Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONE4ALL

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Got a one4all card at Christmas. Whilst grateful for the gift I find these cards a pain in the neck !

Is there any way that you can convert the card balance in to a lodgement to a post office or a bank account (not banking online) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Got a one4all card at Christmas. Whilst grateful for the gift I find these cards a pain in the neck !

Is there any way that you can convert the card balance in to a lodgement to a post office or a bank account (not banking online) ?

Sell it on Adverts.

you can now convert them into Amazon vouchers which you might find more useful. Otherwise hold onto it until you need to make some big purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Not too sure, but I realised recently you can add them to your Amazon UK account if you want to spend them online. Quite handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can convert them to cash for a processing fee. Has to be done by phone, fee is currently €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Pizzle wrote: »
    Not too sure, but I realised recently you can add them to your Amazon UK account if you want to spend them online. Quite handy.

How do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

sugarman wrote: »
    You can also load them onto a prepaid credit card and use it anywhere.

How would one do that?

I have 2 cards coming up on 12 months since issue that I'm not going to want to spend for a while, would this be the best option? I don't want the balance on them to start reducing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

How would one do that?

I have 2 cards coming up on 12 months since issue that I'm not going to want to spend for a while, would this be the best option? I don't want the balance on them to start reducing

https://www.vplusprepaid.com/

It's not a particularly good option - the fee for converting to the other card is about 10% and they take a monthly maintenance fee as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

How would one do that?

loyatemu wrote: »
    https://www.vplusprepaid.com/

It's not a particularly good option - the fee for converting to the other card is about 10% and they take a monthly maintenance fee as well.

Could I use the two soon to be 12 months old cards to buy one new One4All card? At least that was it wouldn't depreciate monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I never understand people's issues with these. You can use them in some supermarkets last time I had one. Why not do your shopping with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

OP why can't you just go shopping with them, maybe buy yourself something nice to wear for example.

Some of my favourite items of clothing and half of the books on my shelf were bought with One4All cards.

It's beyond me why people have such problems with these cards - I love being able to treat myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I never understand people's issues with these. You can use them in some supermarkets last time I had one. Why not do your shopping with them?

A limited selection of SuperValus mostly in Dublin - less than ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP why can't you just go shopping with them, maybe buy yourself something nice to wear for example.

Some of my favourite items of clothing and half of the books on my shelf were bought with One4All cards.

It's beyond me why people have such problems with these cards - I love being able to treat myself!

Totally agree. It's a gift. Buy yourself something. There are shops I only ever visit when I have a one4all card. I buy books, clothes, shoes, car cleaning accessories, etc.

We all need clothes, so buy some and use the money saved for the groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Thanks for the informative replies.

Problem solved by my other half - she spent it for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Thanks for the informative replies.

Problem solved by my other half - she spent it for me :)

Was just going to offer to help :D:D:D

Was lucky enough to win one at work recently - didn't even make it home - straight into Debenhams to treat myself to some new clothes :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I've had loads of them as presents over the years and almost none of them will work, they always fail to read when scanned in. Tried many different places and usually end up topping up my amazon account.

They dont seem to like been mixed up with other cards as it seems to mess up the magnetic strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

loyatemu wrote: »
    you can now convert them into Amazon vouchers which you might find more useful.
    First of all apologies for bumping an old thread but Id just like to point out that converting the cards to Amazon vouchers ends in 7 days from now.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

muffler wrote: »
    First of all apologies for bumping an old thread but Id just like to point out that converting the cards to Amazon vouchers ends in 7 days from now.

Balls, that was a handy feature

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Spocker wrote: »
    Balls, that was a handy feature
    Tis a pity....and a balls indeed. I never had to use the facility personally but I do know a couple of people who have and they wont be best pleased. Ah well, noting much we can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I am strapped for cash but have a one4all voucher. I need to buy something to bring to a party. Can I spend one4all on alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

I am strapped for cash but have a one4all voucher. I need to buy something to bring to a party. Can I spend one4all on alcohol?

Yes if the shop takes it. Bough all my christmas drink in supervalu using one4all!

• Advertisement

Yes if the shop takes it. Bough all my christmas drink in supervalu using one4all!

Oh fantastic, thank you. Embarrassment avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Only SuperValu accept one for all. None of the other big shops take them.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Only SuperValu accept one for all. None of the other big shops take them.

Just realised that after checking outlets. Nearest Supervalu that takes it is 30 mins away. Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Is it possible to buy one large denomination voucher from multiple smaller ones int he post office?

I have a few 20s, 50s etc that are no use for a single large purchase online! Or even get a redemption from one4all and take the €8 hit on one card rather than them all!

Advertisement