Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Does it count from the start of play or only from release of the book??

Start of play. So everything you've done up to this point, will go towards completion of the relevant pages and nodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Depends, some stuff like "Get 50 Melee Titan Kills in Crucible" will be from the start of the book (loose example) where as "Collect X Ships" or "Do X Story Missions" will be retroactive

I would imagine there will be a fair bit of grinding in Strikes and PvP to fill the time between weekly Raid Challenges.

20 Heroic strikes..... kill me now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Start of play. So everything you've done up to this point, will go towards completion of the relevant pages and nodes.

I think some of the stuff has to be done from the start of the book. There is stuff on pages that is historical and and some from the point of the book. I think, for example, the crucible stuff requiring Rumble points is from the start of the book rather than the start of the game.

They said on the stream that you could have about 50% done when you open the book, but there is stuff that will need to be filled in from the 28th onwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Depends, some stuff like "Get 50 Melee Titan Kills in Crucible" will be from the start of the book (loose example) where as "Collect X Ships" or "Do X Story Missions" will be retroactive

I would imagine there will be a fair bit of grinding in Strikes and PvP to fill the time between weekly Raid Challenges.

20 Heroic strikes..... kill me now

Ill just post you some Anthrax there, make sure your missus doesnt open it :pac:

I think some of the stuff has to be done from the start of the book. There is stuff on pages that is historical and and some from the point of the book. I think, for example, the crucible stuff requiring Rumble points is from the start of the book rather than the start of the game.

They said on the stream that you could have about 50% done when you open the book, but there is stuff that will need to be filled in from the 28th onwards.

Ah oky doky. Still haven't seen the stream. Full contents of the book still under wraps yeah?

• Advertisement

Ah oky doky. Still haven't seen the stream. Full contents of the book still under wraps yeah?

For most of the pages they showed half the nodes.

They said they don't expect everyone to get unlock every node. The amount of nodes required to 100% the book rank (there are 7 rank rewards) is far less than the number of total nodes.

Stolen from the Destiny Reddit. A multitude of screen grabs from the reveal stream.

ToO will probably remain mostly incomplete for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Making Flawless a requirement would be like dropping a tanker of petrol on a tyre fire

They only went and did it. The absolute lunatics!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hopefully the player pool will expand, at least offer some increased chance at it. How much will AdamD be charging for carries now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They only went and did it. The absolute lunatics!!! :pac:

Streamers will be working overtime. Viewership should increase. Almost like it's part of a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hopefully the player pool will expand, at least offer some increased chance at it. How much will AdamD be charging for carries now? :pac:

Dont worry I will be undercutting him either way :pac:

Dont worry I will be undercutting him either way :pac:

You? Or Nathan? Or are you gonna whore him out?

You? Or Nathan? Or are you gonna whore him out?

Eh im whoring him out will ya stop...... he will make me a nice few bob :pac:

Eh im whoring him out will ya stop...... he will make me a nice few bob :pac:

Good job. I hope your going to be offering a No Win No Fee clause.

Good job. I hope your going to be offering a No Win No Fee clause.

Ah in fairness I wouldnt charge, he just wants to play trials all the time so its good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I liked the nod to the loot cave where you "disturb the remains". Wonder aswell if they were just trolling when they mentioned about Luke Smith being only one of two people who know how many chests are in the vault of glass.

I have no issue with them having flawless in trials as a node in this.

Firstly I think I will have it as I have been flawless - just the once, but I have done it, so fingers crossed.

Secondly, going Flawless is an accomplishment and deserves to be regarded and rewarded as such in a book dedicated to celebrating a players triumphs.

Another thing - the shade being thrown at PopeBear by Deej on twitter and especially in the stream yesterday is just brilliant.

I have no issue with them having flawless in trials as a node in this.

Firstly I think I will have it as I have been flawless - just the once, but I have done it, so fingers crossed.

Secondly, going Flawless is an accomplishment and deserves to be regarded and rewarded as such in a book dedicated to celebrating a players triumphs.

Everyone remembers their first flawless in fairness :D

Everyone remembers their first flawless in fairness :D

giphy-facebook_s.jpg?t=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Another thing - the shade being thrown at PopeBear by Deej on twitter and especially in the stream yesterday is just brilliant.

Christ I hate that pope bear lad with a passion, no clue who he was till he started showing up on the destiny community podcast, he ruins it every ****ing week.. Rant over

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Christ I hate that pope bear lad with a passion, no clue who he was till he started showing up on the destiny community podcast, he ruins it every ****ing week.. Rant over

I like him, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Collected a plethora of new ghosts in preparation for my book (which also helped the grimoire for the book), and I now notice I'm going to be left with one of the zero value grimoire cards, 'Treasures of the dawning' for opening a gift in the tower. Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Whens this update/book out btw?

AdamD wrote: »
    Whens this update/book out btw?

March 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just a reminder that the AoT livestream is on at 5pm today instead of 6pm like last week due to America being on DST.

Just a reminder that the AoT livestream is on at 5pm today instead of 6pm like last week due to America being on DST.

Twitch can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

New Daybreak mod on Nightfalls maximises recharge rates for all guardian abilities, once a month. Will be on every week for 6 weeks from mid July.
    New 390 CoE activity.
    New AoT treasure box containing all D1 premium content.
    All D1 premium content added to Silver Dust kiosk.
    New 12 step Speaker quest.
    New Weekly Story playlist replaces Daily Story Mission.
    Nightfall rep boost returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

New Daybreak mod on Nightfalls maximises recharge rates for all guardian abilities, once a month. Will be on every week for 6 weeks from mid July.
    New 390 CoE activity.
    New AoT treasure box containing all D1 premium content.
    All D1 premium content added to Silver Dust kiosk.
    New 12 step Speaker quest.
    New Weekly Story playlist replaces Daily Story Mission.
    Nightfall rep boost returns.

cool, might finally get one of those "ghost" ghosts. I saw in the stream they showed the original halloween blue mask as a possible drop aswell, but don't recall seeing it when they went to the kiosk.

At least you can get 3 of those new treasure boxes a week aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Will a node in the book be "Obtain a piece of celery" ?

Mine is sitting in my vault getting mouldy.

Advertisement