Race - Sun 2nd Apr at 11am

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

2012/13/14 thread
    2015 thread
    2016 thread

UCC Staff Athletic Club will hold our Annual Road Race for the 35th successive year Sunday, 2nd April 2017 @ 11.00am. The race is now known as the UCC 10Km Carmel Lynch Memorial, in tribute to our wonderful former club member, Carmel Lynch, who sadly passed away 12 years ago.

The race will be held over a 10 Km distance on the Lee Road/Straight Road circuit.

The event is run under the rules of the Business Houses Athletic Association and is open to all firms and businesses registered with the BHAA. Non members/Fun-runners are also welcome to complete in the event. Last year we had 500 runners participate in the event.

Last entries @ 10.40am. Please note that changing facilities/registraion/refreshments & fantasic prize-giving from our kind sponsors will be at the Western Gateway Building, Western Road (Old greyhound track site).

Start line on Mardkye Walk and finish line near the Kingsley Hotel.

Parking can be secured on Lee road or else in the car park at the Western Gateway building on the day with the overflow car park located in the Aras Na Laoi car park near Gaol Walk; See the UCC Visitor Car Parking map via the following link:
    https://www.ucc.ie/en/media/siteassets/contentassets/maps/Web2012VisitorParking.pdf

Race details: http://corkbhaa.com/races/ucc/

It promises to be a great event and UCC Staff AC looks forward to hosting everyone there on the day. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Looking forward to it. Although I'm not sure if it's the race or the spread afterwards I'm most looking forward to. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Small change to this, due to an event taking place at the Western Gateway Building changing facilities, registration, refreshments & fantastic prize-giving from our kind sponsors will taking place at the Staff Restaurant Building, Main Campus, University College Cork.

#4 on the map below.

17103713_255705668222396_4924162890529757512_n.jpg?oh=4eb824945737e0527b79aaeee57e5964&oe=5969865D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pg339

Great event.

Maybe a bit far out to be checking yet but the weather looks like it might play ball next Sunday without the common bug bear of a headwind coming back in the Straight Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Great race today - well organised and and well marshalled. The weather played ball too. Great value for only €5. The hot chicken goujons were worth the entry fee alone!!

• Advertisement

Great race today - well organised and and well marshalled. The weather played ball too. Great value for only €5. The hot chicken goujons were worth the entry fee alone!!

Glad you enjoyed it!

There was a total of one goujon left when I got back from the finish area, sambos all gone as well but I could have eaten my own body weight in bananas if I wanted :)

Results and a raft of pics are on the Running in Cork blog as normal.

Advertisement