Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So what are the predictions for tonight/Age of Triumphs?

I reckon all raids brought up to current light level, with most of the original drops brought up - I think elemental burn will be gone off primaries (based on Fatebringer clip in the tease). I don't think Black Spindle will drop in Crota at all.

I think it will be current light level rather than an increase - or any increase will be small. Reason I say that is I think the goal is to get you to replay the old raids and a significant light level increase would create a barrier between you and immediate access to the 'new' raid levels. However, thinking about this on the fly..... if all Raids are brought forward and all can be completed each week it would mean we have 5 Raids, Nightfall, Crucible all capable of giving significant light level drops every week (4 more raids/end game than we currently have) which would increase the speed at which you could level up. I dunno - still thinking no new LL.

I think the Raids will run on a weekly rota in terms of the record book/rituals - ie we complete VoG this week, Crota next week, Kings Fall/Prison of Elders the week after etc. There might be some change the mechanics of each raid on their given week (not sure what they could do) as I think completing these as part of a ritual will grant a special armor set (like the RoI book did) - the Hunter armor in the reveal pic as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'll be interested to see if the updated Raid weapons have any impact on the PvP meta. Sadly, given that the Vex remains ****ed, my dreams of auto rampages are likely to go unrealised. VoC will definitely get some love though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll be interested to see if the updated Raid weapons have any impact on the PvP meta. Sadly, given that the Vex remains ****ed, my dreams of auto rampages are likely to go unrealised. VoC will definitely get some love though.

I watched a video last night of Kruzer playing Trials this week with the Vex. He was doing 23 critical head damage, he couldn't kill anyone. They had to team shot and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Don't think that there will be much change tbh. In standard crucible (no LL weighting) you hardly ever come across someone using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

None of the raid weapons were ever strong in Crucible, with the exception of the Vex which was nerfed a million times.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Don't think that there will be much change tbh. In standard crucible (no LL weighting) you hardly ever come across someone using them.

in fairness I would say a majority of people would use light level appropriate stuff in the game most of the time.

I don't know if the archetypes are viable though. I remember Word of Crota being poor in PvP anyway. Fatebringer as it is has a low base range and no real perk help on that so unless they change up the perk/stat of Fatebringer it won't make an impact on PvP. I've heard Preatorian Foil is a cracking PvP fusion rifle. I think the raid pulses should be good though, I think they are fast rate of fire types.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

VoC was decent enough in Crucible around 2014.
    I have used Pradethdys Timepiece to good effect before also in PvP when LL doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

VoC was decent enough in Crucible around 2014.
    I have used Pradethdys Timepiece to good effect before also in PvP when LL doesn't matter

They where useable, but never meta. I used Atheons Epilouge for the Thorn void kills. Same archetype as Doctor Passion, but wasn't as stable. Useable, but no replacement.

They were never "Meta" cause Trials didn't exist back then, so there was no "Can't use this cause LL is too low" and the fact PvP wasn't as sweaty an experience overall.

In 2014 it was just a load of people playing Control and Clash with Auto Rifles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There was an IB meta. Which was Suros til you finished the AR headshot bounty then switch to one of the 3 HCs if you realised how good they were, or stay with Suros if you didn't. Scouts and Pulses were pretty much non existent and ARs were limited to high impact ones.

• Advertisement

There was still a mini-meta though. OG Suros. OG Thorn. OG TLW. OG Mida.

There were Good Guns that were ridiculously hard to attain. Exotics were hard to come by. We unless you had the coin to go ahead and buy the Suros in week 3 or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Back in my day, this was all fields...

Or Vexs, whichevs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'm actually not sure what I want from "age of Triumph". I'd rather not see the old raids brought upto 400light level, or even an increase in light level at all. I'd rather see challenges in the old raids, have to complete them wearing the armour set or a weekly challenge. There was a mention on reddit that there was a 2nd vault of glass set once upon a time so maybe thats finally coming out.

I know destiny "1" is coming to an end, but I still can't bring myself to delete my titan armour sets. Only yesterday finally got the missing piece of the lantern set.

I really hoped they let us xbox players have the exclusive ps4 stuff now, one last piece of collecting before we move on.

Crap! Forgot about the stream!!

No new light level - the old raids are at 390. So I was right on no LL increase.

Rumble for the crucible book... Shudder!!

Damn the collections!!!

interestingly Deej mentioned they will discuss how Elemental Primaries (raid weapons) will effect the sandbox in two weeks - indicating we will have elemental primaries. It could be the discussion is: Why we decided not to bring them back with the elementary burns - but the way it was said today indicates they are coming back.

Lighthouse is part of the record book. It is retroactive. I got there the very first day - and didn't get the emblem. I hope it is still counted!

Trials has a full page.

• Advertisement

Lighthouse is part of the record book. It is retroactive. I got there the very first day - and didn't get the emblem. I hope it is still counted!

As the stream unfolds, I'm starting to make my peace with never finishing the book.

You don't need to complete all the milestones in the book to get all the book rank rewards.

You don't need to complete all the milestones in the book to get all the book rank rewards.

No sooner had I posted that than they went over that. I missed the start.

PetKing wrote: »
    No sooner had I posted that than they went over that. I missed the start.

indeed you still may never actually complete the book.

I don't think I actually completed the class quests, think I may have deleted them. Not sure I could be arsed doing them now. Remember not even attempting some quest that needed multiple 7 orb supers in a strike.

I don't think I actually completed the class quests, think I may have deleted them. Not sure I could be arsed doing them now. Remember not even attempting some quest that needed multiple 7 orb supers in a strike.

I think all my classes are at that stage and have been since TTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Raid Of The Week/Raid Challenges sound good, it also looks like a VoG/CE ghost, or a KF/WoTM sparrow will be an obtainable reward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally, we can do a real Sherpa fest with the old raids now too :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Finally, we can do a real Sherpa fest with the old raids now too :D

New 400 VoC. My baby's coming back.

I expect to log in and have like.... 60% of this book done right off the bat :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I expect to log in and have like.... 60% of this book done right off the bat :D

Does it count from the start of play or only from release of the book??

Advertisement