Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1890 number to activate my CC

• 03-03-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there another number I can call to activate my CC other than a number that could cost me 31c per minute from my mobile?? (Don't have a landline)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon jonweir76,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

It is generally not necessary to call to activate a Credit card. However, if the letter you received with the card advises you to do so or if you were advised on the phone when the card was re ordered you can call 056 7757303. To confirm the cost of calls to this number, please contact your mobile provider.

Just to mention, currently there are no calls queuing for Credit Card Services and should you call now you will not experience hold time.  

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonweir76

It's a brand new card. It was 'declined by host' when I just tried to use it in a shop and thinking i just needed to pop it into an ATM to get it activated I took it to a BOI machine and tried to change the PIN. Card was declined and wouldn't let me do that. Bit infuriating!

Thanks jonweir76,

From what you've explained the card may indeed need to be activated. This can only be done over the phone. If you call the number given now, the hold time is less than 2 minutes. The call will only take a few minutes and you will be active and ready to use the card straight away.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Less than 2 mins was "5 to ten minutes" when I called.

jonweir76 wrote: »
    Less than 2 mins was "5 to ten minutes" when I called.
    Hi jonweir76,

At the time when we posted here the hold time was correct. I'm sorry that you experienced a more lengthier time when you called. I hope your query has now been resolved.

Thank you again,
    Elaine

• Advertisement

No it hasn't. I am at work and can't keep nipping away from my desk to spend ten minutes on hold. I'll have to try over the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear this jonweir76,

Our credit card services team are available till 8pm this evening and again from 8am to 6pm tomorrow and from 10am to 5pm on Sunday.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement