Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Will a node in the book be "Obtain a piece of celery" ?

Mine is sitting in my vault getting mouldy.

Let it rot, what about the useless piece of paper with the unique note we got aswell? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Teaser is up for this weeks stream. The new armour ornaments look class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I want to know what that massive sniper is. NLB with a skin? All new Black Hammer?

I want to know what that massive sniper is. NLB with a skin? All new Black Hammer?

NLB with the new ornament I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

NLB with the new ornament I think.

Yep that's NLB, I never really bothered with the ornaments myself but maybe I should use them now seeing as there will be more options.

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yep that's NLB, I never really bothered with the ornaments myself but maybe I should use them now seeing as there will be more options.

If I got one for a weapon I had, I'd equip it. The only one I actually wanted was the Spec Ops for Mida.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Hawkmoon one is the best in the game in my opinion - love the feather glowing when the LiC perk procs.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

If I got one for a weapon I had, I'd equip it. The only one I actually wanted was the Spec Ops for Mida.

Can that not be bought, with silver dust, from the kiosk beside the postmaster in the tower?

nevelator wrote: »
    Can that not be bought, with silver dust, from the kiosk beside the postmaster in the tower?

It can. 25 Dust per Ornament. I have it from a drop, one of the first I got, so happy out. The rest can go gather real dust. They're a nice addition to the game, and if there was another that I really wanted, I'd probably buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 Mins to stream folks

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

• Advertisement

New Master Raid ornament is universal.

Some raid primaries have Exotic(Adept) versions that have the elemental burn, including KF and WotM, the legendary versions do not. Can be earned from challenges in the featured weekly raid via raid ornaments.

No Y3 Black Spindle.

Necrochasm buffed, exotic perk now triggers on any kill instead of just precision.

Auto Rifle damage getting buffed. Less damage fall off at range.

Hand Cannon range slightly increased.

Chroma AoT class items obtainable from the new Speaker quest.

Health regen bug fixed, except for Red Death, Hungering blade and simmering flames.

Blink recovery nerf reverted.

NLB flinch increased.

Skorri only activated for 1min after kill. Resets between ToO rounds.

Sidearm only respawns with 1 mag.

Specials now refill mag upon opening ammo box.

New Master Raid ornament is universal.

Some raid primaries have Exotic(Adept) versions that have the elemental burn, including KF and WotM, the legendary versions do not. Can be earned from challenges in the featured weekly raid via raid ornaments.

No Y3 Black Spindle.

Necrochasm buffed, exotic perk now triggers on any kill instead of just precision.

Auto Rifle damage getting buffed. Less damage fall off at range.

Hand Cannon range slightly increased.

Chroma AoT class items obtainable from the new Speaker quest.

Health regen bug fixed, except for Red Death, Hungering blade and simmering flames.

Blink recovery nerf reverted.

NLB flinch increased.

Skorri only activated for 1min after kill. Resets between ToO rounds.

Sidearm only respawns with 1 mag.

Specials now refill mag upon opening ammo box.

Hand cannon range wasn't increased. The range is now 3m shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Been using The Wail the last week 2 weeks and it felt awesome. Someone here recomended it. Got Thorn the other night and once i got the perks all levelled it also felt really good.

If i was to pick something about them that i didnt like it would be range,so to see it shrink further just when im getting used to HC's is disappointing:(

Like the drop off in damage over distance is crazy anyway. Kinda feels like shotguns in this game,i do like shotguns but you need to get ridiculously close for them to be truely effective from what i see. This is all through the eyes of someone who plays mostly PvE though,not sure how they stack up in PvP.

All in all im looking forward to AoT,ive really got to stop doing quests and playing the story over and over and get this end game stuff done. I just have too much fun doing random crap in this game.

New statues flanking the stairs on the other side of the bridge encounter - look similar to the statues at the start of the oryx raid. Wonder if a similar mechanic will be employed there now. Or are they just a new cosmetic detail

No there's a mechanic behind them. All guardians to take down a knight or some such. Or 2 extra Knights. They'll drop an orb to be slammed at each statue

New statues flanking the stairs on the other side of the bridge encounter - look similar to the statues at the start of the oryx raid. Wonder if a similar mechanic will be employed there now. Or are they just a new cosmetic detail
    I bet it just cosmetic, add them in to screw with peoples heads!

(Still will be happy if I'm wrong)

No there's a mechanic behind them. All guardians to take down a knight or some such. Or 2 extra Knights. They'll drop an orb to be slammed at each statue

Whats your source for this?

Meaning you will need to kill 6 Knights, meaning you need to kill 6 Gatekeepers with X number of swords (and can't skip the 6th one), but it means you can't do it solo, or have 3 guys go across and 3 cause enemies to despawn

Whats your source for this?

Meaning you will need to kill 6 Knights, meaning you need to kill 6 Gatekeepers with X number of swords (and can't skip the 6th one), but it means you can't do it solo, or have 3 guys go across and 3 cause enemies to despawn

They have said they are fixing certain issues within CE specifically, and one of the big ones was cheesing the bridge. So I think it's safe to say no more 3 over 3 deaths, and I am assuming the new statues are tied to the Gatekeepers and Knights.

Can't imagine them adding in those statues WITHOUT a mechanic being attached to them.

I enjoyed how you went from absolute fact to speculation within 2 posts :P

Not that I'm saying your assumption is wrong

• Advertisement

I enjoyed how you went from absolute fact to speculation within 2 posts :P

Not that I'm saying your assumption is wrong

Isn't that what we do here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I enjoyed how you went from absolute fact to speculation within 2 posts

Isn't that what we do here?

Remember when generic used to speculate like the rest of us, before he became one of the inner circle...pepperidge farm remembers... You've changed man

So.... who is looking forward to hitting Crota again tomorrow night!?

Oh ai. Need to know bout them new fangled totem things all the kids are on about these days

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yep, took a break to play Horizon but looking forward to some raiding over the next few weeks.

I'm definitely interested in hitting up Crota tomorrow and doing the challenges, the raid doesn't go live at reset right?

Wont be able to until Wednesday myself, no Tuesday raiding for me for the foreseeable future.

wexdevil wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested in hitting up Crota tomorrow and doing the challenges, the raid doesn't go live at reset right?

10am PST which I think puts it at 6pm our time.

• Advertisement

Yup, I'd be up for that

Advertisement