Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Day Foundation

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced longwear makeup, i've tried countless, expensive & not so expensive, I find MAC great but its not very available where i life, i'm using Clarins radiance one at the minute as i like a nice glow & not a matte finish but again it doesn't last all day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

I find Double Wear light good, Clarins Ever Matte, Armani Luminous Silk.

Having said that sometimes the issue is not the foundation, but rather the primer/setting powder etc.
    I was using porefessional as a primer when I should have been using a lighter one. And I cut out my setting powder and started using all nighter setting spray instead and that made a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I haven't tried it yet but apparently applying it with a beauty blender or similar that's been sprayed with setting spray (instead of using a primer) works well to lock it in place for the day.
    As I say I haven't tried it but it could be worth a shot!
    My last all day choices would be Double Wear (not cheap but good value IMO as a little goes so far that a bottle lasts ages) and Milani conceal and perfect (drawbacks of that one being it's not suitable for the very pale and it's not available to buy in Ireland).
    I've heard a bit about a new Wet n Wild one but again, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adini

If you find MAC works for you, House of Fraser sell it on their website and do free delivery for orders over £50. I used to get it delivered all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jellybellyelly

Revlon Colourstay all the way - the only problem is trying to get it off at the end of the day. The Rimmel equivalent is also pretty good but I find the shade range better with Revlon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Brown Thomas deliver MAC makeup, I often order makeup in bulk every few months or once/twice a year from Brown Thomas and usually get my order the very next day even though ive paid standard delivery which is 3.50.

I love Giorgio Armani Luminous silk, it's more of a medium coverage but it can be built up to full or sheared out to make it lighter, Estee Lauder Double Wear has amazing long lasting coverage. Ive accidentally fell asleep in it after a night out and I woke up to find it still on my face. Theyre not the cheapest but theyre worth it in my opinion.

Invest in a good primer, setting spray and finishing powder if you want your makeup to really last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I just bought Bourjois Healthy Mix and I'm very happy with it! It's not specifically long-lasting but it really does last all day, and with excellent coverage. Didn't even need concealer with it, and I usually would. Actually the best foundation I've tried in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Double Wear! Not exactly cheap but the bottle lasts for ages. A little goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Catrice HD foundation - it's pretty much a dupe (in my opinion) to Estee lauders double wear - and it lasts all day on me!

Catrice HD foundation - it's pretty much a dupe (in my opinion) to Estee lauders double wear - and it lasts all day on me!

Is there a good shade range do you know?
    Is Catrice available in Penney's or am I thinking of another brand?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Is there a good shade range do you know?
    Is Catrice available in Penney's or am I thinking of another brand?

It is in pennys but all the chemists seem to have it now...not sure if there is a good shade range, I buy the lightest shade...

• Advertisement

It is in pennys but all the chemists seem to have it now...not sure if there is a good shade range, I buy the lightest shade...

I must check it out so - do you know what shade you'd be in Double Wear or MAC? I'm a pale girl too and the palest shade in some foundations is too strong for me

dee_mc wrote: »
    I must check it out so - do you know what shade you'd be in Double Wear or MAC? I'm a pale girl too and the palest shade in some foundations is too strong for me

I get ivory rose (or rose ivory haha, cant remember which way round!) And the lightest one in Catrice....

Ah ok. I think that's the wrong tone for me so, think I'm cooler or more neutral than anything with 'rose' in the name! Will have a look anyway as I hadn't heard anything about their foundations, always nice to have a recommendation!

That's the one i get 010 Light Beige

http://www.catrice.eu/ie/complexion/make-up/foundation/catrice-cosmetics/hd-liquid-coverage-foundation-010.html

The next one up i tried, 020 Rose Beige (i got that first because of the "rose" part!) was a bit too dark for me.

There are only 4 shades in the range.

Advertisement